The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cosmetic Helmets, Why De?

Eternity07

I feel like this is a step backwards in the development of the game, I thought up until today that the next nova helmet would give me a little more power. Until I read up on one of the past updates discovering that the helmets from now on will be cosmetic only. Which is pretty sad, I like how certain heads gave you a nice boast with a small deduction, instead of just a cosmetic change.

"OMG I CANT BE MOAR OP NOAW QQ MOAR" Honestly I like that it will no longer have stats. 

There have been numerous suggestions of making helmets' stats and cosmetic appearances separate. I see no reason as to why they shouldn't follow that.

Simply making all new helmets cosmetic only and doing nothing whatsoever to make them resemble the other helmets makes the whole system feel very lazy and incomplete. Almost like they simply didn't want to take the time to think up of some alternate stats.

Why not?

Player A: Man I like the new Nekros helmet, too bad the stats on it suck.

Player B: I like the new Nekros helmet too but I don't mind the stats so I'll use it.

Player C: I love the stats on the Nekros helmet, but I wish the helmet wasn't so ugly.

If you remove the stats from the Nekros helmet player A can wear it for the looks and be happy. Player B will be happy and will stay equal in power to other players. Player C will be happy because he can choose to not wear the helmet and will not be losing or gaining anything from it.

See why removing stats is a good idea now?

Player D: I love stats of Vanguard so much, what's why i spend my plat.

DE: "remove stats"

Player D: **$#&$ you!!!

They aren't removing stats of previous helmets...they just won't add any to future helmets, you'll know what you're getting with your money so no player D's complaint doesn't exist.

Essence gives its greetin's.

But good god is that thing hideous.

"Cap'n! We've located the Red October!"

Swindle is all kinds of sexy but is slightly less awesome in the way of bonuses (although it's better for min-maxing prod time AoE).

cosmetic helmet options are a + to me... no more stupid things like "adds stamina and reduce speed" for Ember (yeah,.... less speed for an already slow frame with no defense.) or "minus power efficiency for -whatever it is-" for Trinity. 

im all in for a helmet for a new design aspect without no arbitrary bonus and debuff

They aren't removing stats of previous helmets...they just won't add any to future helmets, you'll know what you're getting with your money so no player D's complaint doesn't exist.

What's the point?

Very useful, but a bit ugly Vanguard?

or

Useless, but awesome new helmet?

It's just lazyness: "I don't wanna balance helmets, so just remove stats."

They should just give two helmets, one with stats and one without.

I dont care about min/maxing so i dont care what stats im loosing.

But without stats im not even going to care to go out of the way for an alarm since the mats could be used for something that is actually useful in some way.

I almost didnt build the Nekros helmet.

cosmetic helmet options are a + to me... no more stupid things like "adds stamina and reduce speed" for Ember (yeah,.... less speed for an already slow frame with no defense.) or "minus power efficiency for -whatever it is-" for Trinity. 

im all in for a helmet for a new design aspect without no arbitrary bonus and debuff

Ember has average speed.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

Honestly cosmetic only helms from the start would have been a good idea.  All along they should have had cosmetic helmets and Chassis and the systems with no cosmetic change have the stat changes the current helmets do.  3 market items where they have just the one now.  I would really like s few of the alt helms cosmetically but may not like the stat changes.

There are only a handful of good helms, yes Vanguard is probably the top.  I did Pendragon right away and am not 100% sold on many others but there definitely some I like cosmetically but really dont want the stat change they offer.

What's the point?

Very useful, but a bit ugly Vanguard?

or

Useless, but awesome new helmet?

It's just lazyness: "I don't wanna balance helmets, so just remove stats."

You're like the 1% of the community who thinks this is a bad idea...stop arguing about something that's smart for them to do.