Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Burdakka

(PSN)Singularity-X1

It's time DE and players. Time to shred.

Heavy Weapon. Grineer based. Minigun.
Impact based rotary barrel archgun/heavy weapon where it's design focus is saturation, meaning emphasis on volume of fire and sheer intimidation factor. 5-barreled heavy duty gatling gun, & give it a holo-display on the top of the weapon with Grineer text and a bar indicating either ammo count or from idle to full spool. Write in Grineer lettering on the top right side of it "BRRRT". Use Kuva Ayanga's design language is a basic premise for how it looks, yet definitely a lot heavier looking. Hek (ha, see what i did), you can use standard Grineer armor plate for the furniture on this weapon, since that will give it the neat Grineer camo design language, and give you an idea of how heavy this weapon should look. It should look like it can be used as a battering ram or breaching tool from how durable I'm thinking the look should be. Thus, creating this monster of brutality and collateral damage.

With it's positive traits being:

• Holding 500 rounds in it's magazine with a ammo reserve count of 4-5k.

Fire-rate in excess of Prisma Grakata at full spool.

Rounds that have a blast radius of .33meters (mostly for visual effect, hence the very low blast radius).

Weapon detriments are:

• Very inaccurate (Secura Dual Cestra with Magnum Force mod levels of accuracy).

Wind up time before firing (a full second or 1.5 seconds).

At stock fire-rate, takes 2 seconds to reach maximum fire rate.`

Probably Lower damage values than Imperator Vandal (For balancing reasons, entirely up to y'all. Would rather it hit hard in exchange for poor accuracy...).

Can be retrofitted onto Kuva Guardians and possible future grineer style/copied necramechs (you know those are inevitable, they totally fit the grineer design aesthetic for their machinery: clumsy, brutish, massive, well armored, and not the most elegant of robotics) This weapon has to sound like an A-10's gatling cannon!
And since that heavy weapons are a thing now for sure, people can no longer say it doesn't fit into Warframe or any other of those arguments any more that people have been using for years. It's time to unleash the Dakka. 

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Singularity-X1 said:
  • Rounds that have a blast radius of .33meters (mostly for visual effect, hence the very low blast radius).

I was on board until this... 

26 minutes ago, (PSN)Singularity-X1 said:

Very inaccurate (Secura Dual Cestra with Magnum Force mod levels of accuracy).

And also this. 

Just because it shoots fast doesn't mean it would/should be this inaccurate. What's the point of using such a weapon if the default accuracy is as bad as this? Pretty terrible idea IMO.

1 minute ago, Leqesai said:

Just because it shoots fast doesn't mean it would/should be this inaccurate.

Choose one, either Low Accuracy or High Recoil, you have to pick at least one and "Its a game" is no excuse to give a weapon Balance or make it realistic.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

What's the point of using such a weapon if the default accuracy is as bad as this?

Ask the people that have wielded and fired an actual Mini-Gun how accurate the weapon is even when on a support? You shoot more bullets in hopes at least some land on your target, unless you are shooting something really large.

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Choose one, either Low Accuracy or High Recoil, you have to pick at least one and "Its a game" is no excuse to give a weapon Balance or make it realistic.

Ask the people that have wielded and fired an actual Mini-Gun how accurate the weapon is even when on a support? You shoot more bullets in hopes at least some land on your target, unless you are shooting something really large.

All I'm saying is the guns that this thing would be based on "Grakata" are not incredibly inaccurate. So it begs the question, why would a heavy variant all of a sudden be super inaccurate?

Also, real-world miniguns are pretty accurate compared to what the TC suggested. Have you used Dual Cestra with Magnum Force?

?imw=1024&imh=576&ima=fit&impolicy=Lette

Here is a real-world minigun for reference:

I specified Dual Cestra w/ MagForce because it's not horribly inaccurate, just a lot of screen shaking. And you don't want the weapon to be too powerful compared to the other options available lol
So I would rather take an accuracy penalty instead of the weapon system being very slow (fire-rate) or doing absolute minimum damage. It was just an option available for balancing. And since it's a heavy weapon, adding massive amounts of recoil would make less sense overall. 

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I was on board until this... 

And also this. 

Just because it shoots fast doesn't mean it would/should be this inaccurate. What's the point of using such a weapon if the default accuracy is as bad as this? Pretty terrible idea IMO.

Also, what's wrong with the blast radius thingy? It's mostly for visual effect, again, don't want the weapon to be grossly overpowered. We already have grattler and ayanga if you want something genuinely explosive. 

Just now, (PSN)Singularity-X1 said:

Also, what's wrong with the blast radius thingy? It's mostly for visual effect, again, don't want the weapon to be grossly overpowered. We already have grattler and ayanga if you want something genuinely explosive. 

If it is purely visual effect then sure that's fine but a weapon like this even with a small AOE just doesn't make sense given the context of what this weapon is supposed to represent (minigun variant of Grakata).

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

If it is purely visual effect then sure that's fine but a weapon like this even with a small AOE just doesn't make sense given the context of what this weapon is supposed to represent (minigun variant of Grakata).

Not necessarily a minigun version of Grakata. I want a saturation weapon, like literally think of the GAU-8; the A-10 weapon system, but smaller for necramechs and for warframe use. 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Singularity-X1 said:

Not necessarily a minigun version of Grakata. I want a saturation weapon, like literally think of the GAU-8; the A-10 weapon system, but smaller for necramechs and for warframe use. 

Ahh I understand now

Archived