Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lich screwing u for the entire game.

Lisdexya

this has got to be some kind of joke. im new to the game and i picked up a lich quest not knowing what it was.... now im stuck with this quest until i can beat it. i cant beat it becasue it requires me to use railjack at lvl fricken 80+..... ive never even used railjack and now im stuck with rewards for this crappy weapon+ an extremely rediculous side mission set that now im gonna have to spend hours and hours on. my plan was to not do railjack at all during this game, because the entirety of that portion of the game does not seem like fun. if i wanted to play a different game i would have bought a different game. why am i being punished for trying to play the main game by now having to complete an entirely different ADD-ON to this game. this makes absolutely no sense that i would have to do this as part of my main missions. not happy. I am a good customer to this game, ive dropped a bit of money on it because i liked it mostly, but this is ridiculous and unfair to new players or anybody for that matter. really not happy about this.

15 minutes ago, Lisdexya said:

this has got to be some kind of joke. im new to the game and i picked up a lich quest not knowing what it was.... now im stuck with this quest until i can beat it. i cant beat it becasue it requires me to use railjack at lvl fricken 80+..... ive never even used railjack and now im stuck with rewards for this crappy weapon+ an extremely rediculous side mission set that now im gonna have to spend hours and hours on. my plan was to not do railjack at all during this game, because the entirety of that portion of the game does not seem like fun. if i wanted to play a different game i would have bought a different game. why am i being punished for trying to play the main game by now having to complete an entirely different ADD-ON to this game. this makes absolutely no sense that i would have to do this as part of my main missions. not happy. I am a good customer to this game, ive dropped a bit of money on it because i liked it mostly, but this is ridiculous and unfair to new players or anybody for that matter. really not happy about this.

Try recruit chat. Someone on there will typically be happy to help you clear this content.

Also, you don't have to engage with the content whatsoever. You'll just get a small penalty when playing on the planet your lich controls. 

Also. This isn't an "add-on" it is part of the core game. There are no "add-ons" to Warframe. You just engaged with a system you didn't research and now you're dealing with it. Education is important. You have free access to mountains of information both ingame (help chat) and out of game (warframe wikia and forums). I'd suggest doing some research before diving nose deep into something. 

EDIT: I do believe it is weird that players can get liches without having a Railjack, however. Perhaps getting a Railjack should be a minimum requirement for liches/sisters now.

Just now, Leqesai said:

Try recruit chat. Someone on there will typically be happy to help you clear this content.

Also, you don't have to engage with the content whatsoever. You'll just get a small penalty when playing on the planet your lich controls. 

Also. This isn't an "add-on" it is part of the core game. There are no "add-ons" to Warframe. You just engaged with a system you didn't research and now you're dealing with it. Education is important. You have free access to mountains of information both ingame (help chat) and out of game (warframe wikia and forums). I'd suggest doing some research before diving nose deep into something. 

i do need to engage in this content because i need better weapons... But this railjack, which is literally an entirely different game, has no aspect of regular warframe, u started back at ground 1, a novice, rookie, green as grass newbie, because its an add on :'), if it werent an add on then there wouldn't have been any previous gameplay in which you could complete liches without railjack having ever existed.

lmao it most definitely is an add-on. i downloaded the game on ps4 a while back and it didnt exist. ergo... add-on. hahahahaha ur seriously suggesting that in order to play this game without getting absolutely screwed i basically have to get a doctorate in Warframe..... thats absolutely absurd. this game is not welcoming to newcomers whatso ever... including the other players... "you, leqesai". ur bashing me for being new and not having done my research.... lets go through a little scenario. SO "im in the middle of a mission that is hard as hell for me to be doing, theres enemies everywhere and a mission marker ontop of a specific targets head, i finally kill him after some time and now it prompts me to do a finisher." so was it right then while i was about to be murdered by 30-40 lvl 90 grineer that i should have hopped on to wiki and asked "hmmmmm what does this finisher mean and could it mess with my entire game going forward?" if i had to go onto wiki and do research every time i was going to pull the trigger in this game, wouldent be very  fun now would it.

if i tried to research or ask for help whilst in combat i would be committing suicide over and over again, and would have almost no progression. 

But ty for showing just how crappy new people are getting treated in this community, "education is important" lemme guess entitled older male? think people are just mentally beneath u often?

4 minutes ago, Lisdexya said:

lmao it most definitely is an add-on. i downloaded the game on ps4 a while back and it didnt exist. ergo... add-on.

24 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Also. This isn't an "add-on" it is part of the core game. There are no "add-ons" to Warframe.

I can see both sides of the argument here. It basically comes down to "does Mists of Pandaria count as an add-on for WoW?"

