Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very Disappointed In The Lanka

Vallerian

The Lanka is my favorite primary weapon in the game. And between the Paris, Dread, Vuktar, Snipetron, S-Vandal, and the Lanka, i believe the Lanka is the best overall simply because of its 250 base serrated blade damage. The Vuktar is terrible overall because of its bullet damage and the Snipetron has only a 4 round magazine with a unbearable reload speed which makes it in my opinion less efficient and less effective overall than the Lanka

It one shots high level heavy units. Sniper rifles and bows are not frontwards assault weapons so don't try to rush into the fray with them and try to use them in a frantic close quarter fight. Snipers play a more supportive role targeting heavier units and major threats to the team at a distance

Have you tried to play Battlefield 3 or 4 and tried to use a sniper? Bullets there have travel time, if it was just hitscan there would be no skill to land those heavy hitting shots. It is the same here I think, the travel time is there to offset its monstrous damage, so you get rewarded for landing shots.

The Snipetron Vandal is more or less a heavy-hitting Latron with smaller magazine in my opinion, I treat both the same, only that I do not need to fire multiple times on smaller targets with the Snipetron Vandal. It is not a weapon like the Lanka, where you line up the shot and wait a second or two before firing, instead you just aim at the top of center of mass and press the trigger without zoom.

Imho, the Lanka is fine as is, though I would like a change to the model to better indicate charging and the fact that it uses superheated plasma (or something similar).

I'll just throw this out there again... not acceptable.

warframe-lankaderp.png

This is how all weapons behave when you have positioned your character like that. It is even worse for large projectiles like eg. the Glaive. The shot originates from the weapon's barrel, not the center of the screen.

yup.... as one of many third person shooter that has a side preference, your character does not stand at exactly where your screen is looking at.

THe problem is not with Lanka, but with the game mechanic it self.

I"m surprised it took someone till rank 7 to learn that though.

give the lanka some love, he needs heavy forma to reach his full potential, yeah, the projective has travel time, magnetic propelled shot :p

but with th e right mods, the charge is not that long, and will will get used to it, you will take the rythm : charge, aiming in that time, release when aligned

you will soon forget the charge, like with the ogris :) and the damages .... you can two shot almost anything below 160, this looks like a sniper, but it is more a mini cannon, the only downside is :

if you use heavy caliber, aiming for the head @long range result 70% of the time in a miss, if you re really far, you have to aim the torso

this is definitely not my most loved weapon, but it's worth it

It's not magnetic propelled. It's classified as a LASER sniper rifle. Laser. Pew pew. Which is supposed to have little to no travel time at all. 

DE... Why are you backwards? 

EDIT:

Should've been a MOA railgun. 

And the Lanka is bloody awesome. My favorite by far. 

Edited by TwiceDead

Charge, press R, charge.

Done.

What makes you think Lanka can't cancel charge?

Also, in case you haven't used Lanka before, the charges after the first shot are started immediately after the bullet is shot, meaning no animation of bow drawing, which makes Lanka's fire rate almost as fast as the Paris.

What makes you think Lanka can't cancel charge?

Also, in case you haven't used Lanka before, the charges after the first shot are started immediately after the bullet is shot, meaning no animation of bow drawing, which makes Lanka's fire rate almost as fast as the Paris.

I've played both with max shred and speed trigger.

The Lanka is only as fast as a Paris without Shred.

Paris with shred is ungoly.

And try canceling the charge with a Lanka when you're not on the first shot.

It gets tedious and stupid because you have to block cancel the shot.

Lanka is more trouble than it's worth.

The Lanka is my favorite primary weapon in the game. And between the Paris, Dread, Vuktar, Snipetron, S-Vandal, and the Lanka, i believe the Lanka is the best overall simply because of its 250 base serrated blade damage. The Vuktar is terrible overall because of its bullet damage and the Snipetron has only a 4 round magazine with a unbearable reload speed which makes it in my opinion less efficient and less effective overall than the Lanka

It one shots high level heavy units. Sniper rifles and bows are not frontwards assault weapons so don't try to rush into the fray with them and try to use them in a frantic close quarter fight. Snipers play a more supportive role targeting heavier units and major threats to the team at a distance

Agreed. I've got mine maxed out (well except for Heavy Caliber, which is rank 9 still because I can't be bothered to spend an hour clicking mods 1 at a time to max it out).

It's not the gun with the most sustained damage output, but it's really good for 1-shotting ancients, techs, railgun and shockwave MOAs, and heavies.

the only thing i have to sya about the lanka is:

It is a very nice weapon, with a very lazy and cheap (to not say not existant) model work.

same look as a snipetron? really? that was laazy.

if you ask me, a better model for the lanka hould be like this:

Rail-Gun-concept-Sparth.jpg

NOTE: no my concept, just googled it.

you'd have to add a scope to it for the sniper feel, but the Halo 4 Railgun (what this is) is a great example of what the Lanka should look like

I might have to make a thread about the looks on the Lanka once I get around to it

I've played both with max shred and speed trigger.

