Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

When The Badges Come Corpus...

xFrostKnightx

Tenno are not the Justice League, Tenno look out for Tenno.

Tenno look out for each other "and" others. We were given a choice;

save our brethren at the cost of thousands of innocent colonies.

Save thousands at the loss of our own.

Just because their Tenno doesn't make them worth more lives. I choose my side for the survival of many and the death of few.

Just because their Tenno doesn't make them worth more lives. 

It does.

Assuming you're right, and the Tenno are actually a benevolent force seeking the greater good of all (that's a huge if) - then we are the only hope for peace in the galaxy. Having just awoken, it's more crucial now to gather as many Tenno as we can to push back both the Grineer and Corpus for the greater good.

Saving civilians won't do anything for the war effort. You've seen how useful the hostages are in rescue missions.

Tenno look out for each other "and" others. We were given a choice;

save our brethren at the cost of thousands of innocent colonies.

Save thousands at the loss of our own.

Just because their Tenno doesn't make them worth more lives. I choose my side for the survival of many and the death of few.

No, Tenno look out for Tenno, helping others is a bonus. We killed Vor because revenge AND because he was hunting for more Tenno, we killed Lech Kril because it would destabilize the grineer AND take out a powerful foe, we killed Ruk because he was attacking Tenno dig sites, we killed Tyl Regor because he was the lead researcher in stabilizing the Grineer clones' genes, we killed the Jackal and Hyena because they were a threat to Tenno in the field, and Nef Anyo because he was acquiring cyropods and selling them.

We killed ZERO of those people because they were harming the local population (in whatever form that takes) or because they had attacked another faction, or something. We killed ALL of them because they were either directly harming Tenno OR were doing something that would lead to Tenno being harmed (i.e. stabilizing the Grineer's clones, which makes it easier for them to be produced en masse safely)

I find it extremely ironic that the Corpus are being called greedy when so many players played exclusively for the rewards o.o

You must be confused. The Grineer only had vastly superior rewards for one (arguably three) nodes. The first node, and the ones where fieldron and mutagen masses were offered compared to credits. Spear (however) showed that credits<fieldron isn't as cemented as people thought (augustus complainers). This would also call into question, all the complaints about Quirinus v1 being unfair. Corpus have offered potatos while the grineer offered credits twice. The Grineer did it once (on the first node when Corpus controlled the entire map).

I heard something like Tennos being the defenders of a solar system. But I have yet to see a line in the Tenno contract that would tell me that I have to save every kitten sitting on a tree.

-> While we are it, does anyone know how the badges will look like?

Because I kinda like the Corpus symbols design while blocky Grineer looks lazy. But  I am pretty sure we are not getting the original logos.

The only thing I disagree with is that, corpus are trying to dissect the tenno, while the grineer are a chance to save those tenno. Yes, the grineer want the tenno, but they don't know where the tenno pods are.

The pods are on Sedna, not Mars, you're helping the grineer for absolutely no reason.

Congrats.

We need a lore war section of the forums.

The Grineer exist only to ensure sleeping Tenno never wake up. It's right in their description in game. What's funny is that people who support them, do it because they want to help the sleeping Tenno. Even if the Corpus don't get them the Grineer and Lotus have no idea how to get them either, so they'll probably just sit there indefinitely in their refrigerators until the Grineer who live near Sedna find them accidentally and do what the Grineer do without making a Rukus (get it?) out of it.

Can we return to the topic of swag?

Edited by VegetableBasket

The pods are on Sedna, not Mars, you're helping the grineer for absolutely no reason.

Congrats.

This is as stupid as saying "Hitler is in Germany, not France. You're invading Normandy for absolutely no reason."

Cripple them on Mars, and they'll be too weak to stop you in Sedna. It's a gateway. 

This event hasn't been unfair as many Corpus supporters are trying to paint it.

I think it also was quite fair.

Though the first Grineer rewards VS Corpus credits caused some clans to change their decision and - Because they would negate their clan points - Had to stick to their choice until the end to be top ranked.

-> While we are it, does anyone know how the badges will look like?

Congrats.

Who says they haven't moved pods to Mars? Or that by killing them on Mars we won't delay them else where. Also, where is it that the pods are on Sedna and ONLY Sedna?

This is as stupid as saying "Hitler is in Germany, not France. You're invading Normandy for absolutely no reason."

Cripple them on Mars, and they'll be too weak to stop you in Sedna. It's a gateway. 

