Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tyl Regor boss fight got very buggy over time.

Kainosh

Not really gamebreaking, but it ruins the experience.  As in...really.  His fight is even worse than Sister fight in a normal mission now.

List of issues:

1)  There is no glass on the ceiling.  When Regor fires his fists to break the ceiling, there is no glass animation...  Sound still plays, but glass itself is absent.  

I am sure it was there before.  I saw it MANY times back when I was farming Equi.

2)  Transition from stage to stage is super slow.  Regor despawns....20 second pause....Regor breaks the window and water floods the lower floor.....20 seconds pause.....Manics spawn and you kill them....20 seconds pause.....Regor returns to get another portion of oneshot....and another 20 second pause.

Pretty sure there is a script error there that causes phases/regor animations to load much slower than they should.   It was faster before. Much faster. 

3) Manics are very glitchy. 

• Sometimes they remain invisible when attacking you. 
  • Sometimes they disappear without death animation, so you cant tell if they are dead or not.
  • Manics (bombard and normie) on the second floor spawn unalerted, can be easily finished off.  Not sure if this is intended, because before they spawned alerted and aware of your position...

4) Teleporting AI became even worse. 

Its like they can't control their own teleportation, struggling against it.    Their AI tries to attack you with melee, but Teleportation says NO, whisking them away from you.  And they end up jumping around for minutes without doing anything harmful.

5) Regor doesn't use ranged attacks anymore.  At least he never did in 5-6 runs i did recently.  

I even tried to play it somewhat slow....but he still used only melee.

Surprisingly, today most of the glitches were gone.    But i have not played any other missions, went straight for Regor.

Maybe its some memory leak that causes those stutters and glitches.....  

Glass on the 2nd window (the big one) is still absent though. 

I've always said that this is the most F2P fight in the game... in a bad way.  It feels cheap.  I hate how he is supposed to be big and intimidating, scaring us with "Nowhere left to run... nowhere left to hide!" while he, himself, is hiding from us.  He hides for the vast majority of the fight, and it leads to a discordant experience.

DE has polished bosses over time, so perhaps Tyl Regor will get some love eventually.  But I can't imagine he's a priority.

16 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Tyl Regor will get some love eventually.  But I can't imagine he's a priority.

*Laughs in Sergeant

I don't even know how a boss that looks like a placeholder has continued to be a placeholder for as long as I've played this game...

Archived