Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PSN)Brandito9215

Question

For starters, I'm not an overly active Trade Chat participant, but I've browsed more than enough to know a scam when I see one. Sure platinum is one of the most sought after items on Warframe, but it's not worth selling your prime parts for 1-3 platinum per piece. 

Honestly, all "Uncommon" and "Rare" pieces have a higher value as Ducats than 1-3 platinum (with the "Common" value pieces I think its dealers choice.) Baro Ts items cant be bought from the market w/ platinum, so players are forced to disassemble their prime parts in exchange for ducats. And I've seen people sell an item from Baros Bazaar (costs 100,000 credits and 100 ducats) for up to 50 platinum, that's a 49 platinum come up for them, because you just wanted to get rid of stuff. So really, don't sell your "Rare" relic drops for anything shy of at LEAST 5-10 platinum. 

I get that it's your choice, and that "you can do whatever you want", and in most cases I wouldn't even bother. But drastically underselling prime parts is a big part of the reason the Warframe Trade is a joke. And makes it harder for those of us who actually want something in return for our efforts. 

In conclusion, if you want to sell your excess prime parts, either: wait till 3-4 days before Baro visits. People will pay more knowing they're about to need Ducats. Wait till the Vault rotation changes and they become in higher demand again. (There's always new people joining too) Or just wait till you have the entire set. If you lack the patience to get the items by playing the game, or just really want platinum that badly, then you're kind of missing the point of this game. 

Someone tell me I'm wrong.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Brandito9215 said:

Honestly, all "Uncommon" and "Rare" pieces have a higher value as Ducats than 1-3 platinum

With the high number of uncommon items it's easy to get 45 ducat items for 2p at max. So why should I pay more when people throw away their stuff like this? 

You won't come far with common sense. People will not understand. They see they can be cheaper than someone else and so they go with it.

I have to turn down people who want to sell stuff to me because I get like 50 offers per hours and cannot accept every trade.

I'm not sure "scam" means the same thing to you as it does to me.

Warframe's trade economy is completely based on supply+demand. If players are willing to fork over high prices for this stuff then that's their problem. It doesn't mean they have been scammed.

Just because you can connect your ideas logically does not mean anyone has done anything wrong or there is a problem with the system. The devs have said multiple times that they do not want to develop a dedicated trade system within Warframe and that they're content with the current system; one that has both high price low value items and low price high value items. 

yeah, difference between making a bad trade and a scam.  A scam is more like a bait and switch where you don't actually get what you pay for.  Getting ripped off does not necessarily mean scam.  Not that I'm condoning either, but words matter.  (Also I think there are eula/code of conduct rules about actual scams.)

But yeah, fair PSA.  However, the people most likely to need it are the ones least likely to read it.

Yes, when someone says "wtb 100 ducat parts for 5p ea" they're hoping they get someone new or inexperienced to give them rare parts for 5p. 

If someone has like 25 zhuge prime barrels thats great, but that's not everyone. 

I've still never sold prime parts for plat, because it's silly when I can sell a full set for 40 to 100p. 

I sold an Ash Prime system for 60p, now imagine if I didn't know any better and sold it for 5.....

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I'm not sure "scam" means the same thing to you as it does to me.

Warframe's trade economy is completely based on supply+demand. If players are willing to fork over high prices for this stuff then that's their problem. It doesn't mean they have been scammed.

Just because you can connect your ideas logically does not mean anyone has done anything wrong or there is a problem with the system. The devs have said multiple times that they do not want to develop a dedicated trade system within Warframe and that they're content with the current system; one that has both high price low value items and low price high value items. 

Yeah, scam was the wrong word. But if every newish player only sees "WTB prime junk for 1p each"... Because somebody who has experience wants to play off of their inexperience. Either way it's messed up. But I have a feeling you're no stranger to this method, so I appreciate your input.

Id like to note that this isnt a complaint letter to DE, and no one said THEY needed to change anything. But yeah bro, in regards to your last sentence, show me one time Loki Prime anything sold for under 10p.....yeah.

