Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RJ "Return to Dojo" makes things worse (or it's broken)

HunterDigi

Context: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1255521-corpus-proxima-the-new-railjack-hotfix-29105 /

Railjack Pause menu now offers a "Return to Dojo" option that returns you to the Dry Dock instead of "Abort Mission" which would rudely kick you straight back to your Orbiter.

This sounds great, but in reality it's only available for host and it works during mission too, which means host can force everyone to abort mid-mission, instead of triggering a host migration.

So just now I was hosting, RJ got really bugged, someone managed to fly it out of bounds and we couldn't move it to finish the "destroy ship weakpoints" final thing, so I wanted to abort so they can migrate and hopefully fix it, but instead I had the "Return to Dojo" option which brought everyone with me to the dojo... not great at all.

A reminder of what the common issues with RJ (linked my comment):

The addition of voting alone is not enough, people will just force their vote onto everyone and it's the same as before.

If you press [X] twice (to decline and cancel vote) you'll get kicked to orbiter with "Lost connection"...

And if you're host you have a high chance of not even seeing top-left of the HUD.

Open worlds and endless missions have an extraction point to get out on your own. Railjack needs the same. It really needs a "return to orbiter" in-game station a player can activate - not just some menu option. Ideally, it's some airlock/console on the bridge.

That way, it's easy to activate without digging around a menu and by making it active/inactive, it's very clear to the player when it's safe to use - and ties into RJ's theme of "in-world actions" over menus/loading screens: you hop into your landing craft to leave the crew.

Archived