Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will using a micro/macro in warframe get me banned?

MaievS

Question

I'm just wondering if the Use of "Autohotkey" is allowed or will it result in a ban? plz a mod or someone at DE reply.

Just to not break my finger spamming buttons like khoras whip or just the melee button in 1h+ runs in general.

4 answers to this question

Not from DE, but the general rule of thumb seems to be:

-If it plays the game for you, like full automation, it's bad

-If it does something hella glitchy or takes advantage of a bug, especially if the script is doing it way faster than any human could, it's bad

-If it's saving you from carpal tunnel syndrome, that's okay

Something like auto-pressing a keybind a reasonable number of times per second is very unlikely to land you in trouble. It's not trying to bug something out or play the game for you, it's just QoL.

Anyone feel free to correct if something's notably changed on that front, though.

The official line is explained here: https://digitalextremes.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360030014351-Third-Party-Software-and-You

Punchline is: "in theory yes as long as it is not an exploit, but we can change our mind whenever we want and if we do we'll ban you and there is nothing you can do".

I don't recommend it, personally.

DE will not clarify this answer any more than this. They have no interest in giving their thumb up to any macro - they'd look unreasonable if at some point they change their mind. It is a risk you are taking and you have to decide whether you like that risk.

Off-topic.

I just use an xbox controller. Some parts are easier and more intuitive, some are less intuitive or require putting down the controller. It would be nice if there was a controller designed for left-handed movement while at the same time using a proper mouse for camera control. I don't deny that aiming with the mouse is insanely accurate compared to a silly joystick.

Archived