Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make An Option To have Nikana unsheathed

(PSN)TECHNOMANCER-GJ

I can agree with this although the sheath is part oft he weapon for a very good reason as the stances are based on Iaijutsu.

What's that? Well iaijutsu is the Japanese sword art/style of 'Attacking from the sheath' namely that many of it's techniques are literally to draw from the sheath.

So removing the sheath is not entirely a great idea. But to have a preview that shows the sheath on hip and sword in hand so you can see the skin would be a possible Idea I think.

On 2021-04-30 at 2:59 PM, GraveSpectre said:

I can agree with this although the sheath is part oft he weapon for a very good reason as the stances are based on Iaijutsu.

This is truly a fascinating part of Japanese History.... You get the impression they took this stuff way more seriously than other cultures did so much they dedicated an entire Theory and Practice for a single aspect of Duelling.... That plus it makes for great Anime Archetypes. 😛

On 2021-04-30 at 2:59 PM, GraveSpectre said:

So removing the sheath is not entirely a great idea. But to have a preview that shows the sheath on hip and sword in hand so you can see the skin would be a possible Idea I think.

I pretty much agree for the same reasons...

It has to be there.... I suppose one thing they could do is have better detailed Sheaths and Hilts...

2021/4/30 PM8点59分 , GraveSpectre 说:

What's that? Well iaijutsu is the Japanese sword art/style of 'Attacking from the sheath' namely that many of it's techniques are literally to draw from the sheath.

But there are Japanese sword style that doesn't attack from sheath, right?

14 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

There are, like Kendo that focuses on always having both hands on the sword. Or kenjutsu for more mixed stylings.
If we're talking Kendo then i think the two handed Nikana deal more in that vein. But the standard Nikanas are very much Iaijutsu focused.

Why not make alterations to the stance mods for the sake of making each stance more unique?

It seems like the perfect compromise to me. Tranquil Cleave could continue to focus on Iaijutsu & Decisive Judgment could focus on Kenjutsu. Blind Justice already emphasizes the reverse grip style.

To be honest, stance mod animations could use a major upgrade, maybe even more realistic mo-cap as to truly capture real world fighting stances. Enough of that floaty, spinning junk that moves you halfway across a room, I wanna throw a pommel at the enemy already! I've also played enough Soul Calibur to know that Mitsurugi's style is one of my favorites in any game, and I'd love to see that adopted into a Nikana stance.

1小时前 , GraveSpectre 说:

There are, like Kendo that focuses on always having both hands on the sword. Or kenjutsu for more mixed stylings.
If we're talking Kendo then i think the two handed Nikana deal more in that vein. But the standard Nikanas are very much Iaijutsu focused.

What about Decisive Judgement stance? Most of its moves are two handed except for Windless Cuts. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the Nikana un-sheathed?

4 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

What about Decisive Judgement stance? Most of its moves are two handed except for Windless Cuts. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the Nikana un-sheathed?

I uh, haven't used that stance much..... Haven't been much of a nikana person really, until the two handers came in. I LOVE the pennant so much.

5 hours ago, yles9056 said:

Ofcourse.... Iajutsu would be less practical for those who keep their Swords on their Backs or for those who Wield Odachi Class Weapons....

Atleast that's my theory... 😛

Archived