Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incentive for longer runs

Schafusmatus

I always thought its sad, there is no real incentive to continue runs after C-Rotation. Waves get harder and therefore probably longer, so you get less rewards for the same time spent in a mission.

My idea would be to change the rotation after every 4 rounds.
At the moment following reward rotation is used for most missions: "A-A-B-C". Endlessly repeating.
Here is a variant of my suggestion: "A-A-B-C" for the first 4 rounds, then "A-B-B-C" for the next 4 rounds, continuing "A-B-C-C", "B-B-C-C", "B-C-C-C", "C-C-C-C", "C-C-C-C repeating".

Using this variant, there would be optimal ways for farming for different rewards. For A its repeating the first two rounds, like its already the case. For B its getting to round 7. For reward C, the optimal way would probably be "go as far as you can get", which gives a nice incentive to continue runs instead of restarting the mission over and over again. I am looking at you Nidus!

So what do you think of this idea?

The problem with this idea is it overly incentivizes long sessions. As it stands a single session to C rotation is 20 minutes or so. With your idea high end players heavily benefit over lower end players. Meta gameplay would skyrocket and random grouping would become a mess (many people disagreeing with how long to play missions). 

I do agree that it is kind of a bummer that longer sessions don't roll better rewards but at the same time I believe it is the way it is because incentivization of longer gameplay sessions unfairly benefits the high end players (as you said, matches get more difficult the longer they run. Players without appropriate meta builds would not be able to compete while the high end players would effectively farm much more efficiently which would sway the player-driven trade economy heavily away from small timers looking to make some plat).

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Leqesai:

The problem with this idea is it overly incentivizes long sessions. As it stands a single session to C rotation is 20 minutes or so. With your idea high end players heavily benefit over lower end players. Meta gameplay would skyrocket and random grouping would become a mess (many people disagreeing with how long to play missions). 

I do agree that it is kind of a bummer that longer sessions don't roll better rewards but at the same time I believe it is the way it is because incentivization of longer gameplay sessions unfairly benefits the high end players (as you said, matches get more difficult the longer they run. Players without appropriate meta builds would not be able to compete while the high end players would effectively farm much more efficiently which would sway the player-driven trade economy heavily away from small timers looking to make some plat).

We may have quite a different approach on what Warframe as a game is. My idea is meant to improve the gaming experience on a personal level for all players. For me there are no "high end" and "lower end" players, only players who played longer than others. How does the higher benefit for long-time players negatively impact the personal experience of new players which get the same benefits after playing some time?

The only thing you are definitely right about is platinum economics, but here is my objection: Platinum farming is not a part of the game for me and is no requirement for the full warframe experience in my opinion. I never "farmed" Platinum once and still got all the late game builds by simply investing 40€ using a -50% discount for Plat (still cheaper than a new triple A game) to buy warframe and weapon slots, which are the only important things you need, that cant be acquired otherwise. Now my question to you is: should we design the game around the personal experience of playing warframe (having fun with the gameplay), or should we design the game around platinum economics (which isnt even relevant to experience the full game)?

Concerning "Meta gameplay would skyrocket", people that want to play as efficient as possible do that already. People that just want to play casually do that already. I dont think my idea will change the mentality of people as drastic as you describe. And even if it does, when people have fun using meta builds, why do you care? It doesnt impact your personal experience, you can still choose to play whatever you want because the PVE part of Warframe has no competetitive component like any ranking or ladder system (expect for some special events).

Concerning "random grouping would become a mess", isnt that already the case? When I didnt play with friends or clan members, I mostly used the open chat to find groups for a specific purpose like corrupted mods. This is more of a technical issue with the matchmaking, because you cant input the way you want to play the game. Being able to choose how many rounds you intent to go or "as far as possible" would already be quite nice as a change, completely independant of my idea.

Your criticism is reasonable, if we consider Warframe as a competitive market-driven PVE game, though thats just not what Warframe is for me, but maybe I am in the minority with that thought.

Long and short missions should give approximately the same rewards per time invested. Neither should be privileged. I minmax, farm plat, trade rivens, and so on... but I strongly prefer short missions. If anything we should get custom level scaling like the Borderlands 2 OP system, so we can jump right into Lv1000 or whatever.

16 hours ago, Schafusmatus said:

I always thought its sad, there is no real incentive to continue runs after C-Rotation. Waves get harder and therefore probably longer, so you get less rewards for the same time spent in a mission.

My idea would be to change the rotation after every 4 rounds.
At the moment following reward rotation is used for most missions: "A-A-B-C". Endlessly repeating.
Here is a variant of my suggestion: "A-A-B-C" for the first 4 rounds, then "A-B-B-C" for the next 4 rounds, continuing "A-B-C-C", "B-B-C-C", "B-C-C-C", "C-C-C-C", "C-C-C-C repeating".

Using this variant, there would be optimal ways for farming for different rewards. For A its repeating the first two rounds, like its already the case. For B its getting to round 7. For reward C, the optimal way would probably be "go as far as you can get", which gives a nice incentive to continue runs instead of restarting the mission over and over again. I am looking at you Nidus!

So what do you think of this idea?

I would just say to allow us to get multiple rewards as you continue to play, or throw in mini bosses that drop such rewards

Archived