Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Kavat Incubator Segment objectively costs too many ressources to build

Darthplagueis13

Putting this under weapons because there doesn't seem to be a category for companions or orbiter segments.

Pretty much any player who has gotten far enough in the game knows the pain. You reach MR5, get ahold of the blueprint, either through clan research or a fortunate drop, and then you look at the crafting requirements.

A bunch of credits (fair enough), an argon crystal (whatever), ten Kavat genetic Codes (bit annoying to get but doable) and 120000 alloy plates. Wait, what? And so you start grinding. Probably somewhere on Ceres or Sedna and you soon realize that a 20 minute run yields about 1-3k of alloy plates. Meaning you'll have to do a lot of these runs. Maybe around 70-100 on average, depending on how much alloy plate you had previously.

It's annoying, it's grindy, it's frustrating, it's really not fun.

But here's the thing: It's also objectively overpriced.

Fun fact: You can purchase the entire ready-build incubator segment for 175 plat.

Also fun fact: Both Kavat Genetic Codes and Alloy Plate can be purchased in the market for plat. The conversion rate? 5 Plat per Code and 30 Plat for 1500 Alloy Plate. 120k/1.5k=80. 80*30=2400.

Meaning, to craft the segment you have to acquire ressources worth 2450 plat (plus the crystal and the credits) which is quite a hefty premium compared to the 175 for a pre-built one. Technically, since you are getting the ready-built one instantly, it's actually the equivalent of 2475 plat, since it costs another 25 plat if you want to rush it.

Now, here's a fun thought: What if, theoretically, someone at DE made a teensy little mistake when entering the alloy plate requirement and inserted an extra zero? What if it originally was meant to cost only 12000 alloy plate, but whoever made the mistake didn't want to own up to it and claimed it was intentional?

Let's quickly run the numbers: 12k/1.5k=8. 8*30=240. 240+50=290. 290+25=315

That's still 80% more than the insta-purchase. However, that much grind might be realistic and justifiable. Much more realistic and justifiable than the current 1300%, anyways.

1 hour ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

Pretty much any player who has gotten far enough in the game knows the pain. You reach MR5, get ahold of the blueprint, either through clan research or a fortunate drop, and then you look at the crafting requirements.

A bunch of credits (fair enough), an argon crystal (whatever), ten Kavat genetic Codes (bit annoying to get but doable) and 120000 alloy plates. Wait, what? And so you start grinding. Probably somewhere on Ceres or Sedna and you soon realize that a 20 minute run yields about 1-3k of alloy plates. Meaning you'll have to do a lot of these runs. Maybe around 70-100 on average, depending on how much alloy plate you had previously.

Or you can just keep playing normally, get alloy "passively" instead of focusing on farming it and build the thing when you have enough. Something becoming available at certain MR doesn't mean it needs to or should be built asap. One the fastest ways to burn out is to try and farm large quantities of resources early on.

vor 50 Minuten schrieb Leyvonne:

Or you can just keep playing normally, get alloy "passively" instead of focusing on farming it and build the thing when you have enough. Something becoming available at certain MR doesn't mean it needs to or should be built asap. One the fastest ways to burn out is to try and farm large quantities of resources early on.

Sure, if I keep on playing normally I'll probably eventually have that much after a few months. But seeing as anything else I've had the opportunity to build so far required maybe a few hours of grinding at most, including the Railjack, which mind you is a massive old combat space ship, I don't see why a mere segment of another, smaller ship that's used to let you breed pets would require straight-up days of grinding, especially since you get its counterpart for free just as part of a quest.

Besides, I'm at a bit of a weird point in the game, after finishing the war within but before the next main quest because I currently cannot handle the level range of the void after Sedna so I need to grind anyways.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb DarkSkysz:

Warframe is not a game where you get everything you want in 5 minutes (for free at least)... just play the game. Soon or later you will have over millions of those.

I'm not asking for 5 Minutes but like 20 hours of just repeating the same missions over and over again seems excessive.

22 minutes ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

just repeating the same missions

Then don't? You are not locked out of the game just because you can't build that segment... just play something else and you will have enough mats when you less expect.

vor 20 Minuten schrieb DarkSkysz:

Then don't? You are not locked out of the game just because you can't build that segment... just play something else and you will have enough mats when you less expect.

I still wanna make a good amount of progress. And since I'm also using the opprtunity to level some warframes, Ceres just happens to be in a good range, because it can drop a good quantity of alloy plates but at the same time it's not so outright deadly that I couldn't take a low level frame into the map and immediately get blasted to bits (which is what would happen if I were to play on say, Sedna instead).

Archived