But that's besides the point of this thread:

5 minutes ago, Lisdexya said:

hahahahaha ur seriously suggesting that in order to play this game without getting absolutely screwed i basically have to get a doctorate in Warframe..... thats absolutely absurd. this game is not welcoming to newcomers whatso ever... including the other players...

The game does have some serious conveyance issues, yes. There's thread after thread, including this one, of MR5 players who just stumbled out of the War Within quest, with weapons not even close to prepared for sortie-level missions, but nonetheless find themselves shackled with a Lich. It's definitely a problem with the game and it's a shame DE aren't addressing it

29 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

EDIT: I do believe it is weird that players can get liches without having a Railjack, however. Perhaps getting a Railjack should be a minimum requirement for liches/sisters now.

Leftovers from before the Railjack system, for certain, but I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it available to everyone since you can access RJ content on someone else's RJ... Granted you have to be shuttled for it.

EDIT: @ above: Rebecca started a newbie alt recently-ish, so HOPEFULLY we'll get some early game renewals soon. (And hopefully the ability to get rid of the stupid Negator stuff from the very start of the game...) She did make some specific mentions about super outdated content and how irrelevant stuff still gets referenced as if it was important even tho they never went with it/removed it at some point after.

19 minutes ago, Lisdexya said:

"education is important" lemme guess entitled older male? think people are just mentally beneath u often?

Hey now, being irrational, angry and uneducated is no great advertisement for whatever you are.

8 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Hey now, being irrational, angry and uneducated is no great advertisement for whatever you are.

This.

TC if you want to engage in healthy discourse then start by correcting your approach. People will disagree with you and people will also give you advice that may nit be tailor-made to whatever approach you feel is acceptable. 

A little forethought goes a long way to not being disappointed when things dont worm they way you expect.

26 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

I can see both sides of the argument here. It basically comes down to "does Mists of Pandaria count as an add-on for WoW?"

Mists of pandaria is quite a bit different insofar as it was a paid expansion as far as i remember. If the content is paid then i think addon would be appropriate. But as a part of the regular, consistent content expansion it is not an addon anymore. Warframe has no addons, it simply has constantly expanded game systems. Some good some bad.

7 minutes ago, L3512 said:

oooooo. struck a nerve with u too huh? sorry i didnt mean to offend multiples of you guys :'). Thats cute af! and once again your just piling onto how this game sh*ts on newcomers. the guy attacked me and i quoted him back.... and u side with him because....? "irrational, angry and uneducated" wow figured me out have you? im also pretty poor and i have parents i dont get along with, wanna poop on me for those things too lmao. doesnt take a genius to know why you got defensive for him :') 

ty for the comments tho that are of no use whatsoever to helping the situation :') do us a favor and only chime in if its about actually figuring out a new system for lichs and how they become activated, i didnt start this thread to have a bunch of people talk crap on me for being new. but ..... i know..... i know, its real hard not to force your opinion on people and make them feel small, cause it must feel so gooooood inside when you get the feeling of being "smarter, more rational, or happier" then the others around you. 

And for those of you who actually care about this game and how it is designed to fail through various different issues, please i would love to hear the options you have to give on how this can get fixed and prevent it from happening to other people in the future.

32 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

The game does have some serious conveyance issues, yes. There's thread after thread, including this one, of MR5 players who just stumbled out of the War Within quest, with weapons not even close to prepared for sortie-level missions, but nonetheless find themselves shackled with a Lich. It's definitely a problem with the game and it's a shame DE aren't addressing it

yea i like this! maybe disabling lich till railjack is complete is a good idea, or maybe they could bring in the option for those people who enjoy using railjack to complete it instead of farming waiting for the lich boss to appear to still do that but for people who have yet to complete it maybe keeping the old way of completing it. this would create some more versatility for everyone

10 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

This.

TC if you want to engage in healthy discourse then start by correcting your approach. People will disagree with you and people will also give you advice that may nit be tailor-made to whatever approach you feel is acceptable. 

A little forethought goes a long way to not being disappointed when things dont worm they way you expect.

Mists of pandaria is quite a bit different insofar as it was a paid expansion as far as i remember. If the content is paid then i think addon would be appropriate. But as a part of the regular, consistent content expansion it is not an addon anymore. Warframe has no addons, it simply has constantly expanded game systems. Some good some bad.

i understand why you consider it part of the regular game i guess. And thank you for trying to put an end to the toxicity in this thread, thats not where i meant for it to ever escalate to. What i dont get is why they would change a quest that already takes a fair amount of time to complete. and change it for the worse, so in otherwords your forced to do extended amounts of missions in order to do something that you could previously complete. that just feels wrong in so many ways...  Its like if i had grinded for a bunch of parts for say gram prime, and then i can finally equip it and they drop an update saying "gram prime mr requirement set to 16 instead of 14" its taking away something you have already worked for and earned. i understand that that doesnt really apply to me since i wasnt playing much prior to that initial update, but it is just another part of this side that i wanted to bring up. i began playing this game again because i love shooters and fast paced ninja space combat lmao, i dont understand why they would force a completely different type of play onto the main story. i dont like playing games like diner dash or sea of thieves, its a little weird that this has an affect on the main playing style of the game.

