Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it just me or does warframe hears what you need and the game is like "OH! you need necrathene, well here, have 100 embolos and good luck with that"

mvides22

Question

7 answers to this question

Sometimes it do be like that. But again, when you're only looking for that one particular resource, things will feel like the game can hear you or stuff because you only focus on that 1 resource you're looking for and other rare resources you get feels irrelevant to you, even though it's a rare drop.  I'd say don't put too much mind to it and just farm without having too much expectations.

That being said, for Necrathenes (or other rare stuff like say, Thaumica)  i'd say just do Requiem Obelisks rather than mining. These pillars saved my ass when i just started farming Cambion Drift resources.

imma say it's more of how we're built as humans, than how warframe was built by the devs.

like when you need a paperclip or rubberband and couldn't find one, you could swear you've seen it everywhere around the house when you don't need it.

as evidence, you never realize when getting resources that you don't actively farm for.

for me it's hexenon. it brings a lot of pain and misery for a lot of people, but i didn't made wisp and fulmin until pretty late, so when i built them it was like "oh cool i already have everything" then moved on so uneventfully i just forget about it. compared to the disappointment of not having something, then having to waste energy to farm it, then another multiple disappointments everytime you didn't get it. our self defense mechanism as humans make us focus on the bad things and remember them.

16 hours ago, Soy77 said:

imma say it's more of how we're built as humans, than how warframe was built by the devs.

like when you need a paperclip or rubberband and couldn't find one, you could swear you've seen it everywhere around the house when you don't need it.

as evidence, you never realize when getting resources that you don't actively farm for.

for me it's hexenon. it brings a lot of pain and misery for a lot of people, but i didn't made wisp and fulmin until pretty late, so when i built them it was like "oh cool i already have everything" then moved on so uneventfully i just forget about it. compared to the disappointment of not having something, then having to waste energy to farm it, then another multiple disappointments everytime you didn't get it. our self defense mechanism as humans make us focus on the bad things and remember them.

This is called "Confimation Bias" and it's a thing. In-game we call it "The Desire Sensor" and I think it uses the mic.

On 2021-07-23 at 12:04 AM, Soy77 said:

This happened to me with Ivara.  I never realized she was considered a grind heavy frame cuz I just built her in rotation with everything else no problem.  Thing is, I use solo spy missions as testing grounds for builds and solo leveling so I can fly through them even Rhino with no alarms(Kuva Fortress aside)

On 2021-07-24 at 4:16 AM, (NSW)Telpitas said:

This is called "Confimation Bias" and it's a thing. In-game we call it "The Desire Sensor" and I think it uses the mic.

Actually warframe has one of the kindest rng of other grind games i played *old monster hunter series cough*, i deliberately put things i want on wishlist or tag them in chat before missions. Usually i got them afterwards. If there is a desire sensor in place, I believe it works for the tennos.

Unlike say, old monster hunter series that use microphone, camera, gyro, google's prediction algorithm, and do everything in its power to prevent players getting what they want. Some veteran players also believe that capcom employ an army of mind readers who works in some cerebro-like facility to detect mh player's desire from across the world.

10 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Actually warframe has one of the kindest rng of other grind games i played *old monster hunter series cough*, i deliberately put things i want on wishlist or tag them in chat before missions. Usually i got them afterwards. If there is a desire sensor in place, I believe it works for the tennos.

Unlike say, old monster hunter series that use microphone, camera, gyro, google's prediction algorithm, and do everything in its power to prevent players getting what they want. Some veteran players also believe that capcom employ an army of mind readers who works in some cerebro-like facility to detect mh player's desire from across the world.

So you too have experienced Monster Hunter's infamous Desire Sensor. I would believe almost anything about it. I just know if you want a thing, you can't even look at it. The worst run I had was in MH4 trying to get a Gore Magala plate. Hubby got four on one run. I got zilch for 27. The pain is real.

Archived