Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestions for a reworked relic and fissure mission system.

First I'd like to state I've been playing since tower days(on pc, unfortunatley lost the log in info and no longer own a pc)and I prefer the relic system but it could use some changes:

1. Make all of the fissure missions have the same spawn rate of enemies as Steel Path without the Steel Path buffs to ensure your relic can be opened before the objective is completed in missions such as excavation or interception etc.

2. Reduce the chance for common parts from radiant relics/increase the chance for rare parts.(again, by maybe 2.5-5%. Possibly add a "base ammount" of void traces from relics I.E 10 for any tier of relic)

If you would like to add anything please do, If I got something wrong let me know. Thank you for your time, Tenno.

P.S: the reason for these suggested changes is I think relics can be better, they havn't received much changes other than UI and a small tweak to drop chances. These changes wouldn't hurt DE anyway, still enough RNG for people to buy prime access and prime accessories are only able to be bought. If I'm wrong let me know.

My feedback would be that you didn't mention as to why these changes should be made. Right now it seems just like:"Give me more and better/rarer drops just because." to me. I already disagree with point 3, no matter the reasoning, since defense is the only fissure type I dare to do public. Removing defense would result in reactant collection being annoying in pubs for me. If reactants get changed to for example being shared when collected I'd be neutral on point 3.

Fair point, I didn't see it that way until you pointed it out. The reason for 3 is efficiency, I use survival fissures to grind void traces which I do solo and the others mentioned to open relics in squads. I find the others have annoyingly low reactant drop and can lead to a relic not being opened in time, maybe instead of removing then, make the reactant drop rate the same as extermination?

Now that i see my post as you've said I'm thinking of changing it around. It does give off that vibe

17 minutes ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

My feedback would be that you didn't mention as to why these changes should be made. Right now it seems just like:"Give me more and better drops just because." to me. I already disagree with point 3, no matter the reasoning because defense is the only fissure I dare to run public.

vor 43 Minuten schrieb (PSN)Kiyoshi-Senpai_:

Fair point, I didn't see it that way until you pointed it out. The reason for 3 is efficiency, I use survival fissures to grind void traces which I do solo and the others mentioned to open relics in squads. I find the others have annoyingly low reactant drop and can lead to a relic not being opened in time, maybe instead of removing then, make the reactant drop rate the same as extermination?

Now that i see my post as you've said I'm thinking of changing it around. It does give off that vibe

I understand that it would be more efficient and the rewards would be more frequent and of higher quality in less time all the time since captures and exterminates would always be up. That's why I pointed out what at least seems to be the intent.

Why is it needed to be changed though? That's what I would explain if there are reasons other than that. For example, if you had access to data that showcases that the other mission types aren't run anyways and thus seem redundant to be on the rotation or something along those lines or you could argue that higher tier relics should give more void traces because they are "harder" to get - only really applies to Axis though in my opinion. I'm just spitballing - it's not my argument to make after all.

If your main argument is "more for the same or less investment" I wouldn't expect it to change anytime soon since DE said just on the last dev stream that they think relics are fine and they have no intent to make it more efficient, change it or add new/different option. On top relics are somewhat a part of the monetization system (frustration to stimulate real life money/platinum purchases) which gives DE even more reason not to make it more efficient to get what people want.

Il y a 2 heures, (PSN)Kiyoshi-Senpai_ a dit :

First I'd like to state I've been playing since tower days and I prefer the relic system but it could use some changes:

1. Make all of the fissure missions have the same drop chance for reactant as extermination. 

2. Reduce the chance for common parts from radiant relics/increase the chance for rare parts.(again)

If you would like to add anything please do, If I got something wrong let me know. Thank you for your time, Tenno.

P.S: the reason for these suggested changes is I think relics can be better, they havn't received much changes other than UI and a small tweak to drop chances. These changes wouldn't hurt DE anyway, still enough RNG for people to buy prime access and prime accessories are only able to be bought. If I'm wrong let me know.

I things that for your first point, Extermination have the same drop chance that any other Mission the range is 6-30

And for your second points i'm not okay with that, currently the system is balanced for me

I cool changement for me would be to replace Uncommon forma blueprint by something like 100 or 200 Void traces

My suggestion is to DESTROY the need to group with 3 other people who use the same relic.

