Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack Missions? Or Normal Missions with Railjack Bits?

BlackAce

Something felt off when I saw my Railjack health bar greyed out when entering the capital ship during my last node on Neptune Proxima. I've been playing solo since the update dropped so I wasn't paying attention until that one moment. I checked the forum and then it makes sense why the health bar greyed out. All players must present on the main Point of Interest to actually do the main mission. The Railjack part is completely cut off during the main part of the mission. What's the point of Railjack then? I always thought that my brave and quirky crews are fighting off enemies' spacecraft while I'm doing my part inside the enemies' capital ship. But no.

Other than the new mission flow, everything about the update is good. Really good. I really like the simplified Railjack interior layout. Separating main Armor/HP stat upgrade from mods with plating is nice. Corpus fleet design is great. Some need tweaks and bug fixes of course but that's how it goes with a big update. But the new Railjack Mission flow is fundamentally bad. It doesn't make any sense. Why would missions for Railjack have the Railjack itself has little involvement in the mission. Instead we get missions you can play on the normal starchart as the actual main mission with a bit of Railjack at the beginning.

When doing a Railjack Defense, make the Railjack actually involved in the Defense part of the mission. Something like halting enemy reinforcements from overwhelming/sabotaging the ground crew who defend the point of interest. The same goes for whatever mission types you have for Railjack.

Maybe something like Plunder where players have to raid enemies' point of interest and move valuables to the Railjack. When moving stuff, the Railjack has to be stationary which makes it vulnerable to enemy attacks. The ground crew is responsible for teleporting the valuables while the Railjack crew defend the Railjack.

Just don't cut off the Railjack part and put it aside on a Railjack mission. Make it actually involved on the main objective.

I don't think having Raljack sections that have a lot of ground combat are a bad thing, although I do agree that it being quite so extensive and for Railjack's third outing (with round 2, Scarlet Spear, being in exactly the same boat) is very much out of taste, especially since many of the changes to the ship itself and the increased aggresion of the enemies means that Railjacking around is quite fun. Aside from the easy spam of Warframe energy (although in practice, I can definitely see what they were going for - not that it really works, but I see it), Railjack's streamlining I feel was quite well done, and whilst there's room for improvement, there's space for there to be. More variety in what engineers can do (perhaps  some ability to boost performance as well as repair?) both player and AI and some kind of increased granularity in what Pilot AI can do - focusing Crewships or other artillery targets, focusing evasion and focusing combat spring to mind.

I want Railjack missions to be Railjack missions. I don't want them to be less Railjacky. If I wanted to play a sad, 5 rounds of defense on a needlessly large corpus tileset I would have skipped the part where I get into my cool AF spaceship, fly into space and have epic spaceship fights with other cool AF spaceships and just had a few sad rotations on Hydron.

Making Railjack less like Railjack is not the right direction. If railjack can't be its own thing and has to be something the devs are ashamed to develop they it has no purpose. The gawe mode can absolutely overlap with typical content, but if the venn diagram of Railjack and "normal" missions becomes a perfect circle then there is no point to Railjack because you can just do the "normal" stuff without the infuriatingly small drip into the cool AF space opera stuff that is afraid of letting experiance it.

13 hours ago, Loza03 said:

I don't think having Raljack sections that have a lot of ground combat are a bad thing

I never said I'm against any ground combat. When it's done by cutting off the Railjack itself, it's no longer a Railjack Mission. If I want the normal grounded Warframe mission, I don't think I'm going to play a Railjack Mission.

13 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Railjack's streamlining I feel was quite well done

Like I said, everything other than the new mission flow are good. The thing is, yes the Railjack is improved but we aren't really using it. It's just a glorified taxi now. Again, what's the point?

3 hours ago, Raso719 said:

I want Railjack missions to be Railjack missions. I don't want them to be less Railjacky. If I wanted to play a sad, 5 rounds of defense on a needlessly large corpus tileset I would have skipped the part where I get into my cool AF spaceship, fly into space and have epic spaceship fights with other cool AF spaceships and just had a few sad rotations on Hydron.

This is where I find it weird. They remove Gian Point because they view it as a grind magnet and it made other nodes less attractive. It is true but there is another side to it. There are players who like playing Gian Point because it's just a pure Railjack mission. Removing a pure Railjack node from a Railjack map doesn't make any sense. I had all of my Railjack stuff sorted out but Gian Point was my go to node when I have a Railjack itch to scratch because I get to play Railjack without getting sidetracked.

Now which node would I play if I want to play Railjack? Not these new nodes. These are no longer Railjack nodes. They are regular missions with sprinkled Railjack bits. The only reason I'm going to play them is for the rewards. Once I get stuff from those nodes sorted out, I don't think I'm going to touch them aside from helping people out. Grineer skirmishes are my go to nodes. But they only last until they overhaul it to be like Corpus nodes.

Needs to be the other way around. The orphix missions are a good example. something quick. The way it is now, you might as well kill vanilla and make the whole game have railjack beginning. Starting the game the way it does now but after getting the orbiter fixed, you start into railjack and from then on, it's all railjack bits with normal missions. (this suggestion is ridiculous at best in order to denote the sarcasm). Why revert back to the content we've done for the last 9 years and ruin a good secondary part of the game? Shorten the off ship missions to 3 min or less. One round of defense would be a good example. Or if you have to get off ship, some kind of jammer that disables your ship and you go one on one archwing. My confusion is based in the presentation of railjack being different, not the same old thing. Otherwise, what's the point of railjack at all?

7 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

make the whole game have railjack beginning

some people don't have a railjack - so for them, it should be pilot the landing craft to the destination, avoiding fire from the crewships and fighters. I mean, why not.... its the new direction DE wants to go in (I noted your sarcasm, this is mine 😀)

11 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Starting the game the way it does now but after getting the orbiter fixed, you start into railjack and from then on, it's all railjack bits with normal missions.

1 minute ago, gbjbaanb said:

some people don't have a railjack - so for them, it should be pilot the landing craft to the destination, avoiding fire from the crewships and fighters. I mean, why not.... its the new direction DE wants to go in (I noted your sarcasm, this is mine 😀)

I would suggest reading the whole thing next time.

Just now, gbjbaanb said:

take your own advice.

Still some don't have a railjack. I'm not going to bother arguing over both our ad-absurdum suggestions with you.

What part of "after getting the orbiter fixed, you start into railjack" doesnt already address what you said? Of COURSE they dont have a railjack. That's why you A) fix the orbiter and then immediately B) fix the rail jack. SMH... stop posting to post and get a reading comprehension class.

Archived