Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid changes

(PSN)SEA_TOASTER

Hydroid a frame most would say need a rework and I agree and their are 3 ways to do this. The fist would just be some small tweaks, the second way would be more serious a full blown rework. The third is a mix some tweaks and some reworking. Now each option has its benefits. The first option is cheaper for DE, and is easier to implement and produce it's the safe way but it doesn't hit as hard and its boring. The second is flashy and exciting it will feel like a whole new frame was added but it's expensive, time consuming and could just be overkill. The third is in between not as expensive as the second not as easy or safe as the first. Now I think the third option is the best way to go just the right amount of flashy, hype and simplicity. Now Hydroid is looked at as a crowd control/looting frame lets go off that first off change the passive to Natural Talent, (Reason Hydroid has dreadfully long cast times this solves that). Next Tempest Barrage change damage to magnetic damage (Reason for this change is that water in the Plains Of Eidolon deals magnetic damage at night). Next Tidal Surge damage changed to magnetic and now clears all status effects when used and grants status immunity for 10 seconds after use, new augment Whirlpool on contact with surface creates a whirlpool pulling in enemies within 8 meters (reason for the damage type change is the same as before, the reason for the added status immunity feature is to give it a use as a survivability tool and allows me to shoot the zarr at my feet with no stagger, the reason for the augment was replace the old one). Next Undertow radius increased to 7.5 meters (reason 4 meters was extremely small). Tentacle Swarm now has Pilfering Swarm built in, new augment Tentacle Link damage done to one enemy held affects all enemies held (reason Pilfering Swarm is used in 90% of the Hydroid build I see and this would free up a mod slot and the reason for the new augment was again to replace the old one). Thank you for reading please leave your thoughts below.

Sincerely a fellow player :)

As much as I admire everyone who actually sits down and thinks of ways of fixing existing frames (especially the really old ones), I'm deeply saddened whenever I see them pop up. DE has already stated that they do not plan on revisiting old frames to fix or rework them and all of our ideas are going towards new frames which are still in the development.

I guess there's just not enough money for them in reworking frames.

This was bound to happen with the Helminth system in place. Why put all that time & effort into fixing a Warframe when you can replace their garbage abilities with something better? It's not like other F2Ps go to such an effort to make sure their playable characters are at least balanced or useable...Oh wait, they do. What's your excuse, DE? You're lazy, nothing else to it but that, that's why we've got content half-a-decade-old that's in poor shape.

1 hour ago, Incongruous said:

As much as I admire everyone who actually sits down and thinks of ways of fixing existing frames (especially the really old ones), I'm deeply saddened whenever I see them pop up. DE has already stated that they do not plan on revisiting old frames to fix or rework them and all of our ideas are going towards new frames which are still in the development.

They said that there are no reworks planned for the rest of the year because it's all hands on deck for the the new War.

4 hours ago, Incongruous said:

Its not money it's time they are working on the new war right now

Personally, DE should start a small team of programmers/artists/modellers for the task of curation and maintenance of current and legacy systems. Making sure that everything runs smoothly. These personnel should be from low priority sections of the company as a whole so as not to reduce from the pool of people working on new and future content.

11 hours ago, (PSN)SEA_TOASTER said:

Its not money it's time they are working on the new war right now

Not really, no. If it was just time, then all frames would already be fully up to speed with todays standards. They are being lazy about this and have been for years now. There's just no jumping around that topic if you've been playing and paying attention for more than a year. With New War "around the corner" they just have another nice excuse to not touch anything, no matter how much feedback players throw at them.

Archived