Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need help building a zaw

Lolzster

Question

(Tldr at the bottom)

Not necessarily a question per se but I think this is the place for it.

With that out of the way, the issue:

Trying to keep it as short as possible, I wanted to make a zaw with few things on mind: it needs to be a polearm (since I'm aiming for a specific tennogen skin), it's supposed to be an auto attack weapon (aka NOT heavy attack, just max combo multi and wail away) and I'm gonna be running with exodia hunt.

Ngl, I've done extensive research on the subject but basically all the data I've gathered was either outdated or inconclusive.

I THINK it would be Plague Kripath , Seekalla (heard the fastest one is the best - not sure after latest rebalance though) and then either Vargeet II Jai or Vargeet Jai II? But I also came across other options (although quite a while ago, don't remember specifics now). Idk whether I should focus more on crit or status, or perhaps look for a balance here? I'm kinda out of the loop.

Then there's also a matter of the build itself which I'm also clueless about but that's intertwined with parts - can't figure out one without the other and vice versa. (it's also a good time to mention that idk which stance would good for exodia hunt - does every block combo provide slam or am I pigeonholed into twirling spire or w/e the stance is called?)

Anyway, I was hoping that I could bask in someone's expertise and finally build my dream weapon.

https://overframe.gg/build/new/2555/plague-kripath/?bs=WzEsMjU1NSwzMCwxLFtbMzQ3LDUsMV0sWzMzNCwzLDBdLFszNTgsNSwwXSxbNjkyLDEwLDBdLFszNTMsMTAsM10sWzI1MDIsOCwzLFtbOTgsMC4zMDk4NzYzODI4ODA2NjQyN10sWzk5LDAuMDgyNzE1OTg4Mjc5ODM5NDldLFsxMDgsMC41MzU0MTc4NDYyOTMzNzAzXV0sWzEwNiwwLjI5MDEyMzM5MjkyMTgxNTY2XSw4LDMsMF0sWzM0NSwxMCwxXSxbMzYwLDUsMV0sWzg4NSwzLDNdLFsyMTc5LDMsMF1dLFsyNTk0LDI1ODddXQ==

Link above is what I thought about initially (got a riven with exact stats as in the linked build). Weapon itself is gonna be paired with around 50% (49-54%, still polishing up the build, let's assume at least 50%) armor strip from Terrify (and it's not gonna change, gonna be using it mainly on Nekros and there's another helminth ability already so no other armor strip options other than Terrify apply).

IMPORTANT NOTE: I wanted the weapon to be Arbitrations/Steel Path viable.

Is the build Arbi/SP viable as it (crit focused)? Should I trade some crit for more status (parts, mods)? Or investing in primer like Kuva Nukor will get the job done?

In case anyone was wondering, Primed Reach is absent due to Exodia Hunt allowing to gap close (so to speak).

Tldr Need an exodia hunt polearm zaw build (parts and mod config along with a stance).

5 answers to this question

If you are making a zaw specifically for exodia hunt I suggest making a dokrahm. You are going to want a stance that has frequent ground slams and both Tempo Royale and Rending Crane stances proc Exodia Hunt very often. Tempo Royal stance procs Exodia Hunt less often but it has better damage and I prefer it over Rending Crane.

I've made about 20 zaws testing different builds and my go to zaws for Exodia Hunt are Dokrahm/Seekalla/Vargeet II Jai or Vargeet Jai II. Go to build is CO, BR, WW, Organ Shatter, Primed Reach, Primed/Berserker Fury, Smite mod and riven with either as/cd/- or range/cd/-. A lot of people don't run range mods on Exodia Hunt builds but it just feels terrible to play without them IMO. 

I also use Sepfahn with Blind Justice stance Exodia Hunt builds because the forward block combo on Blind Justice ends with a ground slam. Pretty much the exact same builds as Dokrahm but with Peye grip. 

18 hours ago, (NSW)Telpitas said:

I think you should just build it and try it out. Sounds like you are far enough along that even making multiple zaws shouldn't be a problem for you. Let us know what you come up with!

I've got around 45 formas right now. Seems like much, right? But let me tell you this - I've been postponing building weapons that require formas and I have NONE of the kuva/tenet weapons leveled up for mastery. That's 5 forma each and there's like what, 30 of them right now? I don't NEED them but they do give full mastery points only when forma'd 5 times. So yeah, if I can help it, I wouldn't want to 'waste' formas IF there is a possibility that there's someone out there that could help me and prevent said waste from happening.

14 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

If you are making a zaw specifically for exodia hunt I suggest making a dokrahm. You are going to want a stance that has frequent ground slams and both Tempo Royale and Rending Crane stances proc Exodia Hunt very often. Tempo Royal stance procs Exodia Hunt less often but it has better damage and I prefer it over Rending Crane.

I've made about 20 zaws testing different builds and my go to zaws for Exodia Hunt are Dokrahm/Seekalla/Vargeet II Jai or Vargeet Jai II. Go to build is CO, BR, WW, Organ Shatter, Primed Reach, Primed/Berserker Fury, Smite mod and riven with either as/cd/- or range/cd/-. A lot of people don't run range mods on Exodia Hunt builds but it just feels terrible to play without them IMO. 

I also use Sepfahn with Blind Justice stance Exodia Hunt builds because the forward block combo on Blind Justice ends with a ground slam. Pretty much the exact same builds as Dokrahm but with Peye grip. 

While I appreciate the input, I did state that it HAS TO BE a polearm due to my tennogen choice. Still, I can see Seekalla and Vargeet as parts of your choice so that means I was going in the right direction. If I may ask, this Exodia Hunt Dokrahm of yours, how does it fare in Steel Path, especially vs Grineer?

2 hours ago, Lolzster said:

While I appreciate the input, I did state that it HAS TO BE a polearm due to my tennogen choice. Still, I can see Seekalla and Vargeet as parts of your choice so that means I was going in the right direction. If I may ask, this Exodia Hunt Dokrahm of yours, how does it fare in Steel Path, especially vs Grineer?

I was just suggesting Dokrahm because I think Twirling Spire is the only polearm stance with a ground slam in a combo(forward block combo I think). Dokrahm is just the easiest zaw to proc hunt and you don't have to do some silly jump slam to proc. 

Before the recent melee changes I had taken Dokrahm to max lvl SP in Mot and about lvl 5k in Taveuni. Dokrahm damage was still fine and I could have kept going if I wasn't playing on a stupid abomination helminth build and had revives left. 

my only comment is confirming that Attack Speed is the most important Stat for the Handle. because they didn't buff the Handles when they did the Melee pass over, and so taking a really slow Attack Speed only gains you like an extra 5% Damage while being like 50 or 60% slower. not worth.

Archived