Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Holokeys and no relics in public void storms

Finnelis

With the introduction of holokeys, DE has put in place a system that strongly incentivize some players to run void storms without picking a relic for the mission and I think that's a problem. 

When I run a public Void Storm / Void Fissure, I expect each other player to pick a relic for the mission so that upon finishing the mission I'll have a chance at 4 different rewards, maximizing my chances to get something good (either in itself or as ducat fodder). Having one or several players not picking up relics for the mission decreases those chances and basically makes the mission bad for anyone who did pick up a relic. 

I understand that under some circumstances one might want to play those missions without staking relics, to farm for void traces, or holokeys. The problem is that those players should not be mixed in the same missions as players looking to open relics (who right now represent the vast majority). Void storm already aren't very popular as a way to open relics, if now you're not even guaranteed to have teammates opening relics of their own, they will be even less so. 

Of course one solution would be to make a group to unsure everyone does pick a relic (or that nobody does) but one of the appeal of warframe is to be able to launch a quick mission without having to spend 10 min looking for a decent group. 

12 minutes ago, Finnelis said:

I understand that under some circumstances one might want to play those missions without staking relics, to farm for void traces, or holokeys

Why wouldn’t someone take relics? The only reason I can think of is them not having relics to use. I spent a while farming Holokeys earlier, and every single person had a relic.

13 minutes ago, Finnelis said:

Of course one solution would be to make a group to unsure everyone does pick a relic (or that nobody does) but one of the appeal of warframe is to be able to launch a quick mission without having to spend 10 min looking for a decent group. 

Public squads are for people that don’t really care about what happens in the mission. If you particularly want everyone in the squad to have a relic you need to recruit. Part of the appeal of public games is that you can pretty much do whatever you like.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Why wouldn’t someone take relics?

Because to maximise your output of Holokeys, you want to do AXI the hardest missions.
You only have so many gold, so when you run out. If you're just farming for keys and don't need anything from the relics.
Then you have two options.
Farm other content for a chance to get relics.
Farm rep for a chance of relic.
Just do the mission and miss out on maybe getting a piece of a item you may or may not want... or ducats.

1 hour ago, DannyGre said:

Just do the mission and miss out on maybe getting a piece of a item you may or may not want... or ducats.

OP stated there was an incentive to not use a relic. I mentioned that we were excluding “having no relics” as this isn’t an incentive. What I wanted to know was what the incentive is.

3 hours ago, krc473 said:

OP stated there was an incentive to not use a relic. I mentioned that we were excluding “having no relics” as this isn’t an incentive. What I wanted to know was what the incentive is.

As DannyGre stated, the incentive is to be able to farm holokeys without having to spend Axi Relics.

I've encountered several squads where one person didn't use a relic, and didn't want to use one when asked. In all those instances, that led to an instant dry dock at the end of the mission. I realize it's not a huge issue, but I do find it annoying. 

26 minutes ago, Finnelis said:

As DannyGre stated, the incentive is to be able to farm holokeys without having to spend Axi Relics.

I guess I was expecting a better reason as the incentive. I might have too many relics to understand. 

7 hours ago, krc473 said:

I might have too many relics to understand. 

Probably, I have countless relics of the other type, but they reward less holokeys (the only reason I'm doing it) So I benefit more personally, just by spamming Axi.

When it comes to breaking relics, it's much more efficient just to smash through 5 capture missions or 3 exterminate in the time it takes you to do one voidstorm.
If You could just keep loading on more and more relics, with the bonuses just getting stacked on and on to make it worth my time i'd do it.
The problem is, right now. Holokeys are not worth the time investment.

Op says we should be put in different groups. I'm fine with that. If I don't equip one party me up with others who haven't.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Finnelis:

With the introduction of holokeys, DE has put in place a system that strongly incentivize some players to run void storms without picking a relic for the mission and I think that's a problem. 

When I run a public Void Storm / Void Fissure, I expect each other player to pick a relic for the mission so that upon finishing the mission I'll have a chance at 4 different rewards, maximizing my chances to get something good (either in itself or as ducat fodder). Having one or several players not picking up relics for the mission decreases those chances and basically makes the mission bad for anyone who did pick up a relic. 

I understand that under some circumstances one might want to play those missions without staking relics, to farm for void traces, or holokeys. The problem is that those players should not be mixed in the same missions as players looking to open relics (who right now represent the vast majority). Void storm already aren't very popular as a way to open relics, if now you're not even guaranteed to have teammates opening relics of their own, they will be even less so. 

the clowns do not belong in the missions!
the option should only be possible for solo!
or who wants to play with any trolls? then you can tolerate afk people straight away.

also: I always get 1-2 keys as a reward! even 1 RAD key. and in the railjack no mr1 people play ........ and later you have so many keys that you cannot open them at all!
if I only play capture without pausing and sleeping, then I would not even be able to open the keys after 3 months.

so much for that!

Am 12.7.2021 um 19:02 schrieb Finnelis:

These bloody holokeys shouldn't be in abysmal RJ missions in the first place. The Railjack Experience is worse than ever thanks to premission objectives and the actual mission. Random crews haven't become any better and while AI crew is best for space combat, you still have to do up to THREE away team objectives in the high zones. You usually spend 15+ mins for 37.5% chance on 5 or 6 corrupted holographics.

I dont have any axi keys im mr 30 got all the primed stuff and will not farm for keys just to play a mission for a reward i dont need.

But on the other hand i always play railjack solo the ai is way smarter that pub teammates....

Also if you play pub games you have no demands over anyone.

Archived