Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Helmet Idea (New Corrupted Arcanes?)

Tesseract7777

So here is my idea to try to please everyone at once, at least as best as possible: 

1) Leave the current arcane helmets as is, for collectors to enjoy as they wish. 

2) Create new arcanes (that work on any frame) based on the affects of the old arcane helmets. The stats can be tweaked as necessary to give them all proper levels (some of the weaker arcane helmet's arcane counterpart would likely have the arcane helmet stats as the base rank or something), and then since they raise one stat and lower another, they can be called corrupted arcanes or something. 

And that solves the problem of how to acquire them:

3) Nightmare Orokin Derelict missions, with increased starting levels and random nightmare conditions; apart from that it would be same unlock method as getting corrupted mods. You would run these nightmare orokin derelict missions with dragon keys equipped, and have to find the vault, except on the nightmare ones, you are drawing from a pool of corrupted arcanes.  

This way, we could have the stats from the old arcane helmets in the game (so no stat changing items are locked from players), and they could be tweaked and updated to at least stand up to other arcanes and give us more options (more options are always good and are one of the things that make Warframe great!). At the same time, collectors who want to have the old helmets purely as collectors items, would still have their item unchanged and unobtainable except for the select few willing to pay the high price from those who still have them. 

I'm fine with collectors having collectors items, but I think stat changing items should at least be reasonably available, and this is an opportunity to create an interesting new set of regular game modes to play, and give us some interesting new arcanes to collect and level up, while still leaving the collectors item unique and in the hands of collectors. 

What do you think of this idea? 

I actually think it would be better to keep the corrupted arcanes power level the same as the helmets and have them fill the niche of lower rank "starter" arcanes with them being opened up to all frames. As you said most arcane helmets fall off really steeply vs current arcanes except in niche rolls. Loki's duration helmet is a great example of this as you don't really need a lot of what the other arcanes offer with loki. This would also probably better fit with the difficulty of nightmare derelict missions cuz honestly the modifiers for nightmare are pretty soft (which like nightmare missions you could restrict to 1 per however long until resets)

Arcanes are really badly explained in the game... as in not at all and hidden in the foundry (the place you look to mod your warframes and abilities am I right?) So a super simple introductory quest to them (Like the one that gets you the flame blade bp) would go miles into teaching players it exists at all. You could make the corrupted arcanes have like 3 ranks instead of 5 or 11

Archived