Jump to content
  • 0

What is the meaning of the table under the heading "Possible Combinations" on the wiki page about Damage?


KUNGFUJEDIMASTER24

Question

Greetings and salutations Tennos!! I just need to clarify and confirm the design layout of the table. It is located under main heading number 3 "Damage Types" in section 3.3 "Secondary Elemental Damage" under the sub topic 3.3.2 "Possible Combinations". For example, there are tick marks at intersection positions of 3rd row with Type 1 entity of Heat with Type 2 Corrosive, Magnetic and Viral at 6th, 8th and 10th column position respectively and 4th row with Type 1 Toxin and Type 2 Blast, Magnetic and Radiation at 5th, 8th and 9th column position respectively. I would be really grateful for your initiative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, KUNGFUJEDIMASTER24 said:

Greetings and salutations Tennos!! I just need to clarify and confirm the design layout of the table. For example, there are tick marks at intersection positions of 3rd row with Type 1 entity of Heat with Type 2 Corrosive, Magnetic and Viral at 6th, 8th and 10th column position respectively and 4th row with Type 1 Toxin and Type 2 Blast, Magnetic and Radiation at 5th, 8th and 9th column position respectively. I would be really grateful for your initiative.

The checkmarks show you which combined elements (e.g., Corrosive, Magnetic, Viral) can be modded with which single elements (e.g., Heat). Heat works with Corrosive, Magnetic, and Viral, because none of those three combinations involves Heat. Heat is not compatible with other combination elements (e.g., Blast), because Heat is part of the combination, and thus any Heat mods will just increase the damage of the combined element (e.g., Blast damage). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Ascarith said:

The checkmarks show you which combined elements (e.g., Corrosive, Magnetic, Viral) can be modded with which single elements (e.g., Heat). Heat works with Corrosive, Magnetic, and Viral, because none of those three combinations involves Heat. Heat is not compatible with other combination elements (e.g., Blast), because Heat is part of the combination, and thus any Heat mods will just increase the damage of the combined element (e.g., Blast damage).

Thank you for the response, brother. So is there a possibility in which you can join Magnetic with Viral or Magnetic with Radiation if it is an innate hybrid secondary elemental damage type when you stack advance 60/60 mods or any special riven?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, KUNGFUJEDIMASTER24 said:

Thank you for the response, brother. So there is no possibility in which you can join Magnetic with Viral or Magnetic with Radiation even if it is an innate hybrid secondary elemental damage type even if you stack advance 60/60 mods or any special riven, right?

If the weapon itself has radiation on it you can do magnetic. Few weapons have inate combo elements however. Even with kuva weapons, where you can make them have inate rad or mag, a single element is usually preferred. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gibsonx said:

If the weapon itself has radiation on it you can do magnetic. Few weapons have inate combo elements however. Even with kuva weapons, where you can make them have inate rad or mag, a single element is usually preferred.

You are actually right my friend; I just tested this possibility on my Arca Plasmor and using 60/60 mods I was able to achieve Magnetic, Radiation and Toxin, so this means you can have 2 secondary elemental damage types and 1 primary elemental damage type, unless you have other damage types on alternate fire modes where you can experiment with more diversity like for example the Hystrix.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Gibsonx said:

If the weapon itself has radiation on it you can do magnetic. Few weapons have inate combo elements however. Even with kuva weapons, where you can make them have inate rad or mag, a single element is usually preferred. 

I think I have Radiation, Magnetic, Heat, and Viral on a Kuva Nukor, and three elements again on the Phantasma. Nukor is better, since the beam auto-tracks extra targets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

I think I have Radiation, Magnetic, Heat, and Viral on a Kuva Nukor, and three elements again on the Phantasma. Nukor is better, since the beam auto-tracks extra targets.

That's right, I went to my Arca Plasmor again and this time got Magnetic, Gas and Radiation on it increasing the total damage to 14546.4. I wonder if there is a weapon that can have all 6 hybrid secondary elemental damage types on primary fire although it would seem unlikely but maybe a weapon that could have at least 4 hybrid secondary elemental damage types on primary, secondary, tertiary and quaternary firing modes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 2021-05-18 at 11:09 PM, UUDDLRLRBA_START said:

I think I have Radiation, Magnetic, Heat, and Viral on a Kuva Nukor, and three elements again on the Phantasma. Nukor is better, since the beam auto-tracks extra targets.

To be clear I didn’t mean you don’t want to mod for several elements on kuva weapons, just the progenitor element wanted is usually heat or toxin. Nukor is the exception where you want mag for more stacking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...