Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma's 4th ability

(PSN)ITS_TH3GOD

Ik DE is somewhat going down the list of frames to keep "relevant" with each of their new releases, and a lot of chroma main stopped using him after the nerf(just like I'm waiting for them to somehow do something with limbo's 4th so i can play it in group missions).

What do yall think if they were to make his 4th ability as an exalted thing(kinda like savagoth, but you don't control it). One this I've heard a lot of people complain about from when chroma was released was that his 1 and 4th is useless. So I think that giving people the ability to mod his however they see fit would be a great way to fix that issue and make it so that both his 1 and 4 scale with enemy levels, or be like baruuk 's 4th and automatically go by the enemy's weakness.

I bring Chroma to Interception. Lets the group literally ignore an entire point, especially since Effigy is not affected by range. He's also fairly decent at Defense thanks to Effigy.

He does fall of hard outside of that content, however, and it'd be nice if DE would actually let Chroma be useful for more than one (1) mission type.

Also the problem with his 1 isn't the damage. It's the fact you aren't able to use weapons, that the damage effect follows his model rather than the camera, and that it just in general is outright bad. By tacking element cycling onto his 1, it's at least useful for SOMETHING now, but still overall crap.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Ik DE is somewhat going down the list of frames to keep "relevant" with each of their new releases, and a lot of chroma main stopped using him after the nerf(just like I'm waiting for them to somehow do something with limbo's 4th so i can play it in group missions).

What do yall think if they were to make his 4th ability as an exalted thing(kinda like savagoth, but you don't control it). One this I've heard a lot of people complain about from when chroma was released was that his 1 and 4th is useless. So I think that giving people the ability to mod his however they see fit would be a great way to fix that issue and make it so that both his 1 and 4 scale with enemy levels, or be like baruuk 's 4th and automatically go by the enemy's weakness.

Good idea, I usually use chroma for something hardcore, and his 2 and 3 save me all the time, but 1 doesn’t do that much damage, and why have it when you can just get a Ignis wraith and hold the trigger? 4th would be a good idea to mod, but like sevagoth it should have pre-installed potato. 1 is fun if you just wanna spit at enemies, but 4 is actually supposed to be a sentry. As well as being to mod it, a good idea if it could have some new abilities on its own, since it’s supposed to be a sentry. It can buff us and spit elements at enemies, but it should have more abilities like a giant shockwave ability that knocks down all enemies within the radius and acts like a emp, confusing enemies (Affect: Enemies within the radius will stagger and be knocked down, drones or moas in the radius will be disabled for a certain amount of time). I think like sevagoth we should be able to mod something called the “Exalted Sentry” and the “Exalted Breath” for example. The exalted breath is the thing he uses in his 1 and the sentry is his 4 (couldn’t come up with any names). Anyway, yes, we should be able to mod the sentry to make em more useful, and his weapon too.

Also, fix those wings. Chroma’s wings just look…. Bad. It looks like someone stuck 2 circles on his back and walked away. He’s supposed to be a dragon, (dragon themed) and the wings just really don’t fit, it needs to be more dragonic. Something that looks scaled/leathery, (still translucent like the normal wings) wide (not too wide that it bugs and it’s stuck in a wall/floor), long, just make it look more Draconic. It really bothers me when I see 2 circles slapped onto his back while he uses bullet jump.

9 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

I bring Chroma to Interception. Lets the group literally ignore an entire point, especially since Effigy is not affected by range. He's also fairly decent at Defense thanks to Effigy.

He does fall of hard outside of that content, however, and it'd be nice if DE would actually let Chroma be useful for more than one (1) mission type.

Also the problem with his 1 isn't the damage. It's the fact you aren't able to use weapons, that the damage effect follows his model rather than the camera, and that it just in general is outright bad. By tacking element cycling onto his 1, it's at least useful for SOMETHING now, but still overall crap.

False, you can melee while the 1 is active.

it they just made Effigy fly around with a proper fire breath attack dealing lots of elemental damage, and it didn't drain my energy only slightly slower than a Magnetic Proc, that would be enough for me. oh, and make his Spectral scream have the same breath. his breath should be a focused, devastating beam like the dragons in Game of Thrones.

this is what his Effigy should be doing to a line of Grineer:

Season 7 Hbo GIF by Game of Thrones

2 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it they just made Effigy fly around with a proper fire breath attack dealing lots of elemental damage, and it didn't drain my energy only slightly slower than a Magnetic Proc, that would be enough for me. oh, and make his Spectral scream have the same breath. his breath should be a focused, devastating beam like the dragons in Game of Thrones.

