Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A thought about Duviri Paradox design

SampleText_vich

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

I don't blame you guys, and perfectly understand where you're coming. to stop and smell the roses every once in a while. 

But seriously now... DE has done a lot of stupid S#&$s in warframe's lifetime, but sidelining bullet jumping will be their worst mistake ever.

Bullet jumping has gave players sense of empowerment never seen before in videogames. You don't need to acquire it, you're born with one of the most powerful aspect of a warframe. And it has define warframe as a videogame.

If you think I'm wrong, just look at people who likes necramechs. They got sidelined because people just want more warframe. Or people who likes railjack. It becomes taxi because people just want more warframe. Archwings? They're merely transport now because people just want to spend time in their warframes. Kdrives? they said "lol we're better off bullet jumping, thank you".

I get where you guys are coming from. But even if you're right and at one point duviri was planned to be an old style combat, by now DE must've realized that it's impossible to take off the core warframe from this game, which involves bullet jumping as a huge part of it.

Yes, bulletjump is a horrible disease that hurts game mechanics you listed above.

1 hour ago, SampleText_vich said:

Yes, bulletjump is a horrible disease that hurts game mechanics you listed above.

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that is an incredibly, marvelously, outrageously brave thing to say around these parts. You remember that movie, die hard 2? when bruce willis go to harlem wearing a sign saying something? I'd put it on the same threat level if not even worse.

If you're ever feeling brave, just try making a new thread using that sentence in your reply as the title. Explain as much and put as many logical arguments as you want. People will still rip multiple new holes for you in places you don't know can have holes, I'd be surprised if you even want to play warframe for another day. I mean, I've seen people getting absolutely massacred for saying less... unpopular, opinions.

In a matter of act, I'm not even sure if i want to have a record of me saying that thing. you have 11 community reputation points, mate. You have your whole future ahead of you. Don't do this.

42 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying that is an incredibly, marvelously, outrageously brave thing to say around these parts. You remember that movie, die hard 2? when bruce willis go to harlem wearing a sign saying something? I'd put it on the same threat level if not even worse.

If you're ever feeling brave, just try making a new thread using that sentence in your reply as the title. Explain as much and put as many logical arguments as you want. People will still rip multiple new holes for you in places you don't know can have holes, I'd be surprised if you even want to play warframe for another day. I mean, I've seen people getting absolutely massacred for saying less... unpopular, opinions.

In a matter of act, I'm not even sure if i want to have a record of me saying that thing. you have 11 community reputation points, mate. You have your whole future ahead of you. Don't do this.

I will stand for alternative opinions no matter what 

🤔 I’m pretty fine with bulletjumping being stripped out entirely and drop rates being adjusted accordingly.

But what if an alternative is that bulletjumping can only be done from a wall latch? It’s strength as a “Skip content” button combo would be weakened, I reckon. And it would make environments more of a consideration for players, since a player would need a wall to jump off of. Might feel pretty cool, too.

edit: Out of need to have walls to latch onto and comfortably jump off, I’d expect this altered bulletjumping to find use in the more open areas where a player would normally be looking for ways to zip around. The narrow corridors would still be cramped and zipping through them would be harder, and thus provide a stronger contrast between corridor and open area

I’m gonna test and see how it feels

Archived