The Lanka is only as fast as a Paris without Shred.

Paris with shred is ungoly.

And try canceling the charge with a Lanka when you're not on the first shot.

It gets tedious and stupid because you have to block cancel the shot.

Lanka is more trouble than it's worth.

How coincidental! I too play both Paris and Lanka, in fact, they're my favorites in Warframe, and I have them both supercharged and forma'd.

With Paris being my most played weapon(only 28% though), I can say that Paris can never reach its maximum firing rate with Speed Trigger and Shred alone. What you're forgetting is the reload mods, which Paris will need since the bow drawing will be greatly reduce with them. 

I myself just did a test with the two weapons, both only installing 3 mods: maxed Speed Trigger, maxed Shred, and maxed Fast Hands. Both shooting 20 shots, including Lanka's reload. The result was quite interesting, Lanka ended with 24.36 seconds, and Paris ended with 26.99 seconds(both are shown from Windows Movie Maker, which you can re-calculate if you want). I guess you can shave off a second or two on both weapons, but that's what I came up with.

With that being said, I don't think you'll believe that just on my words, so a video is being uploaded and will be linked here as soon as it's finished.

Edited by Recyclex

How coincidental! I too play both Paris and Lanka, in fact, they're my favorites in Warframe, and I have them both supercharged and forma'd.

With Paris being my most played weapon(only 28% though), I can say that Paris can never reach its maximum firing rate with Speed Trigger and Shred alone. What you're forgetting is the reload mods, which Paris will need since the bow drawing will be greatly reduce with them. 

I myself just did a test with the two weapons, both only installing 3 mods: maxed Speed Trigger, maxed Shred, and maxed Fast Hands. Both shooting 20 shots, including Lanka's reload. The result was quite interesting, Lanka ended with 24.36 seconds, and Paris ended with 26.99 seconds(both are shown from Windows Movie Maker, which you can re-calculate if you want). I guess you can shave off a second or two on both weapons, but that's what I came up with.

With that being said, I don't think you'll believe that just on my words, so a video is being uploaded and will be linked here as soon as it's finished.

Well I actually have Paris Prime. but I doubt that makes a difference.

I despise using the Lanka. I would have loved to use the Snipertron Vandal but I missed the event.

The Lanka is just wonky and quite an ineffective sniper. 

Even the Vulkar is better than the Lanka when it comes to sniping. Lanka just has better stats and reload.

I cannot use a weapon that forced me to block just to cancel a shot and has a dreadfully long charge time when it's supposed to be a sniper.

I'd rather use Paris Prime and stick to it's complications.

Well I actually have Paris Prime. but I doubt that makes a difference.

I despise using the Lanka. I would have loved to use the Snipertron Vandal but I missed the event.

The Lanka is just wonky and quite an ineffective sniper. 

Even the Vulkar is better than the Lanka when it comes to sniping. Lanka just has better stats and reload.

I cannot use a weapon that forced me to block just to cancel a shot and has a dreadfully long charge time when it's supposed to be a sniper.

I'd rather use Paris Prime and stick to it's complications.

Hang on, when did 0.7895 to 0.9375 seconds of charge time become unbearably long? For the damage per shot, I'm pretty sure that's well worth the wait. This gives balance to the Lanka, which is an effective sniper (not versatile though).

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Hang on, when did 0.7895 to 0.9375 seconds of charge time unbearably long? For the damage per shot, I'm pretty sure that's well worth the wait. This gives balance to the Lanka, which is an effective sniper (not versatile though).

Well worth the wait?

More like well worth the missed opportunity.

The charge time can easily make you lose the opportunity to make the shot whereas if you had a Snipertron Variant or a Vulkar you could have clicked, had them dead and move on to the next target.

Sniping is all about timing, if you have to wait even 0.78 of a second you can lose the target.

In Warframe it is no different.

Edited by Anarties

Well worth the wait?

More like well worth the missed opportunity.

The charge time can easily make you lose the opportunity to make the shot whereas if you had a Snipertron Variant or a Vulkar you could have clicked, had them dead and move on to the next target.

Sniping is all about timing, if you have to wait even 0.78 of a second you can lose the target.

In Warframe it is no different.

I reiterate, the role of the Lanka is to to eliminate the target(s) in one shot. Would you please explain what are these missed opportunities when the Lanka isn't a versatile weapon that fits its given role perfectly?

I reiterate, the role of the Lanka is to to eliminate the target(s) in one shot. Would you please explain what are these missed opportunities when the Lanka isn't a versatile weapon that fits its given role perfectly?

The Lanka was made to be a Corpus Sniper.

That being said it fails miserably at doing sniping.

The Lanka was made to be a Corpus Sniper.

That being said it fails miserably at doing sniping.

The Lanka was meant to replace the Snipetron as the current Corpus sniper. It does not fail miserably at sniping. You continue to confuse the lack of versatility with the lack of effectiveness/efficiency.