Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Memory Leak in Warframe Windows 10 RTX 3060 Ryzen 7 5800X

Runelea

Hey guys, I've spotted a memory leak in Warframe that's appearing with my combination of hardware. Not sure if anyone else is having the same issues, so reporting in case something about my config helps with locating the source.

Graphics Card & Driver: RTX 3060 ver27.21.14.6259
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X ver10.0.19041.546
RAM: Corsair SK Hynix 8x2GB 1066MHz
Motherboard: PRIME B450-PLUS
Bios Version: 3002
Windows Version: 10.0.19043 Build 19043

Programs running during testing:
- Steam
- Razer Central
- Logitech G Hub
- Paint (needed to take screenshots for self verification)
- File Explorer
- Resource Monitor

Wf has a memory leak but nothing significant in my case.

Did you try turning off all uncessary programs running in the background ?

I only have steam and nahimic(or sometimes corsair ICUE) running on the background and some essential windows processes.

I also end gamebarpresencewriter from the taskbar after I launch the game.

I have 2060 7700k(oc 4.9) and  32gb 3000mhz ddr4 ram.

windows 10 21H1 19043.1055

I've always had gamebar and other xbox items hard killed on my system, same with geforce experience. I ran the test without my web browser or discord as I knew they could be the leak instead, and tested those separately.

Strangely the issue has resolved itself, with Warframe successfully releasing its memory in use after closing the game now. The only change was being out of town for 3 days, nothing on my system has updated versions either. The ONLY difference that may account for any behavioral change would be the humidity, that is honestly the only thing different about the operating condition for the PC.

What was causing me issues previously was that stacking bottleneck of unusable memory if I closed the game and later opened it, it would not free up. Warframe ends up needing a LOT of memory when its been running for quite a while, so I was encountering it when I wanted to long run anything and had music and discord running to chat with friends. There is enough RAM in the system that means such a combo should not crash the game, but it was.

On 2021-07-06 at 2:14 AM, Runelea said:

I've always had gamebar and other xbox items hard killed on my system, same with geforce experience. I ran the test without my web browser or discord as I knew they could be the leak instead, and tested those separately.

Strangely the issue has resolved itself, with Warframe successfully releasing its memory in use after closing the game now. The only change was being out of town for 3 days, nothing on my system has updated versions either. The ONLY difference that may account for any behavioral change would be the humidity, that is honestly the only thing different about the operating condition for the PC.

What was causing me issues previously was that stacking bottleneck of unusable memory if I closed the game and later opened it, it would not free up. Warframe ends up needing a LOT of memory when its been running for quite a while, so I was encountering it when I wanted to long run anything and had music and discord running to chat with friends. There is enough RAM in the system that means such a combo should not crash the game, but it was.

If it happens again, can you let us know what you were doing in Warframe before you started to notice this leak? It's easier for us to track down these types of issues on our end when we know what made them occur. Also, it might be a good idea to see if closing Razer Central makes a difference.

20 hours ago, HurricaneBones said:

Can you please try verifying your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher? This should clean up any missing or corrupt game files. If you're still able to reproduce this with a verified cache, then it would be helpful to know what you did to make it occur. (Were you in a specific mission? Did you encounter a host migration? etc.) 

verify01.png

Le 07/07/2021 à 20:22, [DE]Linkski a dit :

If it happens again, can you let us know what you were doing in Warframe before you started to notice this leak? It's easier for us to track down these types of issues on our end when we know what made them occur. Also, it might be a good idea to see if closing Razer Central makes a difference.

Can you please try verifying your Download Cache via. the Warframe launcher? This should clean up any missing or corrupt game files. If you're still able to reproduce this with a verified cache, then it would be helpful to know what you did to make it occur. (Were you in a specific mission? Did you encounter a host migration? etc.) 

verify01.png

hi there ! thx for answering !

i tried something before reading your reply :

i updated nvidia drivers and it seems it calmed down the memory leak.

i still got unconsistent memory usage between game side count and windows side count (up to 5Go) but no crash tonight.

i will do as u told tomorrow and will update u with results

I've been getting this issue too on my Windows 7 with GTX970. I already verified cache and it didn't change much. The biggest thing I notice is that it takes so long to join missions that i end up entering solo because I get disconnected from my friend, and even when Im in it's with incredibly low fps.

I do notice that restarting the game seems to fix this temporarily before it starts happening again, it seems to mostly happen with railjack missions the most, but other missions seem to be effected too, but it could be because of having entered railjack?

Even turning off the game, Im forced to close it with task manager as it stays open even after having closed the game too.

• 8 months later...

for me it thinks I'm running on Direct X 10.. and i can't even fix said issue currently even tried a software check, emulator check and even running a simulated environment to figure out what WarFrame is doing. 

thus far, I'm running on a emulated AMD Radeon RX 580 series

(not great, I know, I cant make diamonds out of S#&$ especially when the boards are reused and its not even using standard box-cutter languages..)

anyway. kind of stuck now. D.E. needs to remember that the game doesn't need to jump versions every 5 major updates they just need to fix what they currently have set.
the game is rife with bugs under the surface even to this day. they couldn't even pay me $2,000,000.00 USD to spend 5 minutes just pointing out the minor issues that cause open world to shudder for half the graphic's cards they roast on it. even if its basic spacing issues, resource management, and major things like host priority and mid-play ping check.

Not to bash on the Developers, but saying "it needs work" is an understatement. I congratulate them for making it this far; but I don't think even Sony will keep this thing alive that long without major fixes to the base of the game and the very Roots of the scripting for the game to get any less demanding which can encourage game growth especially with this year.

But, that being said;
I'm just a guy siting here with a completely home build OS and cards so I can't speak much on scripting for games..
but what I can say in certain is this.
"it looks like a mess of tangled wires that a monkey on a type writer would make for an instruction manual for dummies"
and needs a few fixes to broaden the access of the game, and at the launcher..
For gods sake add a  simple setting to actually change graphics, don't lock people out of the game cause of their current settings!

Mostly because Dx12 is pretty Trash if you want frames with most Current systems. it's great for the Rich boy, Not the man working.  

Archived