Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PSN)Brandito9215

Question

For starters, I'm not an overly active Trade Chat participant, but I've browsed more than enough to know a scam when I see one. Sure platinum is one of the most sought after items on Warframe, but it's not worth selling your prime parts for 1-3 platinum per piece. 

Honestly, all "Uncommon" and "Rare" pieces have a higher value as Ducats than 1-3 platinum (with the "Common" value pieces I think its dealers choice.) Baro Ts items cant be bought from the market w/ platinum, so players are forced to disassemble their prime parts in exchange for ducats. And I've seen people sell an item from Baros Bazaar (costs 100,000 credits and 100 ducats) for up to 50 platinum, that's a 49 platinum come up for them, because you just wanted to get rid of stuff. So really, don't sell your "Rare" relic drops for anything shy of at LEAST 5-10 platinum. 

I get that it's your choice, and that "you can do whatever you want", and in most cases I wouldn't even bother. But drastically underselling prime parts is a big part of the reason the Warframe Trade is a joke. And makes it harder for those of us who actually want something in return for our efforts. 

In conclusion, if you want to sell your excess prime parts, either: wait till 3-4 days before Baro visits. People will pay more knowing they're about to need Ducats. Wait till the Vault rotation changes and they become in higher demand again. (There's always new people joining too) Or just wait till you have the entire set. If you lack the patience to get the items by playing the game, or just really want platinum that badly, then you're kind of missing the point of this game. 

Someone tell me I'm wrong.

I'm with the OP. There is no such thing as prime 'junk'. If you're new you'll need all the pieces you can get to make the actual set and if you have spares you'll need it for the ducats to buy the stuff from Baro. There is NO junk. The only ones using the term prime 'junk' are those that want to take advantage of casual or new player.

Now if you're desperate for plat then at least you should get a fair price for it. A couple of plat a piece, no matter common or not, isn't a fair price and you all know it. Besides, if you have the plat to buy prime parts from other players you should have enough plat to pay decent prices instead of stiffing everyone because you're stingy.

I'll go even a step further, if you are an active buyer of prime 'junk' at 1 or 2p a piece then you are part of the problem. PERIOD.

As proof I put to you that those prime 'junk' buyers will be the first to 'complain' about someone asking 5p for an Ignis Wraith which Baro sells for 250K creds and 550 Ducats. Now how many of those WTB prime 'junk' will have ever bought a stock pile of Baro weapons and give them away in exchange for an 'ammo drum mod' (= for free) ? HELLO, prime junk/2p buyers that are self proclaiming not scamming players, care to answer that one?

Why is it wrong for someone selling a clan specific BP (which that clan had to put the effort for in) for 5p but it isn't for you asking 60p for a Baro only weapon even if lots of those weapons are MR fodder where as the Ignis Wraith is the most popular primary weapon and the most used weapon by high MR's? I'm not saying that selling a Baro only weapon for 60p, or whatever the going rate is for a particular weapon on your platform, is a bad thing but care to explain the lack of logic in your thinking? Ever heard about supply and demand? Or what about what's good for the goose is good for the gander?

As a side note :

As a seller one sets the price. When you enter a store as a customer you don't dictate the price but in trade I see too many entitled people thinking that as buyer they can set the price. The lack of economical sense is frightening. You can haggle but in the end the seller has the goods you want and it's his choice if he wants to adjust his price or not. The most comical are those that go full Karen : "it's not worth that because no one wants it" being said by the person that put a WTB up for the item just a minute ago because he saw a youtube raving about it or because there's lots of people in trade asking for it.

In other words, too all that don't know better: Ignore WTB's that under price the items that they want to buy, be it ayatans, prime parts, syndicate weapons, legendary cores or any mods. See someone WTB legendary core for 40p and when you tell them that price is way too low and he tells you he knows but he already bought half a dozen of them, put him on ignore because you know that soon he'll be trying to sell them for 6x his buying price. Prime parts 2p ? Ignore. Syndicate weapons/mods 2p? ignore. Rare mods (with a drop rate of less then 1%) 5p, ignore. Anasa ayatan filled 2p? ignore. Vaulted frame 30p? Ignore. Don't worry about it. They would never give you a fair price no matter if you were buying or selling.

The only reason they still exist is because too many times there are people that fall for their predatory practices. It's the same reason that 419 scams are still a thing in RL namely too many times some one falls for it.

By the way, I never bought the prime chamber mod from Baro  not because it was too rich for my blood but frankly the usage is so very limited and only comes to it's own in a sniper rifle that I frankly didn't find it worth the bother. In other words, it's about as much use in everyday play to 99.9% of players as is 'peculiar bloom'.

Archived