I want the ability to pop the relics I want with random squads of people with the same chance as the above method.

If I take a Axi V7 RADIANT relic into a random group of 4 people...... at the end of the mission assuming everyone grabbed 10 reactant...   I get 4 rolls on Axi V7 Radiant.   It doesnt matter what relics anyone else brought, I do not get to pick from theirs.   I only see 4 rewards from Axi V7 Rad.   

This would let people hunt down whatever prime their heart desires without needing to find a stupid group of people wanting the same prime.  Just 3 randoms who are all working on their own prime stuff.  

4 people for the same relic is what KILLS  relic/prime hunting.   

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)AbBaNdOn_:

My suggestion is to DESTROY the need to group with 3 other people who use the same relic.

I want the ability to pop the relics I want with random squads of people with the same chance as the above method.

If I take a Axi V7 RADIANT relic into a random group of 4 people...... at the end of the mission assuming everyone grabbed 10 reactant...   I get 4 rolls on Axi V7 Radiant.   It doesnt matter what relics anyone else brought, I do not get to pick from theirs.   I only see 4 rewards from Axi V7 Rad.   

This would let people hunt down whatever prime their heart desires without needing to find a stupid group of people wanting the same prime.  Just 3 randoms who are all working on their own prime stuff.  

4 people for the same relic is what KILLS  relic/prime hunting.   

This would also mean you'd have to acquire up to 3 less Axi V7 relics but still get to open 4 of them each time. That cuts out a substantial part of relic acquisition time. As mentioned: it's unlikely according to DE that they reduce anything related to relic cracking efficiency if the only positive effect is just that players get stuff they want faster, less annoyingly, more reliably or more.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

This would also mean you'd have to acquire up to 3 less Axi V7 relics but still get to open 4 of them each time. That cuts out a substantial part of relic acquisition time. As mentioned: it's unlikely according to DE that they reduce anything related to relic cracking efficiency if the only positive effect is just that players get stuff they want faster, less annoyingly, more reliably or more.

Its not more or less.    If I am farming a prime relic I get into a group and use ONE relic and get 4 rolls.   This just cuts out the need to find 3 other people who want to do the same relic.  Just 3 randoms.  

vor 4 Stunden schrieb (PSN)AbBaNdOn_:

Its not more or less.    If I am farming a prime relic I get into a group and use ONE relic and get 4 rolls.   This just cuts out the need to find 3 other people who want to do the same relic.  Just 3 randoms.  

Yes, except, as you said yourself, you'd do one run/rotation to open 4 specific relics at once instead of having to do 4 runs/rotations to open each of them AND you don't use up 4 of your specific relic either for that but only 1. Meaning you only had to farm and spend 1 relic instead of 4. That's literally increasing the odds of getting what you want on every single relic if you do a pub with 3 people who use a different one. You'd also cut out the time it takes to group with 4 people who want to crack the same relic. How isn't that getting more for less time spent or spending less for the same? If you do it with 4 people who use the same relic 4 of that relic leave the game for 4 rolls. If you could do what you suggested only 1 of these relics would leave the game for 4 rolls.

DE has no plans to make it faster, more efficient, less time consuming, less annoying nor easier nor anything else that makes them sell less PA or makes people spend less plat. Not my opinion but their own very recent one. I'm just telling you there's no way that's going to happen anytime soon for at least some of the reasons I just mentioned and whatever else I might not have thought of like the impact on the economy if you get 4 rolls for spending only 1 radiant vaulted relic for example, rare parts would lose value because they are more likely to get in less time while using less of the relics they are on, snowball effect etc..

At the very very least you would have to spend 4 of that specific relic to get 4 rolls for that to have even some potential to happen.

8 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

This just cuts out the need to find 3 other people who want to do the same relic.  Just 3 randoms.  

- Find 3 people with the same relic.

- Use relic, other guys use some garbage.

- Next round, one other guy uses his same relic, etc..

- 16 rolls from 4 relics and 400 traces, just as mandatory as before.

- DE sees people earning primes too fast, nerfs relic rates.

- Everything sucks now. Thanks for ruining the game.

Archived