Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless exterminate

quxier

In normal exterminate you need to kill N enemies, for example 100.

In endless exterminate every time you kill N (e.g. 100) enemies, next enemies will have higher level (for example +10). You get rewards per N enemies killed.

Reasons:

I want mission without timers. So you can enjoy killing using your powers/weapons however you want. Even it's slow method.

10 hours ago, Artekkor said:

Hm. I mean its basically survival with extra steps

No. With survival you need either use Life Support or kill as many enemies* as you can. If you cannot do it fast enough you fail. With Endless Exterminate you just need to kill. If you either cannot (in reasonable time) kill or die then you should evacuate (same as survival). So it's Survival with less steps.

* you can loot for "Life support modules"

11 hours ago, Artekkor said:

The issue is that extermination maps are usually tunnels where you just kill enemies in the way. Not sure how to handle their constant respawning.

First I'm not sure if the most maps are "corridors'. I recently played Earth & Void and they are not exactly corridors. I don't have any data so I won't argue more.

AS for spawning, Survival manages it. Sure it could be improved but I don't see problems different other than problems of Survival.

В 19.04.2021 в 14:20, quxier сказал:

No. With survival you need either use Life Support or kill as many enemies* as you can. If you cannot do it fast enough you fail. With Endless Exterminate you just need to kill. If you either cannot (in reasonable time) kill or die then you should evacuate (same as survival). So it's Survival with less steps.

* you can loot for "Life support modules"

First I'm not sure if the most maps are "corridors'. I recently played Earth & Void and they are not exactly corridors. I don't have any data so I won't argue more.

AS for spawning, Survival manages it. Sure it could be improved but I don't see problems different other than problems of Survival.

Well yeah, that's why i love extermination missions. They are tunnels usually. You progress through the map naturally while killing enemies that spawn in the way. Its basically a relaxing stroll as opposing to constant camping that eventually happens in any other modes.

Constant random spawning is indeed just survival 2.0 and i don't see much point in that.
What i would prefer more is if after required amount of kills was achieved players reach an extraction point and are given a choice: continue or leave.
And if they choose to stay - the game either generates a new random map, or just forces the players to go through the same map but backwards. Back and fourth, between points A and B, killing spawning enemies. Infinite extermination.

same treatmeant for captures would be nice.

2 minutes ago, Artekkor said:

And if they choose to stay - the game either generates a new random map, or just forces the players to go through the same map but backwards. Back and fourth, between points A and B, killing spawning enemies. Infinite extermination.

There are many ways to do spawns. I've been thinking about WF generating certain points in the map (marked) where enemies' spawn is bigger.

54 минуты назад, quxier сказал:

There are many ways to do spawns. I've been thinking about WF generating certain points in the map (marked) where enemies' spawn is bigger.

So like open world kill-zones? Could work also. "Enemy reinforcement deployed in this area, intercept them".

1 hour ago, Artekkor said:

So like open world kill-zones? Could work also. "Enemy reinforcement deployed in this area, intercept them".

I don't know how most openworld zones works. Ony Fortuna with "big ray from sky" is somehow good. Something like this but less frequent and more enemies. And enemies stays "near" it.

Archived