Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

SP survival is too rng dependent IMO

Berzerkules

8 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

It's all rng look at the Khora vs zepher pics I posted in this thread. 

Using Khora with pilfer I had 1777 kills in 10 minutes (2.96 kps) and my life support is at 28%

Using Zephyr I have 797 kills in 10 minutes (1.32kps) and my life support is 99%

Those results are Old aren't they ?

I did a bunch of Steel Path Survival in November and I was at 50-90% For all my Runs.... But I was on Deimos... Not Mot....

Also why are you doing Mot ? Seems kinda pointless....

18 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Those results are Old aren't they ?

I did a bunch of Steel Path Survival in November and I was at 50-90% For all my Runs.... But I was on Deimos... Not Mot....

Also why are you doing Mot ? Seems kinda pointless....

The void tilesets are the best designed tilesets in the game imo. Corrupted is a good mix of all factions too, you get grineer, corpus and infested type enemies. I've been a long time void dweller. It probably started because you get a relic every rotation but now I have more relics than I could ever use, I'm just stuck there. 

Not much has changed. Life support drop rates in SP are still just as rng dependent as they ever were. I can hoover at 80-100% for the first 20 minutes then 2 minutes later get no drops and I'm down to 20%. Nothing changed, I'm still maintaining the same kps ratio but capsules just don't drop.

Or you get totally different results running the same loadout, on the same node, maintaining the same kps ratio. Performance does not determine the outcome rng does. 

3 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

The void tilesets are the best designed tilesets in the game imo. Corrupted is a good mix of all factions too, you get grineer, corpus and infested type enemies. I've been a long time void dweller. It probably started because you get a relic every rotation but now I have more relics than I could ever use, I'm just stuck there. 

Not much has changed. Life support drop rates in SP are still just as rng dependent as they ever were. I can hoover at 80-100% for the first 20 minutes then 2 minutes later get no drops and I'm down to 20%. Nothing changed, I'm still maintaining the same kps ratio but capsules just don't drop.

Or you get totally different results running the same loadout, on the same node, maintaining the same kps ratio. Performance does not determine the outcome rng does. 

That's True....

The Game is Basically playing itself and is merely asking you to keep Spinning The Wheel... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No Agency whatsoever.

13 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

That's True....

The Game is Basically playing itself and is merely asking you to keep Spinning The Wheel... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No Agency whatsoever.

I just want some consistency.

Today I was testing and tweaking several Nyx builds, seeing what builds felt better to play, trying to figure out if I could drop some stat mods for utility. Just messing around like I always do. If I was just going off of life support I would assume having to hit 5 life support towers in 17 minutes was a fail build. Each build had a fairly consistent kps ratio but life support was all over the place. 

I run a lot of long SP survivals. It's amazing how inconsistent life support capsule drop rate is. It's difficult to document because I can't record every time I play, even if I did would DE actually watch it and would it change anything. It's pointless.

• 10 months later...

This still annoys me to no end. 

Right now I'm playing Xaku in SP Mot and in less than 10 minutes with 1200 kills or 2kps I'm at 56% life support. 

What is a reasonable kps ration to maintain so that activating life support towers are not required?

What really irks me is that we now have conjunction survival where thrax drain life support faster than normal, it just doesn't make any sense to add that mechanic when maintaining life support is so rng dependent. 

Anyways, more screenshots....

qu0UAhK.png

r0CPrDG.png

This might be a PC problem only. I have never ran into this problem on SP anywhere, Mot included, unless I am just not killing. Multiple times I have died, enemies have stacked up, no LS on the ground, I got my bearings back and immediately go from 20% ~ 50% LS to 60% ~ 90% and then a constant 99% within the next minute at most and keep it maintained.

Will have to check how much I kill in five minutes next I am online but I can't imagine it's any better than yours on a similar Warframe, especially since for the last few months I have used Xaku primarily for SP. 

Just now, (PSN)FunyFlyBoy said:

This might be a PC problem only. I have never ran into this problem on SP anywhere, Mot included, unless I am just not killing. Multiple times I have died, enemies have stacked up, no LS on the ground, I got my bearings back and immediately go from 20% ~ 50% LS to 60% ~ 90% and then a constant 99% within the next minute at most and keep it maintained.

Will have to check how much I kill in five minutes next I am online but I can't imagine it's any better than yours on a similar Warframe, especially since for the last few months I have used Xaku primarily for SP. 

It's really inconsistent. Most of the time it's no problem keeping up life support. sometimes rng just sucks. 

I've run a lot of solo SP survivals on Mot. Sitting on like 3.6m corrupted kills and I'd say 3m of that is Mot. I can tell when my kps drops, for survival I build to maximize kps where enemy lvl isn't much of a speed bump. I notice it a lot more when I ran stupid long missions. I'd be fine for an hour+ never dipping below ~70% then I'm <20% all of a sudden and have to hit 3 towers in the rooms I'm working. Most of the time that's enough and you can quickly recover, but if your rng doesn't get better you just used all nearby towers and have to traverse the map to hit more a minute or two later. That just compounds your problems because you just messed with spawns and pathing.  

If you run it enough you're bound to just get screwed by rng eventually. It's just frustrating when you know the build works and rng can screw you.

It just makes sense to me to have consistency, like a set amount of kills are required then the next kill a capsule drops. DE could set what they consider to be a reasonable amount of kpm to run a mission. You don't run a spy mission and get 15 seconds to hack a console and the next one is 6 seconds because rng just sucks sometimes. 

I primarily sit in SP Relic Solo Survival because it is the only mission I can play all day during work and not get annoyed when it is interrupted. If I can't do Fissure Survival, I still will do regular Survival since I rather buy Relic Packs from Teshin than deal with the Orb Mothers or other grinds to get specific Relics hunting for Baruuk's skull. 

Archived