Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Feedback

[DE]Momaw

Well, I got the last part I needed in Gradivus and now it's finished building. I wanted this frame ever since I saw the list of what it could do. What do I think now that I actually have it?

The lack of armor value is kind of bizarre given how heavy he *looks*. There's also a slightly distressing resemblance to a sow in regards to the grenade dispensers on his torso.

Abilities...

1. Tesla. Cool idea, but I didn't realize the damage was so low on this. It's a GREAT ability in really low level content. Apollodorus survival? Pfft. Chuck Tesla everywhere and you win. But then... Well, once it loses the ability to kill an enemy in 1 zap, its usefulness goes down the toilet. It takes half a dozen hits to bring down a non-trivial enemies, making it extremely expensive in energy to set up Tesla nests that are deep enough to actually stop stuff. It briefly stuns enemies, but then, in order to capitalize on that effect you have to actually be nearby watching to see what Tesla stuns and in that case why wouldn't you just shoot them? For a "trapper" class, this thing is less trap and more minor annoyance once you step out of the newbie maps.

I'd actually be in favor of increasing Tesla's cost to 50, and reducing its range, but make it do continuous damage over time to multiple enemies within its radius. Making them play more like Tesla grenades in Borderlands 2.  So much more powerful and much less spammable.

2. Bounce. DE trolls us with this. For how limited its applications are, it should be dirt cheap to deploy Bounce and it should last for some amount of time regardless of how many things jump on it.

3. Bastille. Extremely useful, obviously. It remains effective at any level because it doesn't rely on causing damage for its effect.

4. Vortex. Damage is a little lackluster for an ultimate but it does have crowd control power to compensate. Though it feels like you really REALLY need a weapon that does AOE damage in order to fully capitalize on what Vortex can do. It might be nice if Vortex started out small, grew in size over time (bigger than it is now) grabbing enemies from further and further away, and then finally ended with a huge explosion to (probably) kill the stuff it grabbed.

I'd like Tesla to continuously zap nearby targets, kind of like Vor's electric ball attacks. Or, at the very least, reduce each Tesla ball's zapping delay from 3 seconds to maybe 1. It's kind of unreliable for stunning as it is, unless you plop down three or more (in which case you should probably just use Bastille anyway).

Also, I'd like Bounce to be time-restricted rather than Bounce-restricted (or perhaps a combination of both; i.e. it disappears 15 seconds after the third bounce), and give it a 25 Energy cost. This would raise the options for this ability, i.e. creating trampoline traps at enemy spawn points.

EDIT: Also, wrong section. There's a Warframe feedback section nearby. XD

Edited by SortaRandom

Tesla is supposed to be used for crowd contro; you know, stunning. It's not meant to deal large amounts of damage.

Bounce should not effect players, and it should be cheaper to use. In all the times I've seen it used, it's only ever been useful once, and it wasn't for trolling. (Color me shocked!)

Bastille will only suspend up to 12 enemies, so the need to cast more than one will sometimes come up, like in Orokin Derelict Defense missions, and sometimes Cyath, Eris. Still, it is a very nice skill to have.

Vortex. Just equip a Torid, and win. It'd be cool if it resulted in an explosion, dealing about 500 explosion damage. It does look a little awkward when it just poofs.

have you guys noticed how casting Vortex directly on the cryopod in defense missions causes it to take damage ? a few hours ago i was doing Xini and our pod was at 17% left when 2 vortex where on top of it... this was at wave 3 so there was no way the infested did that damage to it 

Tesla is supposed to be used for crowd contro; you know, stunning. It's not meant to deal large amounts of damage.

Bounce should not effect players, and it should be cheaper to use. In all the times I've seen it used, it's only ever been useful once, and it wasn't for trolling. (Color me shocked!)

Bastille will only suspend up to 12 enemies, so the need to cast more than one will sometimes come up, like in Orokin Derelict Defense missions, and sometimes Cyath, Eris. Still, it is a very nice skill to have.

Vortex. Just equip a Torid, and win. It'd be cool if it resulted in an explosion, dealing about 500 explosion damage. It does look a little awkward when it just poofs.

Tesla is actually amazing crowd control if you place it right during defense missions. It's not worth using during anything else though, which is fine. I like specialized application.

I think bounce could be cheaper, that's about it. It's fine the way it is. Removing the ability to affect players ruins half the tactical applications of this ability. 

Bastille is cheap for what it does. You'd be crazy not to run either flow or streamline with a vauban. That 12 enemies can be increased to 15 with focus. You can go up to 24 with the corrupted mod, but that moves the cost per cast up to 116. Your group should be able to kill enemies fast enough to not hold issue with that. You can also double cast. It's more of a "pause" enemies, and not hold indefinitely. If anything, it stops half the incoming enemies in a defense mission. 

At the end of the day vauban is a utility frame, not a damage frame. The only reason vortex does damage is to pick off close to dead enemies and to prevent hoarding an entire room with chain casts. 

one major complain about vauban:

the grenades have no textures. they should look like some kind of futuristic grenade.

This.

It looks like a default UV sphere from a 3D modelling tutorial program. The spheres need something done to them; i.e. "2" Sphere opens up into a bounce pad rather than staying as a simple default-colour-on-3D-program sphere with circly auras around it.

I'm surprised people have complaints about Tesla. I guess if you don't build it right, it's not that useful.

But with max Energy Siphon, Stretch, Continuity, Focus, and Streamline, it's pretty useful if you use it creatively. Crouch, and stick 3-4 on you sentinel for only 17 energy per! The sheer range it shocks enemies at is really helpful. Stick a bunch on a friendly rhino and just watch him go to town.

Bounce is great for disabling heavies, and I like that it runs out after a number of bounces, not time. That way, it can be placed on angles on corpus defense missions to launch MOA's off cliffs :D just throw down a couple near entrances and watch them fly!

It's an engineer, not damage. If you're creative how you cast, all of his powers are useful.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually really like Tesla for its stun and its utility. My favorite tactic - other than sticking it to team-mates and rescue targets - is to use them to stun enemies hiding behind cover. With its ability to fire lighting in any direction and with its grenade arc, its great for stunning enemies that are dug in behind cover. Then, while they are stunned, you can run up and smack them with bullets without fear of retribution.

Tesla is very good as it is. Well built, you can place LOTS of them and remain effective against lv 100+ enemies. 

Just place 6-8 teslas inside the snow globe and don't keep watching at this without moving. You are a ninja. You are meant to fight, not only to place some stun grenades on the ground and wait ^^