Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starting Sentinel

TheNoobishNub

Question

Is the best starting sentinel shade because it  seems to have the most utility? The ghost ability seems to help when things randomly spawn behind you and try to melee you. Also good when going for a full stealth mission.

The carrier also seems helpful because it picks up things for you, but is useless when your energy gets drained by an ancient.

Dethcube is just for killing things, right?

I'm sorry if this was posted before, please point me to that thread if it already exists.

Edit: Failed to mention before, I am not in a clan so djinn impossible to obtain.

Edited by TheNoobishNub

11 answers to this question

Yes, you got pretty much a good idea.

If your full with energy, the carrier wont pick up energy, so when a disrupter hits you, the carrier will pick up energy in range.

The only thing i can see the dethcube usefull for is wiping low level mobs off the map.

So i suggest shade as it makes the game easier especially when you get knocked down, it stops the horde of enemies from raping you

In terms of usefulness in utility IMO:

Shade > Wyrm > Carrier > Dethcubert ??? Djinn

You understand shade and Wyrm's flash bang pretty much stuns heavies at the same time they stun you so you have more time to get up and hit them back. Or if you run into a room with alot of mobs it will rag doll them all most likely

Carrier with maxed vacuum will supply you with all the ammo and energy you need but it also spoils me

Dethcubert's ray starts to fall short in later game and only hits on one dude. So it pretty much does negotiable damage after a while.

I just build Djinn and I still dont know what its ability does but hey mini acrid

Edited by Anatolius

Thank you for your reply, I was thinking of carrier or shade, but wanted another person's opinion.

Edit: I only saw one reply before, but thank you for your responses. Essentially, it is Shade first, followed by if I want to kill stuff, get dethcube or wyrm or I don't want to pick stuff up, get carrier.

Edited by TheNoobishNub

note: dethcube's vaporize gets more shots per activation if you have multishot on the weapon it has equipped

djinn charges up and releases a shockwave every so often, which damages enemies and causes minor stun

however, due to the ability being glitched, it won't activate unless it's in the first slot, and then because it's glitched, it'll charge and fire of its own volition, without actually checking to see if anything's there, so should probably avoid that until they fix it

Edited by weirdee

I'd say to get Wyrm first personally, give him a cryo round mod on his Laser Rifle, and he should be watching your back even if you aren't. His stun/ragdoll is very useful, even when you know what you're doing, and when you don't, it's a pretty cool safeguard.

Shade is also good, but you can't really act on the un-aware enemies unless you have powerful abilities that doesn't break cloak. 

I'd definitely recommend Wyrm first, but Shade is alright too. Just don't take Carrier and Dethcube yet, they are useful but I wouldn't say new-player friendly since they don't really have a way to get pressure off your back. 

+1 for Shade for a beginning player. The ability to hide from enemies (or even stealth through missions to unlock a new planet for specific resources) increases your survivability drastically. Shade wont attack unless you're hit first, which means its unlikely to kill steal from you (giving you more xp which you need) and its also less likely to draw aggro and die.

Pairs excellently with a charge weapon, especially melee.

if played and format all sentinels and have to say the best is deathcube , then wyrm/djin/shade and at the last spot the carrier

carrier is imo only for lacy people and don´t rly support u

deathcube/djin are killing machines

wyrm is amazing against infested cause cc and nice firing distance

shade is..well ..if i want to play cloak then i play loki , but shade is rly ok to , the onlyst problem is that he hasn´t enaugh mods to put in