Don't buy/sell for 1p then. I don't get what this is about. If someone else undercuts your 20p Lex Prime set by selling the parts for 1p each it's tough luck. Don't get me wrong, it irks me too every now and then, but free market blablabla. It's not going to change either. There you go.

Would I do it? No. Would I recommend it? No, but if you're desperate or impatient you wont listen anyways. Can others who are more desperate for plat than me or value their own efforts and time less than me do it? Yes.

The topic seems kinda insignificant to me aside from potentially letting a few people who stumble over this thread and aren't aware know that it's generally considered a "bad" sell.

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

In most cases yes but I’ve seen people selling ignis wrath for a good amount of plat when you can get it from a clan or baro

14 minutes ago, (XBOX)UnknownSniper37 said:

In most cases yes but I’ve seen people selling ignis wrath for a good amount of plat when you can get it from a clan or baro

That's not exactly the same thing as what the TC described with prime junk. I would argue what you're talking about is actually closer to a scam. 

15 minutes ago, (XBOX)UnknownSniper37 said:

Selling Ignis wraith for plat is a scam and DE should just add it to all dojos to remove that scam from the game.

37 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Selling Ignis wraith for plat is a scam and DE should just add it to all dojos to remove that scam from the game.

yea I have no idea why they have such an issue with the idea of adding it to dojos that don't have it. The winning clans for that event have had their time with it. Just give it to the rest of us already and make it not tradeable. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

Don't buy/sell for 1p then. I don't get what this is about. If someone else undercuts your 20p Lex Prime set by selling the parts for 1p each it's tough luck. Don't get me wrong, it irks me too every now and then, but free market blablabla. It's not going to change either. There you go.

Would I do it? No. Can others who are more desperate for plat than me or value their own efforts and time less than me do it? Yes.

The topic seems kinda insignificant to me aside from potentially letting a few people who stumble over this thread and aren't aware know that it's generally considered a "bad" sell.

It sounds like you do get what this thread is about... And yeah I can see how it would seem insignificant to anyone who's been playing for a while. And I would hope that anyone who's been playing a while has kinda put 2 and 2 together. 

Let's not forget about the newcomers, ok?

3 minutes ago, (PSN)kite9000 said:

Now if you're desperate for plat then at least you should get a fair price for it. A couple of plat a piece, no matter common or not, isn't a fair price and you all know it. Besides, if you have the plat to buy prime parts from other players you should have enough plat to pay decent prices instead of stiffing everyone because you're stingy.

I'll go even a step further, if you are an active buyer of prime 'junk' at 1 or 2p a piece then you are part of the problem. PERIOD.

Imagine DE introduces an auction house like so many people want to. Nothing will be worth more than 5 to 10plat because everyone wants to sell stuff and if you aren't top 3 in the list you probably won't get picked.

Like said so many times. Free marketDemand and Supply. New stuff - high price. lots of copies - no value

vor einer Stunde schrieb -CdG-Zilchy:

B-but DE respects muh investment! Seriously though, after what they did with Primed Chamber DE should never ever talk about respecting people's investments again - including the Ignis Wraith. Imagine you bought P Chamber for 5 to 6 digits worth of plat the day before they put it on Baro. The only reason this was easy to ignore was because almost noone had it prior to complain about it.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Brandito9215 said:

If you lack the patience to get the items by playing the game, or just really want platinum that badly, then you're kind of missing the point of this game.

Huh? I've sold some junks on my early days to get some slots. Not because I didn't know any better. But because I want slots at the time pronto and I have no means to scrape some plats other than selling prime dupes that I had no use of. So for that reason I missed the point of this game? Also, not everyone has the time to collect the set to sell for a higher price or sit for hours just to get some extra plats out of "X Prime Barrel" when there is no online buyers on warframe.market.