THIS IS WHAT I IMAGINED CHROMA

2 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

This should be true, de please make this dream a reality, please. 

Also follow the wings in that gif. Please. 

Effigy flame looks so unfocused and weak, just make it look more straight, powerful, solid, concentrated.

Make the spectral scream look like that too. PLEASE!

14 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

This is what his effigy and one should be like imho

7 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

This should be true, de please make this dream a reality, please. 

Also follow the wings in that gif. Please. 

Effigy flame looks so unfocused and weak, just make it look more straight, powerful, solid, concentrated.

Make the spectral scream look like that too. PLEASE!

They could make it like a laser?  Or maybe an area of effect?( if you watch fairy tail or Naruto where madara used that huge fire ball) 

I've played chroma since launch, never really connected with it as much since I feel like as a "dragon" his powers should all be more of an AOE(like how volt can stun an entire room/map) but his powers are quite lackluster.  Then his 4th, which is suppose to be more powerful is underwhelming and overall bad when it comes to doing steel path. When I saw that they made an augment for it, I honestly believed his 4th would be like wukong's clone(where it does OP dmg, has gud health and so on) but as it stands, the only thing the current augment does is make I able to move by aiming somewhere, which honestly is useless since I could just deactivate the power, go the place tht I want to put on lockdown and reactivate it there, simple and way easier.

30 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Good idea, I usually use chroma for something hardcore, and his 2 and 3 save me all the time, but 1 doesn’t do that much damage, and why have it when you can just get a Ignis wraith and hold the trigger? 4th would be a good idea to mod, but like sevagoth it should have pre-installed potato. 1 is fun if you just wanna spit at enemies, but 4 is actually supposed to be a sentry. As well as being to mod it, a good idea if it could have some new abilities on its own, since it’s supposed to be a sentry. It can buff us and spit elements at enemies, but it should have more abilities like a giant shockwave ability that knocks down all enemies within the radius and acts like a emp, confusing enemies (Affect: Enemies within the radius will stagger and be knocked down, drones or moas in the radius will be disabled for a certain amount of time). I think like sevagoth we should be able to mod something called the “Exalted Sentry” and the “Exalted Breath” for example. The exalted breath is the thing he uses in his 1 and the sentry is his 4 (couldn’t come up with any names). Anyway, yes, we should be able to mod the sentry to make em more useful, and his weapon too.

Also, fix those wings. Chroma’s wings just look…. Bad. It looks like someone stuck 2 circles on his back and walked away. He’s supposed to be a dragon, (dragon themed) and the wings just really don’t fit, it needs to be more dragonic. Something that looks scaled/leathery, (still translucent like the normal wings) wide (not too wide that it bugs and it’s stuck in a wall/floor), long, just make it look more Draconic. It really bothers me when I see 2 circles slapped onto his back while he uses bullet jump.

Yes one thing that always got me was the fact that the 4th ability only has 2 abilities, one active(the fire breath) and one passive(the one that is used to blow away enemies),this how I feel chroma should be

Based form: the 1st ability should be changed into and intimidating ability which makes enemies more vulnerable to his 4th or something better, and then the 4th can keep the spectral scream by do fly over every 2 or 3s like a real dragon, the effects stays in the area for period of time, the stun ability can stay the same, and his 3rd ability should use his wings somehow, like creating strong wind to push enemies back or do dive bombs on enemies. 

4 hours ago, (PSN)ITS_TH3GOD said:

I've played chroma since launch, never really connected with it as much since I feel like as a "dragon" his powers should all be more of an AOE(like how volt can stun an entire room/map) but his powers are quite lackluster.  Then his 4th, which is suppose to be more powerful is underwhelming and overall bad when it comes to doing steel path. When I saw that they made an augment for it, I honestly believed his 4th would be like wukong's clone(where it does OP dmg, has gud health and so on) but as it stands, the only thing the current augment does is make I able to move by aiming somewhere, which honestly is useless since I could just deactivate the power, go the place tht I want to put on lockdown and reactivate it there, simple and way easier.