I like this, it works imo.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

https://warframe.com/game/factions/tenno

"Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other."

How does it feel like to not be a proper Tenno?

Ever think helping the guys who are out to kill you and your entire race isn't exactly an act of loyalty to your entire race?

Edited by VegetableBasket

I shall where mines proudly.

To Corpus Haters: Can you please not post? Just give us one thread to our own?

Why don't you stop posting these hateful Grineer posts, maybe then we could start having our own threads hmh? As far as I can see, there have been mere 4 Grineer threads, a few Mercenary threads and a couple of dozens of Corpus threads with all the patriotic feeling on every posts on both sides. Now you still wonder why we bite back and some even have the nerve to blame us for cyber-bullying.

The analogy would work a hell of a lot better if the Allies had deep strike capabilities.

We don't know where they are on Sedna; and when fighting a force with near infinite numbers "tying them up" isnt really a valid strategy. The corpus wont be weaker anywhere except for on mars during/after this conflict, and neither will the grineer. (regardless of both sides losing millions of soldiers. though that's a DE mistake and not really a universe fitting one.)

Also, when have the corpus managed to stop us from doing whatever we wanted before now? They don't need to be weakened for us to be able to deal with them effectively. The "smart" way to do this would've been to cap Alad V or other ranking official, find and take pods, then smash the grineer. For all we know the corpus could just be using this whole battle as way to distract us while they do whatever they had originally planned.

The analogy would work a hell of a lot better if the Allies had deep strike capabilities.

We don't know where they are on Sedna; and when fighting a force with near infinite numbers "tying them up" isnt really a valid strategy. The corpus wont be weaker anywhere except for on mars during/after this conflict, and neither will the grineer. (regardless of both sides losing millions of soldiers. though that's a DE mistake and not really a universe fitting one.)

Also, when have the corpus managed to stop us from doing whatever we wanted before now? They don't need to be weakened for us to be able to deal with them effectively. The "smart" way to do this would've been to cap Alad V or other ranking official, find and take pods, then smash the grineer. For all we know the corpus could just be using this whole battle as way to distract us while they do whatever they had originally planned.

If only the Allies didn't scatter when deep striking too....sorry, tabletop moment.

Anyway, of course that's a much better strategy. Hell, if we're powerful enough to swing the balance of a faction war, we should be powerful (not to mention stealthy and covert) enough to sneak in and rescue the crypods ourselves, then let the factions duke it out and clean up the mess. But it makes sense from DE's standpoint to engage us in the environment of a PvE game, and have an influence on how the galaxy in which we play develops.

Presumably, making the Corpus war-weary and bleeding will make them less willing to put up resistance when we do head over to Sedna to retrieve the cryopods. They wouldn't want to risk another beating. They have, after all, lost an entire sector. The monetary cost is huge - in terms of diminished influence, the transport cost of shipping crewmen to the frontlines and then retreating, the cost of each expensive MOA and flux rifle lost....

We will wear them with pride and honor!

We survived the greed and temptation of better rewards.

We stood strong when our ranks defected for a measily gun.

The de rigging could not even break our spirits and hope.

We are Corpus and we stand loyal to the Tenno purpose!

Do you know anyone who actually looks at other people's badges?

Don't forget that while the Corpus are rushing reinforcements to Mars, this forces them to uncover other vital areas, weakening them overall.

Also, Corpus PR really, really sucks if Alad V is less charismatic than a man (debatable) who chews every word like it's steak, and only learned English recently to speak to the Tenno.

If only the Allies didn't scatter when deep striking too....sorry, tabletop moment.

Anyway, of course that's a much better strategy. Hell, if we're powerful enough to swing the balance of a faction war, we should be powerful (not to mention stealthy and covert) enough to sneak in and rescue the crypods ourselves, then let the factions duke it out and clean up the mess. But it makes sense from DE's standpoint to engage us in the environment of a PvE game, and have an influence on how the galaxy in which we play develops.

Presumably, making the Corpus war-weary and bleeding will make them less willing to put up resistance when we do head over to Sedna to retrieve the cryopods. They wouldn't want to risk another beating. They have, after all, lost an entire sector. The monetary cost is huge - in terms of diminished influence, the transport cost of shipping crewmen to the frontlines and then retreating, the cost of each expensive MOA and flux rifle lost....

Eh, fair enough then.

Last para is how I think it's supposed to be in-universe, but I doubt we'll see any notable in game changes, which makes it feel kind of like a wash to me.