Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Mechanics Tweak?

mega_lova_nia

So, i've just got into kuva lich hunting and i've discovered that this game feature is too tedious. First of all, farming the required requiem mods is heavily randomized. Second of all, murmurs are slow to farm. But the most grueling fact of all that i've just discovered is that requiem mods have a lifetime.

It would be great if these mods can last forever. RNG of requiem relics has been not so kind to me, not to mention a lot of void traces are pretty much wasted if the mods run out. It's like farming a prime part that vanishes after a certain period of time. Another extra change that would be pretty great is that if a player has collected all the murmurs they need, why not make it so that they wouldn't have to hunt down thralls anymore to spawn the lich, or at least make their spawn rates faster?

11 minutes ago, mega_lova_nia said:

But the most grueling fact of all that i've just discovered is that requiem mods have a lifetime.

Not so much an expiration date as a usage limit. You can take a break from Kuva Liches for three days or three years, and the mods don't decay. They only break on use

The rest of your post I agree with. Especially on planets that generate small maps like Earth and Venus, the thralls-per-mission is so low that it just makes everything slower

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Not so much an expiration date as a usage limit. You can take a break from Kuva Liches for three days or three years, and the mods don't decay. They only break on use

The rest of your post I agree with. Especially on planets that generate small maps like Earth and Venus, the thralls-per-mission is so low that it just makes everything slower

Well, Those mods are still not worth the re grind imo, not to mention the whack RNG of the requiem relics. It's better to reward the player a bit more by just having them be permanent or add more charges, giving more bang for your buck ya know?

55 minutes ago, mega_lova_nia said:

Well, Those mods are still not worth the re grind imo, not to mention the whack RNG of the requiem relics. It's better to reward the player a bit more by just having them be permanent or add more charges, giving more bang for your buck ya know?

I completely agree.

I absolutely despise the slog that comes with killing Thralls & I especially hate the impermanent nature of Requiem Mods. Aside from the fact that RNG is complete fecal matter, Kuva Relic missions just aren't rewarding in the same sense that normal Relic missions are. Something has to eventually change if Corpus Queenpins are supposed to be meaningful. The Mods might as well become permanent if the the Queenpins operate differently.

(You'd also think that the Necralisk in some capacity could offer an alternative method for the acquisition of Requiem Mods given the lore surrounding the Entrati family, but silly me for looking too deep into the lore.)

Call me a masochist but I'm really fine with this system, while I understand where you're coming from, it sounds way too short, fast and easy for my liking. It's a bit thrilling this way for me, having a bit of RNG, I was never really in a rush to acquire all the weapons anyway xV

And I have like around somewhat 70 liches or more so far. and that's after a bit of time when I stopped doing liches constantly. 

As for the mods, never really found them to be an issue, right now I have 80+ for each requiem relic, and that's after I've burned through a bunch. Sure it can be a bit of a slow start at first, like everything, but after a while you'd naturally stack up those relics to the point that you probably won't even need them. I just casually go to a Tier 5 Fissure Defense or Survival mission sometimes when they pop up and just burn a few relics, mostly for Kuva these days because I have like 4-7+ of each requiem mod by now. 

Ofc at the start I did form parties of the same radiant relic to get the mod I need but after a while, you just do the tier 5 fissure missions and just let the RNG gives u the mods, if it doesnt then hey, 1200 Kuva, most of the times :V

But I suppose it's a hit and miss for some people. 

Archived