Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So About That "daring Comeback"...

Anarties

Then why you conveniently forget about the fact that the winning side will be determined by the dominance over planet - Corpus already had upper hand by possessing all nodes on planet at start. Also, so far Grinner battle pays included one Reactor while Corpus - two.

None of this changes that Grineer are dominating due to rewards.

None of this was fair to begin with.

Grineer have the better rewards from the beginning making it go to the Grineer ever since it began.

I'm wasting my time making Grineer supporters like you understand anything.

None of this changes that Grineer are dominating due to rewards.

None of this was fair to begin with.

Grineer have the better rewards from the beginning making it go to the Grineer ever since it began.

I'm wasting my time making Grineer supporters like you understand anything.

Grinner had better rewards at the start (but currently scales are shifting into Corpus favour) to balance Corpus dominance over sector.

To be honest I'm not fond of either side. Lore-wise it's all smoke and mirrors to me - Grineer used the whole situation as an excuse to invade Corpus territory and started a war that serves Corpus as a diversion from Zanuka project.

Furthermore I consider the whole event a big spectacle rather than actual competition. This might be due to the fact that I'm a veteran pen and paper RPG player thus I'm accustomed to situation where game master have all tools and means to freely shift balance to create memorable experience - all the players are aware of that and agree to it for sake of common good.

Edited by xGryphus

Grinner had better rewards at the start (but currently scales are shifting into Corpus favour) to balance Corpus dominance over sector.

To be honest I'm not fond of either side. Lore-wise it's all smoke and mirrors to me - Grineer used the whole situation as an excuse to invade Corpus territory and started a war that serves Corpus as a diversion from Zanuka project.

Furthermore I consider the whole event a big spectacle rather than actual competition. This might be due to the fact that I'm a veteran pen and paper RPG player thus I'm accustomed to situation where game master have all tools and means to freely shift balance to create memorable experience - all the players are aware of that and agree to it for sake of common good.

I give you that much.

Lore wise I think it's all smoke and mirrors as well. I'd rather keep the Grineer down and out at the cost of my fellow Tenno to save millions of lives.

Honestly, I never have experienced something this unfair before so it's a shock to me. I never cared about losing or winning but even as a child I had a thing against being unfair. Even if I was being unfair myself I'd always change things around so it would be fair.

It's kind of unsettling seeing a potentially great event become the product of ultimate greed.

Then why you conveniently forget about the fact that the winning side will be determined by the dominance over planet - Corpus already had upper hand by possessing all nodes on planet at start. Also, so far Grinner battle pays included one Reactor while Corpus - two.

I feel like that was not the best way to start the event to begin with. If DE truly wanted us to start on an even playing field, they'd just have us fight for each planet one by one. None of this "Grineer have to force their way into Corpus territory" business. No previous ownerships.

Does this method conflict with lore? Probably. But then again, so are some of these battle pays...

Edited by Ixalion

I give you that much.

Lore wise I think it's all smoke and mirrors as well. I'd rather keep the Grineer down and out at the cost of my fellow Tenno to save millions of lives.

Honestly, I never have experienced something this unfair before so it's a shock to me. I never cared about losing or winning but even as a child I had a thing against being unfair. Even if I was being unfair myself I'd always change things around so it would be fair.

It's kind of unsettling seeing a potentially great event become the product of ultimate greed.

Well there is the chance we're being set up for a lore-bomb where the Tenno make a monumentally bad call and suddenly - Grineer everywhere or something. I doubt it but you never know.

The handling has been a bit...wibbly wobbly.

I give you that much.

I admire such an attitude. Call me a blind optimist but I actually believe that DE had best intentions to balance Corpus dominance over sector by giving Grinner better rewards at the start. In a perfect world both sides would start on equal terms and would offer equal battle pays but this would kill all the drama.

In my eyes DE merely created a scene where, after all, players are actors and I've seen all kinds of them: sworn supporters of Corpus as well as blind followers of Grinner, noble guardians of galactic balance as well as loyal warriors seeking rescue for their brothers in arms and last but not least - plain soldiers of fortune scavenging for best rewards. All of them will forge the outcome of this conflict - things can hardly be fair in such a situation.

At the end of the day those who actually enjoyed the whole show and new game mechanics will be winners to me - regardless of the side they supported.

Edited by xGryphus

I admire such an attitude. Call me a blind optimist but I actually believe that DE had best intentions to balance Corpus dominance over sector by giving Grinner better rewards at the start. In perfect world both sides would start on equal terms and would offer equal battle pays but this would seem a bit fake, wouldn't it?

