Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there an actual reason for the Orcus Relay to have an MR requirement of 8?

Darthplagueis13

From what I could find it's just the same old thing as any other Relay with a Dry Dock. Same syndicates, same facilities, same everything.

Is there something utterly unique I'm missing out on?

And yes, I am butthurt that I can't get to Baro this week because I'm still a little short on affinity, but that's not the main point. Why is the place on the Star Chart with the highest Mastery Requirement some random social hub?

It's MR8, you could likely get from MR1 to MR8 before baro leaves if you did the right type of missions if I'm being honest...besides lack of ducats would likely be more of an issue for you if you're below mr8 anyway....

IIRC the reason was because to keep 'newbies' away from 'higher level' baro gear but not sure it really stayed like that.

... I think it should be limited to the planet access, and not by MR... If players don't have access to Pluto, then they can't access it.

Its a better way to justify Star Chart and player progression rather than the MR lock it currently has...

1 hour ago, LSG501 said:

you could likely get from MR1 to MR8 before baro leaves if you did the right type of missions if I'm being honest...

IIRC you can only do one Mastery Test per 24 hours, even if you pass, so it wouldn't be possible to get from 1 to 8 in less than a week even with power levelling all the things.

I think the Mastery lock was originally put in as a way of helping with group finding, since the concept of Relays was that people would go there to find a squad even if that's not what actually happens.  By having different relays open up with Mastery players would be able to find groups at their desired level more easily, in theory, if Mastery actually related to ability, if Recruit Chat didn't exist.  Now I think it just serves as an unofficial bonus for achieving Mastery 8, no longer missing out on some Baro visits.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb LSG501:

It's MR8, you could likely get from MR1 to MR8 before baro leaves if you did the right type of missions if I'm being honest...besides lack of ducats would likely be more of an issue for you if you're below mr8 anyway....

IIRC the reason was because to keep 'newbies' away from 'higher level' baro gear but not sure it really stayed like that.

As someone else already pointed out, MR tests are limited to 1 a day, so I really couldn't. Though I'm already MR7, I'm just slightly running out of stuff to level up and building more takes time.

And if they wanted to keep new players away from high level gear... well, the Weapons have their own Mastery Requirements anyways and after all, it's not like Baro's inventory is related to where he shows up. Next time he might be in the Strata Relais whilst offering up some much better stuff (If the wiki is to be believed, he doesn't really have anything too crazy in stock this week anyways).

Archived