Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Gradivus Dilemma Has Ended, Tenno

The_Lotus

WARNING. FALLING WALL OF TEXT INBOUND. READ AT OWN RISK. >=D

--------------

RANT

--------------

At the risk of incurring the all-too-freely-given wrath of butthurt ragers, this IS the first time that DE has done something like this. There were new UI elements, new AI presets, (granted these have been a long-standing feature with such abilities as Mind Control and, more recently, Shadows of the Dead, but I digress), an entirely new server-wide event mechanic that very much hinged upon the choices of thousands upon thousands of players from around the world, AND extremely complex balancing issues that needed to be addressed for future content. Sitting there and *@##$ing a fit like a self-entitled little kid will just get people annoyed with you. There are better ways to go about making your point.

For example remember that this is an MMO and, as such, will have new content updates, new mechanics added, and what have you. With this in mind, you could offer feedback as to WHY you don't agree with this reward or that mechanic. Make a list of bullet points, (I love making lists of bullet points =D ), and post it here on the forums. You're a Master, so you're in the Design Council. Chat with your Councilmates while taking a break from missions. What are everyone else's thoughts? Gather a general consensus from your fellow Tenno and offer it up to DE. Just sitting around and whining may get you want SOMETIMES, but it's not going to be winning you any worthwhile friends. Dissent begets dissent, I say.

Now, all that said, let me start that little bandwagon a'going...

--------------

FEEDBACK

--------------

PROS

- It was creative and added much-needed depth to both factions' "main characters".

- It allowed for competition and conflict among players without destroying the sense of community.

- It pulled the players into an actual battle of which WE decided the outcome. The in-game world might not change very much, but it's a step toward future player-driven lore.

- It offered non-paying players the chance to get rare items and/or a lot of cash, depending upon whom they supported.

- It gave a ton of data required to run future, similar events that will be much more refined and balanced.

CONS

- The rewards system caused instability and bias, which was rectified near the end of the event, but not soon enough to prevent the results from being skewed.

- The public win/loss percentages that were given per-node also skewed the event a bit. Why would you fight for the side you picked when they're losing a node that the other side is giving hundreds of thousands of credits/something you need/etc?

- The missions were repetitive and dull after the first run. This wouldn't be so bad if we weren't required to run each mission at least 5 times to get the battlepay. Even shortening it to 3 would have made it a lot better, and changing up the content in each, separate run would have helped a lot with the repetition. Adding mechanics that required more critical thinking would have helped immensely, (the force-field in some of them was a step in the right direction, I feel.)

- The Grineer had several severe and telling advantages over the Corpus. While the Corpus had massively damaging weapons, they were put in the hands of simple Crewmen with shields. If you were to get through they're shields, they died instantly. Armor penetrating weapons, (like Despair), made fighting them far too easy, and the Grineer spawned massive amounts of Heavy Gunners, Scorches, Napalms, and Scorpions that made any Corpus resistance completely inconsequential. I actually ran from one room to another, stood by the door, and just waited on some missions. They cleared out the Corpus with no contest. (Granted, it took about an hour for that one mission, but that's beside the point.)

- The mats dropped in these missions made me cry. Okay, sure, it takes place on Mars, so it makes sense that drops from the original Mars nodes were commonplace. But I got something like 20k Alloy Plates and so much Rubedo that I ran out of S#&$ to build with it. In large-scale events such at these, (especially those that require as much time and dedication as this one did), a larger variety of loot would be VERY much welcomed.

- After crossing over onto the other ship/asteroid, there were huge tiles found on normal missions that had one, MAYBE two enemies in them. I spent more time trying to figure out where those last few enemies were than I did getting to that point, in the first place. After boarding the other ship, there should have been an absolute LOAD of S#&$ to slog through, considering how large these things were. As it was, I kept ending up using up all of my energy using Worm Hole to cross huge, empty expanses of tiles to get to extraction after killing everything. It was annoying and time-consuming. (To be fair, this is a bit of an issue for normal Extermination missions, but those are completely randomly generated, and the event missions should have been planned out and optimized for this.)

--------------

SUGGESTIONS

--------------

- Allow players to select difficulty ratings. As a god-modded, maxed-out Nova with a god-modded, maxed-out Despair, these missions were easy for me to solo. (I had to be careful, since Corpus Flux Rifles can apparently melt glass cannons fairly easily...) I can't count how many runs I did with a god-modded Rhino who ran into a room, Stomped everything, then ran into the next room, stomped everything, rinse and repeat. It got to the point that I would just casually stroll through the carnage left in his wake, nab all the loot, and only use my energy, at all, to cross the aforementioned empty expanses within each ship. If there had been even just three or four difficulty levels to choose from, perhaps with better rewards for the harder levels, it would have made this event a LOT more redeeming and a lot more of a challenge for higher-ranked players. And, if people just wanted the event rewards by supporting one side or the other, then they could just pick an easier difficulty. Having that risk-reward trade-off is always nice, in my opinion.

- Every battlepay reward should be completely interchangeable. Forma vs. Forma is a lot easier to balance than Forma vs. Credits. Some people, (like me), need a TON of money to fund Foundry projects, Dojo builds, etc. But if given the choice between money and a Forma BP, I'm going to lean heavily toward that Forma BP. I can get money easily enough, but Forma BPs are like free candy -- I'd be hard pressed to let it pass me by. I refrained from chasing the Formas that the Corpus gave, however, because I just wanted to get my 100 Grineer victories and go play Final Fantasy XIV. I think that you guys over at DE have already taken this into account, seeing the rewards for the last few nodes of the event, but it still begs to be emphasized.

