Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critical surge, blazing pillage, and augments that rely on 2 abilities Have no place in the helminth.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

its better to think of helminth as a add-on rather than a key factor of warframe. like believe it or not, now Devs have to make some giveaway ability for new frames they have to create. they will have to keep in mind whether certain new ability with some other frame will not break the game and stuff. that's one of the negative i think of helminth system. 

A good change to make these augments viable and interesting within the Helminth system would be to make them more generic to be usable with certains niche build, but still heavily oriented toward the current use.
Here are 2 examples with the augments your mentionned :

Blazing Pillage : PIllage Augment - Enemies affected by Haven a link will be set ablaze for 200 Heat damage and restore 50 additional Shields to Hildryn.

• This mean anythink that link enemies can trigger the effect, including : Trinity's Link, Nidus' Parasitic Link, Equinox's Rest, Magus Lockdown, Ocucor homing beams, Klebrik Scaffold homing beam, etc...

Critical Surge : Breach Surge Augment - Teleporting to a Reservoir costs 50% Energy the original price and grants 10% Critical Chance de Sniper Rifles per meter traveled for 9s. Maximum of 350% Critical chance.

• This mean any teleportation can trigger the effect, including : Loki's Switch Telport (yourself or ally), Ash's Teleport, Nova's Worm Hole, Rift Strike, etc...
  • As for "the original price" instead of "Energy" it means it will half the cost if the teleportation use something else than energy, like Rift Strike consuming combo as it trigger on heavy attacks.

Those are very small changes and doesn't make the augment useful in ALL situations, but it still make these augments more versatiles and usable with some specific loadouts, while still being heavily oriented toward the default ability and making it much easier to use this way.

57 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

its better to think of helminth as a add-on rather than a key factor of warframe. like believe it or not, now Devs have to make some giveaway ability for new frames they have to create. they will have to keep in mind whether certain new ability with some other frame will not break the game and stuff. that's one of the negative i think of helminth system. 

i know, i know...i have to admit i'm being a bit greedy when i say that i want more expansions for the helminth.

do you think it shouldn't be more than what it is right now? 

34 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

Critical Surge : Breach Surge Augment - Teleporting to a Reservoir costs 50% Energy the original price and grants 10% Critical Chance de Sniper Rifles per meter traveled for 9s. Maximum of 350% Critical chance.

• This mean any teleportation can trigger the effect, including : Loki's Switch Telport (yourself or ally), Ash's Teleport, Nova's Worm Hole, Rift Strike, etc...

i wonder if Protea's temporal anchor counts as a teleport...

but nice ideas, i was thinking about the exact same thing but in general. 

the idea of helminth-specific augment mods for subsumed abilities, the effect only works when ability is on another warframe

Archived