1 minute ago, Lisdexya said:

i understand why you consider it part of the regular game i guess. And thank you for trying to put an end to the toxicity in this thread, thats not where i meant for it to ever escalate to. What i dont get is why they would change a quest that already takes a fair amount of time to complete. and change it for the worse, so in otherwords your forced to do extended amounts of missions in order to do something that you could previously complete. that just feels wrong in so many ways...  Its like if i had grinded for a bunch of parts for say gram prime, and then i can finally equip it and they drop an update saying "gram prime mr requirement set to 16 instead of 14" its taking away something you have already worked for and earned. i understand that that doesnt really apply to me since i wasnt playing much prior to that initial update, but it is just another part of this side that i wanted to bring up. i began playing this game again because i love shooters and fast paced ninja space combat lmao, i dont understand why they would force a completely different type of play onto the main story. i dont like playing games like diner dash or sea of thieves, its a little weird that this has an affect on the main playing style of the game.

Warframe is a great game developed by a pretty small crew of people who dont always do things the way people would expect. Content is regularly added without reexamination of how core systems are affected. Liches being accessible so early in the game is one of these things. People have been complaining about since before the recent changes went live and it is now more of an issue because players can stumble into it without being prepared and without access to necessary game features.

At the very least, the damage done by a Lich is actually very minimal, as they only take a tiny, tiny portion of your prize pool and only on planets they own. Plus when you kill the Lich, you'll eventually get it all back.

I still need to go out and deal with mine, oops...

My advice, in the meantime before another QoL update to Liches happens, is to try and find a weapon or two you really like, figure out how to make it super powerful, and get more used to the game and then tackle your lich at a later time when you know a bit more about what you're doing/etc etc.

Liches are best done after you've gotten comfortable with Arbitrations and can start getting into Steel Path. Here's an example of a weapon build that people tend to go for, though riven mods have a huge impact on weapons.

Spoiler

6gR0xrF.png

Keep in mind this is just an example. (With Lex Prime as the sample) Hornet Strike (Or Point Blank for shotgun, Serration for rifles/bows, etc) is a common damage mod (Point Blank has a primed variant you can get from Baro Kiteer sometimes), then there's corrupted mods that increase damage in exchange for another attribute (commonly accuracy or bullet spread) and many weapons can benefit from it with little punishment. (These are gotten from Orokin Vaults on Deimos, which you need access to the keys from a dojo to get without getting them from another player) Then you have element mods and multishot for more damage. Riven mods all depend on the roll you get on it, with multishot/damage being the most wanted usually.

The current meta is Viral (Toxin+Cold) and Slash damage. Viral procs lower max health, while Slash does "true" damage, ignoring armor. Heat stacks can strip armor at limited quantities, since you can't have Viral and Corrosive (Toxin+Electric) together on most weapons, which more powerfully strips armor. Viral+Slash will be how most of your weapons will do their damage.

My advice is to work towards building up a weapon you like, try to get a riven for it and try to get a good set of rolls for it, then work towards Arbitrations. Once you get Arbies unlocked, try to get enough Vitus Essence (Arbitration exclusive drop) to get your hands on the mods Adaptation & Rolling Guard. These will help drastically with survival.

Then once you feel comfortable with Arbitrations, you can try Steel Path, which will give you Steel Essence for a bunch of goodies.  Arbies is roughly 40-60 while Steel Path is 100+.

I wish you good luck with getting to the point of being able to handle your Lich!

Research a bit about the game your are starting to play

or

Make a forum topic being toxic and trying to start fights with everyone?

Guess what the op choose...

Anyway, they just have to update the lich system to have a prequest (like sisters do), and I am ok with sisters/lichs running away and getting grouped together into a railjack mission...

I mean... it's not hard to blow 3 crewships... come on. If you can't do that... you shouldnt even be playing that content yet and instead farming better mods.

Yes, I do hate leechers.

19 minutes ago, Lisdexya said:

oooooo. struck a nerve with u too huh?

Seriously? no.

20 minutes ago, Lisdexya said:

once again your just piling onto how this game sh*ts on newcomers. the guy attacked me and i quoted him back.... and u side with him because....?

The guy didn't attack you, you started it with an attack and generalization that I found funny.

I had more to say but will leave it there, my first response was in the context of the thread and you text but if you feel it was a personal attack I'll remove it.

On topic I do think your replies are contradictory and Warframe pretty much needs the wiki open at all times. I do not see RJ as an add on but newish content.

Archived