Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox modding change

(PSN)Glaceon_Frost101

After watching todays devstream where they showcased sephagoths shadow having its own separate UI for modding, I think other frames could benefit from it most people in the chat were saying chroma but what about equinox one of the biggest issues with equinox is that you cant really build for both sides (not even color them independently which does screw some fashion ideas) which makes playing equinox feel rather one sided or restricted. Feel free to add any suggestions or your opinions about it 

Separate modding and moreso Fashionframe for both halves, yes, this should happen.

... but alas, Warframe history has plenty examples of older Frames getting left behind in favor of newer ones.

Titania and then also Wukong got free flight.
Zephyr is still a clunky mess.

Nekros / Revenant / Xaku can have a bunch of minions.
Nyx still only gets one.

Octavia's Mallet and Wukong's Defy can effectively turn enemies' attacks against them.
Nyx' Absorb can't.

Harrow and Titania get buff durations of two minutes regardless of Mods.
Trinity has base durations of 12 or even just 10 seconds.

Revenant's Reave is steerable, deals % damage, heals you, and buffs Squad members.
Hydroid's Tidal Surge ... yeah right.

You can have perma invis on Ivara and Octavia, Wisp gets it for free just by jumping.
Ash' invisibility is 8 seconds and can't be refreshed.

Garuda gets an enemy leap skill that adds further offensive and defensive functions plus has an instakill threshold.
Valkyr's Ripline is a pretty flaccid mobility / damage tool, and a (pure, no further effects) enemy leap skill requires an Augment.

</lol rant>

Basically, I'm not holding my breath at this point. Sorry for the pessimism, I dare you to make me eat my words, DE. Love ya.

28 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Separate modding and moreso Fashionframe for both halves, yes, this should happen.

... but alas, Warframe history has plenty examples of older Frames getting left behind in favor of newer ones.

Titania and then also Wukong got free flight.
Zephyr is still a clunky mess.

Nekros / Revenant / Xaku can have a bunch of minions.
Nyx still only gets one.

Octavia's Mallet and Wukong's Defy can effectively turn enemies' attacks against them.
Nyx' Absorb can't.

Harrow and Titania get buff durations of two minutes regardless of Mods.
Trinity has base durations of 12 or even just 10 seconds.

Revenant's Reave is steerable, deals % damage, heals you, and buffs Squad members.
Hydroid's Tidal Surge ... yeah right.

You can have perma invis on Ivara and Octavia, Wisp gets it for free just by jumping.
Ash' invisibility is 8 seconds and can't be refreshed.

Garuda gets an enemy leap skill that adds further offensive and defensive functions plus has an instakill threshold.
Valkyr's Ripline is a pretty flaccid mobility / damage tool, and a (pure, no further effects) enemy leap skill requires an Augment.

</lol rant>

Basically, I'm not holding my breath at this point. Sorry for the pessimism, I dare you to make me eat my words, DE. Love ya.

I understand your frustration a lot of older frames being left to deteriorate over time frost and nyx being more prominent examples due to how the game has changed and could use some elements from new frames (for example nidus meter being added into old frames like saryn in her rework and subsequently added on and expanded like gauss, ember, sephagot)

Another frame that occurred to me just now is Chroma. If the Effigy had its own modding UI, it could be used to modify its skillset, targeting priorities and efficiencies. Giving it its own set of abilities that it can employ and modify would be really amazing and might push Effigy to not be terrible.

Archived