Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blowing up the Corpus ship

DrakeWurrum

So I have a question... in the "Voltaile" mission type, where you have to mess with the reactor and then blow up the ship from your Railjack?

Why do we work so hard to keep the reactor from overloading? Aren't we trying to blow it up?

I haven't let it just overheat to see what happens yet.

I honestly think it does make sense.

From what I can infer, you're priming the reactors to detonate them remotely as opposed to blowing everything to high heaven while you're still onboard.

While there is a timer when it overheats, it's exceedingly short, so you can't run to an exit in time.  Railjack recall is disabled due to 'interference', and you can't just set the reactor and leave it from the get-go because the engineers will fix it.

7 minutes ago, FlashExe said:

I honestly think it does make sense.

From what I can infer, you're priming the reactors to detonate them remotely as opposed to blowing everything to high heaven while you're still onboard.

While there is a timer when it overheats, it's exceedingly short, so you can't run to an exit in time.  Railjack recall is disabled due to 'interference', and you can't just set the reactor and leave it from the get-go because the engineers will fix it.

Probably the best way to make sense of it, and yet this is sort of exactly what we do for reactor sabotages with ample time to escape, which also takes place on grineer/corpus ships.  Personally, I miss when there was an actual timer displayed, and hazards were actually kind of a threat to give that sense of urgency.

Archived