In my eyes DE merely created a scene where, after all, players are actors and I've seen all kinds of them: sworn supporters of Corpus as well as blind follower of Grinner, noble guardians of galactic balance as well as loyal warriors seeking rescue for their brothers in arms and last but not least - plain soldiers of fortune scavenging for best rewards. All of them will forge the outcome of this conflict - things can hardly be fair in such a situation.

At the end of the day those who actually enjoyed the whole show and new game mechanics will be winners to me - regardless of the side they supported.

What if...DE purposely created a rift between Corpus and Grineer supporters to make everything seem like an actual War?

Like what would happen if the Tenno truly did take sides in this war?

I wouldn't put it past them to use us to simulate a war lol.

You've got me thinking now.

If what you say is true them I'm interested to see how things will pan out.

What if...DE purposely created a rift between Corpus and Grineer supporters to make everything seem like an actual War?

Like what would happen if the Tenno truly did take sides in this war?

I wouldn't put it past them to use us to simulate a war lol.

You've got me thinking now.

If what you say is true them I'm interested to see how things will pan out.

DE could simply introduce few paragraphs of text to alter lore but instead they invited us to be part of it. Tension between sides can be seen everywhere on the forum to the point where many players unintentionally started to role-play. Forum posts from Alad V and Sargas Rug brought it to even next level. Was it intentional? I don't know, probably. Nevertheless I think it's amazing.

Currently I'm really looking forward to some plot twist.

Edited by xGryphus

Yet even tho they had the backing of Warbros and Broframe they still lost it. Tells you how much "want" are in the true greedy.

You realise that about 1/3 of Broframe went Corpus anyway ?

You should see our combined Corpus/Grineer score, doesn't get to Warbros great effort but would have put us in a solid second place.

You realise that about 1/3 of Broframe went Corpus anyway ?

You should see our combined Corpus/Grineer score, doesn't get to Warbros great effort but would have put us in a solid second place.

You do realize that 1/3 of Corpus is still 2/3 of one of the highest clans of members. I don't know how many are activate but that's still a lot more than most others clans. So stop saying Broframe didn't have a deciding factor in this event cause they did.

You do realize that 1/3 of Corpus is still 2/3 of one of the highest clans of members. I don't know how many are activate but that's still a lot more than most others clans. So stop saying Broframe didn't have a deciding factor in this event cause they did.

There's 4 million Tenno accounts according to DE. Assuming half of those are alts (which seems unreasonably high) and that half of those remaining are inactive, broframe's 12k members are a drop in the bucket. 

There have been enough Grineer missions offering arguably better rewards, and only a few Corpus ones with superior ones. Additionally I'm going to wager that many people are siding with what at the time seems like the winning faction, which drives more away from supporting the faction with losses. Path of least resistance, additionally people have been saying in the missions I've been in that the Corpus are easier to fight - And I find that point hard to argue when the Grineer have their unblockable napalm spamming, not to mention the rollerballs but those are trivial.

There's 4 million Tenno accounts according to DE. Assuming half of those are alts (which seems unreasonably high) and that half of those remaining are inactive, broframe's 12k members are a drop in the bucket. 

There are ~500k members registered on forums...

There are ~500k members registered on forums...

forum accounts != to warframe accounts - you have to activate your forum account.  It is why you will see forum account creations waaay past their actual game account creation date on some peeps.  

As for this comeback, I'm a bit disappointed.  I really thought Corpus actually did have something up their sleeve as they said during primetime.  I guess there is always tomorrow but....well we shall see I guess. 

forum accounts != to warframe accounts - you have to activate your forum account.  It is why you will see forum account creations waaay past their actual game account creation date on some peeps.  

As for this comeback, I'm a bit disappointed.  I really thought Corpus actually did have something up their sleeve as they said during primetime.  I guess there is always tomorrow but....well we shall see I guess. 

Let's hope those were not empty promises.

I"m not optimistic, but that doesn't mean I will stop supporting the side. I truly don't want the brakka or whatever it is called anyway, looks like a super-soaker.

I'm agreeing with you.

I'm a pessimist by nature, I have no faith at all in DE to turn this around and let Corpus stand a chance.

However, I do also refuse to give up and let Grineer win.

The Brakk looks $&*&*#(%&.

I'm ok with getting the Brakk. I'm actually split on the rewards, I suppose I really wanted to see the differences between them before I was forced to decide to chose. Based on pure aesthetics, Coprus hands down.

It is believed that they are reskins of each other.

Doing the exact same thing but with different effects and animations.