58 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

With the high number of uncommon items it's easy to get 45 ducat items for 2p at max. So why should I pay more when people throw away their stuff like this? 

You won't come far with common sense. People will not understand. They see they can be cheaper than someone else and so they go with it.

I have to turn down people who want to sell stuff to me because I get like 50 offers per hours and cannot accept every trade.

Nothing in my post said that you, or anyone, should have to pay more. I'm agreeing with you on the common sense bit, because I think, when read, it's pretty clear this was directed towards people doing the selling... Not the buying. 

But thank you for your time.

24 minutes ago, acevezwing said:

Huh? I've sold some junks on my early days to get some slots. Not because I didn't know any better. But because I want slots at the time pronto and I have no means to scrape some plats other than selling prime dupes that I had no use of. So for that reason I missed the point of this game? Also, not everyone has the time to collect the set to sell for a higher price or sit for hours just to get some extra plats out of "X Prime Barrel" when there is no online buyers on warframe.market.

Ok....and wouldn't you have preferred to have gotten more platinum for the parts you sold? I don't understand how you're missing the point of what I'm saying. I'm really just saying that 1p is bull for an item that was likely going easily for 30p.  To clarify, I'm not dogging anyone who buys the pieces for 1p, that's a solid score, regardless. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)Deeceem said:

B-but DE respects muh investment! Seriously though, after what they did with Primed Chamber DE should never ever talk about respecting people's investments again - including the Ignis Wraith. Imagine you bought P Chamber for 5 to 6 digits worth of plat the day before they put it on Baro. The only reason this was easy to ignore was because almost noone had it prior to complain about it.

Agreed. There was actually someone in our Clan who did buy Primed Chamber for over 100K plat and he was a bit disappointed. My clan has the Ignis Wraith and I'd be perfectly fine with it being non-exclusive to remove this scam entirely. 

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

yea I have no idea why they have such an issue with the idea of adding it to dojos that don't have it. The winning clans for that event have had their time with it. Just give it to the rest of us already and make it not tradeable. 

We've had it for ages, it's not really that exclusive lol. I always have 500 bps of it on hand incase a new clan member needs one or I see a scammer trying to make plat out of it.

18 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Agreed. There was actually someone in our Clan who did buy Primed Chamber for over 100K plat and he was a bit disappointed. My clan has the Ignis Wraith and I'd be perfectly fine with it being non-exclusive to remove this scam entirely. 

I feel for your buddy's loss on the primed chamber but DE never said it wasn't coming back. Also, if your friend is willing to spend 100K plat on anything then I am more confused by how anyone could think anything is worth that much....

I mean... it is just so much plat... it seems insane to me to spend that much on anything. But hey, I think spending more than 1K on a riven is incredibly stupid so I'm probably not of the appropriate mindset to understand how someone can do this...

6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I feel for your buddy's loss on the primed chamber but DE never said it wasn't coming back. Also, if your friend is willing to spend 100K plat on anything then I am more confused by how anyone could think anything is worth that much....

I mean... it is just so much plat... it seems insane to me to spend that much on anything. But hey, I think spending more than 1K on a riven is incredibly stupid so I'm probably not of the appropriate mindset to understand how someone can do this...

I think he did it for completion, pretty sure he's over the disappointment lol. Plenty more plat where that came from.

44 minutes ago, (PSN)Brandito9215 said:

Ok....and wouldn't you have preferred to have gotten more platinum for the parts you sold?

And if I need it at that exact time? The choice is ultimately on the players hand. Who are you to judge? It's fine giving advice and warnings. But to dictate and said something like "you are missing the point of the game" on trading?

The line is clear. If you really need some plats right there right now, go ahead. But if you don't really need it and don't mind investing time to increase the value of your prime junk, keep it.

20 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I think he did it for completion, pretty sure he's over the disappointment lol. Plenty more plat where that came from.

Yeah. For some reason I felt more pain than a friend of a friend of a friend that actually bought them before Baro dropped the S#&$.

Archived