Ok, idea for effigy:

1. Make it mod-ible like exalted weapons.

2. Make spectral scream moddable. 
3. Abilities for effigy:

A: passive, uses spectral scream as a weapon, and has 100% stasis chance, with each enemy hit by the spectral scream has a guaranteed status, with a default of 5 second status duration at rank 0 and 20 at rank 3, (can be changed using mods). 
B: Ability 1, increases with mods and ability ranks: Gives allies within a default of 15 meters and 40 meters at max rank (may be a bit op, but wisps buffs are transportable, so why not?) buffs such as damage reduction, increased damage, hit speed/fire rate, and additional elemental damage according to the effigy’s current element (for example if your on toxic mode and cast effigy, and you are using viral damage, the toxic part of it will increase when you receive the buff and give you more damage. If you are using gas damage for example and effigy is on electric mode, you will receive additional electric damage to your weapons but will not affect your combined damage, like it won’t be changed to corrosive if you receive the buff, and remain as gas with additional electric damage for the duration of the buff). 

c: ability 2: Emits a dragon roar and releases a shockwave/emp that will definitely stagger all enemies (excluding sisters, liches, assassins, and bosses), temporarily disables certain Corpus creations such as MOAS, drones, those sentry turrets you can find on the ceiling of some corpus tiles, and cameras in range (Note: Does not auto hack consoles or disable Kuva Fortress scanners).

D: Ability 3:  (seeing how chroma’s lich element is fire) Sends a wave of fire, extremely concentrated that it looks like a laser beam towards a large group of enemies, creating a wall of fire on the area where the enemies were hit, instantly setting the enemies on fire, (if they are not incinerated instantly since it’s a quick ability and deals tons of damage). 

You could also do the same thing but with a different element, but fire is the lich element so that would make sense.

E: Ability 4: The Exalted Flame. Will be used when there is a overwhelming amount of enemies by the sentry: The sentry enters a state of pure rage and concentrates all elemental energy (will change depending on the elemental state chroma chose when he cast the effigy). The sentry will be surrounded by a aura of the appropriate elemental energy (color changes depending on the appearance of chroma) and strikes enemies with elemental base attacks such as beams of elemental energy, melee based elemental attacks and occasional strikes from the bottom or sky, such as 5 balls of flame, ice spikes, electricity bolts, or splashes of toxic fluid.

Just an idea for a separate effigy, because this would be better than the one we have now.

By the way in my idea you can’t control the sentry, it’s AI like usual.

Also while sentry is active, you can use waypoints to direct where you want the sentry to be, so you can move it. Like if you accidently spawn the effigy in a Defense map but not on top of the cryopod, where you intended, you can mark a waypoint and it will fly towards the waypoint at remarkable speed. (Don’t actually try this, I meant that this is what you could do to move your sentry if my idea was real.) any enemy within 5 meters of the sentry while travelling will be thrown in the opposite direction (Sort of like when you soul punch a lancer and they rocket across the map and then hit the wall).

22 minutes ago, (PSN)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Yes one thing that always got me was the fact that the 4th ability only has 2 abilities, one active(the fire breath) and one passive(the one that is used to blow away enemies),this how I feel chroma should be

Based form: the 1st ability should be changed into and intimidating ability which makes enemies more vulnerable to his 4th or something better, and then the 4th can keep the spectral scream by do fly over every 2 or 3s like a real dragon, the effects stays in the area for period of time, the stun ability can stay the same, and his 3rd ability should use his wings somehow, like creating strong wind to push enemies back or do dive bombs on enemies. 

But before we do anything about flying, de has to fix those wings, it really disturbs me.

It’s supposed to be a sentry so it should act like 1. Having a shockwave that disables robots (not robot bosses), and instantly knocks down enemies and sends some flying toward the wall is actually what a sentry should do. Defend. Ability 3 wall/attack range increased with ability range and it will Deal a absurd amount of damage, like a sentry should do, ability 1, buffs, strengthen the allies (a sentry should do this). Don’t make the chroma effigy absurdly powerful but it should be more powerful than this, because it’s just weak right now.

29 minutes ago, (PSN)ITS_TH3GOD said:

Buffs/blow away should be ability 1 and spectral scream should be a passive. You can be a dragon/sentry without buffs, you can’t be 1 without a weapon.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

Ok, idea for effigy:

1. Make it mod-ible like exalted weapons.

2. Make spectral scream moddable. 
3. Abilities for effigy:

A: passive, uses spectral scream as a weapon, and has 100% stasis chance, with each enemy hit by the spectral scream has a guaranteed status, with a default of 5 second status duration at rank 0 and 20 at rank 3, (can be changed using mods). 
B: Ability 1, increases with mods and ability ranks: Gives allies within a default of 15 meters and 40 meters at max rank (may be a bit op, but wisps buffs are transportable, so why not?) buffs such as damage reduction, increased damage, hit speed/fire rate, and additional elemental damage according to the effigy’s current element (for example if your on toxic mode and cast effigy, and you are using viral damage, the toxic part of it will increase when you receive the buff and give you more damage. If you are using gas damage for example and effigy is on electric mode, you will receive additional electric damage to your weapons but will not affect your combined damage, like it won’t be changed to corrosive if you receive the buff, and remain as gas with additional electric damage for the duration of the buff). 

