Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Fusion - combine four rivens to one

Zi-Sui

We already have Valence Fusion for kuva weapons to make them really stand out, and that they do. I want to ask, why not allow us to combine four rivens to one, in a similiar fashion as Valence Fusion on kuva weapons and railjack stuff is done? DE learned their lesson and isn't letting us rely purely on RNG with those, so why so with rivens?

What I am suggesting is a concept not set in stone, but a concept which can be altered at the whim and will of forum users and DE alike, altered as much as you like.

Lets say you want a godly riven for Rubico, but don't want to waste all the time on farming kuva when it's such a RNG and you might never get it that way, and paying that 2k+ platinum is a real turnoff for you. Lets say your idea of a godly Rubico riven is MS + CD. With my system, you'd first get four different Rubico rivens, and then reroll them until two or more of them would have ms and two or more of them would have CD, and no other stat would appear there twice.

So you'd have:

• Rubico MS +reloadspeed
  • Rubico MS +firerate
  • Rubico CD +damage
  • Rubico CD +infested

When you'd select those four rivens to be fused together in Riven Fusion, you would get one single Rubico riven and lose three other Rubico rivens, but that single Rubico riven would have:

• Rubico MS + CD

How great is that? Your very own godroll riven for weapon of your choice, yet you'll still need a fair amount of kuva and rivens and most likely platinum to get there, especially if this system was in place, because if it was, it'd be obvious that semi-trash rolls like we have here on the example mostly, would fetch far higher prices when they'd have even one "god stat" in them.

What cannot be disputed, is that this system would motivate players to go after those godroll rivens, because they know there's light at the end of that now long dark tunnel. It's no longer pure RNG, but adulterated, alleviated, more relaxed RNG, yet still enough RNG-y and grindy to warrant godroll rivens to be treated as their name implies, especially on good weapons, or weapons you hold in value.

One argument speaking against this would be, that killing enemies is not the issue in this game, but surviving them, when it comes to end-game. Surviving without certain tricks, at least... so you could say that that speaks against implementing a system like this. But then again, this game is still even now evolving and living its own life, as DE still works on balancing things out as we all know. So perhaps when it's time to add more powerful tanking stuff in future, perhaps DE can consider this too. Or if the nerfstick of melee will hit hard enough and the primary and secondary buffs won't be strong enough to get the damage output on par with our without-tricks -survivability.

And rivens, why should they be only be able to be transmuted like some trash when they're the most powerful mods we have, or are supposed to be at least? The original idea of rivens was to bring weaker weapons up to par with the stronger ones, and I'm not really sure if this kind of system serves that. But I know it can serve that end, in the hands of players who'd want to go through the trouble of messing around with a "weaker" weapon. So I see that as much an argument for than against a system like this.

2 часа назад, Chewarette сказал:

And why MS+CD, and not whichever of the hundreds of combinations available ?

Yeah, feels arbitrary. Needs more mechanics and functions to actually show what you want to keep.

Archived