Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[ Suggestion ] Tenet Detron alt fire rework

ArteRefacT

Tenet Detron alt fire is powerful but boring. We already have similar mechanics on Pandero, Kuva Kraken, Twin Grakata with Wild Frenzy.
I want to suggest a new alt fire mode: 
On pressing the alt fire button, Tenet Detron consumes all remaining ammunition in the magazine and launches a large, slow(50-75 m/s ?) single projectile without damage falloff(unlike primary fire) that travels in a straight line and explodes on impact releasing a number(based on number of pellets of the single shot primary fire (10 base)) of small projectiles like frags. 
Imagine it will be like a pocket BFG.
I suggest calculating alt fire explosion damage this way: total_alt_fire_explosion_damage = current_number_of_rounds_in_magazine * total_primary_fire_damage * 0.8
Alt fire projectile direct hit damage equals 150.
Single frag damage is equal to a single primary fire pellet.
Explosion radius is 4 meters with damage falloff starting from 100% of total_alt_fire_explosion_damage at 0 meters and 60% at the end of the radius.
The alt fire projectile direct hit is impact damage and explosion is radiation damage.
The alt fire direct hit has a forced impact proc.
Alt fire projectile direct hit and explosion have increased status chance(28%), critical chance(24%) and critical damage(2.2x).
Each frag has the same status chance, critical chance and critical damage as primary fire pellets.
All values and formulas are for example ofcourse.

16 minutes ago, ArteRefacT said:

that travels in a straight line and explodes on impact releasing a number

Would be better if it had infinite punch through on enemy bodies and dealt constant damage to whatever it comes in contact with.... and could bounce.

EDIT:

nevermind. I was thinking of the Tenet Tetra

Forget giving the Detron an Alt Fire, it doesn't need it.

just make its Gimmick: Innate Thermagnetic Shells

with it being a crit/stat hybrid weapon, there isn't enough mod slots to fit Thermagnetic Shells in like on the Mara Detron. so making it an innate gimmick would even them out.

18 часов назад, Kainosh сказал:

Would be better if it had infinite punch through on enemy bodies and dealt constant damage to whatever it comes in contact with.... and could bounce.

In my mind it sounds like an alt fire for a different gun. Unlimited punch through on enemies is somewhat op in my opinion.

8 часов назад, (PSN)haphazardlynamed сказал:

EDIT:

nevermind. I was thinking of the Tenet Tetra

Forget giving the Detron an Alt Fire, it doesn't need it.

just make its Gimmick: Innate Thermagnetic Shells

with it being a crit/stat hybrid weapon, there isn't enough mod slots to fit Thermagnetic Shells in like on the Mara Detron. so making it an innate gimmick would even them out.

Oh no, I am sure that Tenet Detron needs an alt fire and it needs to be reworked. While your suggested gimmick is really nice and I would like to see DE release both your and my ideas, I think in a such way that if a waepon has two fire modes, both with different advantages and disadvantages it adds more variety for gunplay.

Archived