- Random secondary missions should be thrown in there somewhere, in my opinion. Perhaps once you cross over to the other ship, the Lotus notices that there are a LOT more enemies than she first thought. Or maybe there are secret, valuable datamasses on that ship that would benefit the cause. Or, my personal favorite, perhaps an flawed, Tenno-free prototype of Alad V's pet project is lurking around, having escaped captivity during the chaos of the invasion. Stuff like that would have made these missions not only a lot more interesting, but less monotonous. Throwing in that random element of "if we kill every enemy, is the mission really going to be over?" makes these types of missions more suspenseful and fun.

- This last one goes for the entire rest of the game, frankly, but it only came to my mind during this event's many, many Stalker attacks. We need more rare-spawn entities, like Stalker. What first comes to mind is a Dead Space-styled infection outburst. You're running through a mission when you start noticing that there are small signs of the Infestation in the little nooks and crannies throughout the ship. Suddenly, a Corpus Tech runs into the room, stops dead and an Infested mass bursts out of his back, or something. Suddenly the Corpus are freaking out, this Corpus Tech is spawning Shield Ospreys that only give HIM shields, and he starts infecting the Corpus around him. And there could be other events like that which test a player's ability to adapt and think quickly in the face of such random happenings. Maybe, like I mentioned with the flawed prototype of Alad V's infamous project, some rouge creation of either side gets loose and starts killing everything it sees. Again, this would add replay value to old nodes and offer a very sudden, sporadic change to what would have normally been a boring, simple mission.

That's all I got on this for now. Give me another few hours and I'll think of other, possibly more ridiculous ideas... XD

Cheers!

- 2br02b, 2013

You sire, deserve more ups. Here, take mine.

обьясните где найти части для варфрейма? я купил чертеж некрос и не знаю где искать его голову и т д подскажите

Вообще то ты немного не по адресу...подобную инфу нужно искать на вики. Вот русская http://ru.warframe.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%97%D0%B0%D0%B3%D0%BB%D0%B0%D0%B2%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F_%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0   а вот http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki английская...здесь инфа свежее и вернее...В частности вот страница где рассказывается все про некроса http://ru.warframe.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%9D%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81

I would just like to say Thank you DE.

Personally I enjoyed this event and although it was a week long I only just managed to get 103 points.  I’m not suggesting it should have been longer but I think people with commitments may have struggled to get over a 100 for the big rewards.  This may shock you but I did have to go to work and other real life things myself away from Warframe, terrible I know, Lol.

Things I was really happy about.  I made so much credits I can’t believe it, I was almost down to nothing just before the event started and I have more than I ever had now. Resources, I have a lot more now.  For some reason I was having a real problem getting Control Modules and had to make a real effort to get a couple.  But now I have over 200 of the things.  I was happy with the rewards in general, I’m not talking about the end event rewards as I’ve not logged in today to find out if I’ve got them yet.  Plus as I was making sure I wasn’t using any of my level 30 items, Warfames, weapons etc, so I’ve managed to level up a good few things.

The only problems I real had was with lag, which makes me worry a little about the PS4/PC playing together thing, but that’s a different post.

The problems I had I’ve put down to lag and so many people playing, which is completely understandable and is going to happen.  There was times when I was running around and everyone seemed to be shooting but I couldn’t see what they where shooting at, so I would end up randomly shooting.  Of course the issue with this was at the end of that particular mission when the summery is shown and the % of damage I’ve done shows zero it doesn’t look good for me.  So for anyone who was fighting along side me and you thought I wasn’t taking part, all I can say is sorry but I was trying.  There were times the sound went funny or vanished completely.  There were other things but its pointless listing them all.  I have a top end Alienware laptop only a few months old so I’m confident I wasn’t struggling with hardware and my broadband is pretty good.

Anyway I just wanted to put my pennies worth in and share my experience of the event.

p.s I would just like to add one last thing; I think the event should have finished 12 Midnight and not 12 Midday.  Like myself I’m sure there were many people who wanted to put in those last few hours after they came home from work.  Just saying!!!

The issue here is that we, players, didnt lose the event. Those who lose were the Corpus, not the Tenno. We just acted as mercenaries.

Still there are trolls saying that we have lose the event, like there was a competition. They are laughing at us in region chat, calling us "losers", like we were Corpus crewmen, not Tenno warriors.

Solution is one and only one: put the Sacrifice badge and requires it for Void missions. Start the alienation right now. Lets have lots of grieving, if that is what the score-obsessed trolls want.

I already put two players on ignore list, something I never did before.

Y'know, if the grineer had lost, i'd bet the supporters laughing right now would be whining instead.

The behaviour of the community during this event has just been terrible.

Well some people are stupid, ya know... not all of us are intelligent human beings. You just have to deal with this. If not... don`t read the chat. It works for me.

Edited by Karela2

Tenno,

We must return to our stated goal of bringing balance to the solar system.

The Lotus

Balance, Lotus? Balance is not my aim. Destroying all Grineer and all who oppose the Tenno is. I pilot a Warframe, not a balanceframe. I am very disappointed by this. Very disappointed.

-A disgruntled Tenno.

this event is the worst from all.

Wtf DE there are no rewards for corpus supporters and it was the single event to not have extra time.

And doing 100 missions for t3 rewards is hard,not all have so much time for this,im really disappointed.

+it was to repetitive I got bored. :(

Edited by Skullsword

You took an unranked weapon to a place where the lowest level is level 14, halfway to max, and were disappointed about the results?

I've taken all of my unranked weapons there and am usually able to get them up to (or close to) rank 2 at the close of a mission.

где  чертёш детрона

Тут кагбэ уже 50 страниц идет вайн на счет того что если побеждают гренир (как и случилось по вине разработчиков) то все получают эквипу грениров...в независимости за кого воевал...грустьпечаль