c: ability 2: Emits a dragon roar and releases a shockwave/emp that will definitely stagger all enemies (excluding sisters, liches, assassins, and bosses), temporarily disables certain Corpus creations such as MOAS, drones, those sentry turrets you can find on the ceiling of some corpus tiles, and cameras in range (Note: Does not auto hack consoles or disable Kuva Fortress scanners).

D: Ability 3:  (seeing how chroma’s lich element is fire) Sends a wave of fire, extremely concentrated that it looks like a laser beam towards a large group of enemies, creating a wall of fire on the area where the enemies were hit, instantly setting the enemies on fire, (if they are not incinerated instantly since it’s a quick ability and deals tons of damage). 

You could also do the same thing but with a different element, but fire is the lich element so that would make sense.

E: Like sevagoth’s reunite, Be Chroma once again with a maximum of 300 restored health depending on the amount of enemies killed.

Just an idea for a separate effigy, because this would be better than the one we have now.

By the way in my idea you can’t control the sentry, it’s AI like usual.

Also while sentry is active, you can use waypoints to direct where you want the sentry to be, so you can move it. Like if you accidently spawn the effigy in a Defense map but not on top of the cryopod, where you intended, you can mark a waypoint and it will fly towards the waypoint at remarkable speed. (Don’t actually try this, I meant that this is what you could do to move your sentry if my idea was real.) any enemy within 5 meters of the sentry while travelling will be thrown in the opposite direction (Sort of like when you soul punch a lancer and they rocket across the map and then hit the wall).

I feel like those would somewhat make it too OP though 

10 minutes ago, (PSN)ITS_TH3GOD said:

I feel like those would somewhat make it too OP though 

Felt that too, but you get the idea. It just needs to be more powerful than the current, but honestly, maybe you could make my idea a bit weaker, but right now all the sentry does is try to blow a wall of solid armour away, and try spit at them until they die. 100% status chance (guaranteed status chance) makes sense for his theme. He’s a dragon, if a dragon breathes fire on you, do you just feel hot?  No, you get set ablaze and burn to death if not incinerated immediately.

The best fire warframe is the Ignis Wraith. 

Ok, just look at the beam of the Ignis wraith. The fire effect on it, the way it shoots, is PERFECT. DAMN PERFECT! It’s exactly how fire looks like, it’s concentrated, it looks like smouldering FIRE. Now, look at spectral scream. When I look at it I don’t see a dragon’s breath, I see dust. Weird misshapen, semitransparent orange DUST. It’s not what fire is, but the Ignis wraith is the perfect example of what the spectral scream should be. Make the fire that comes from our dragon look like fire, like that beautiful Ignis wraith beam, make it more powerful like our favoured flamethrower, then slap that same spectral scream onto the effigy. 

9 minutes ago, imagemturbo said:

If the DE simply left the third skill as active consuming energy over time without needing to keep reactivating all the time it would be fine for me. I'm tired of having one eye on the mission and the other eye in the lower right corner watching the rest of the skill time.

3rd skill? Din’t you mean 4th?

50 minutes ago, (PSN)Reaper330011 said:

The best fire warframe is the Ignis Wraith. 

Ok, just look at the beam of the Ignis wraith. The fire effect on it, the way it shoots, is PERFECT. DAMN PERFECT! It’s exactly how fire looks like, it’s concentrated, it looks like smouldering FIRE. Now, look at spectral scream. When I look at it I don’t see a dragon’s breath, I see dust. Weird misshapen, semitransparent orange DUST. It’s not what fire is, but the Ignis wraith is the perfect example of what the spectral scream should be. Make the fire that comes from our dragon look like fire, like that beautiful Ignis wraith beam, make it more powerful like our favoured flamethrower, then slap that same spectral scream onto the effigy. 

It would be good if effigy stripped armor too but I don't think it does(last I checked atleast, unless they changed something) honestly at this point I feel like all frames should have armor stripping abilities cause the armor in the game make all enemies in high levels become either a bullet sponge or a 1shot kill, they need to balance weapon dmg-> armor ratio where things aren't 1 shot kills but also not bullet sponges, that's one of the primary issue with the game(other than lack of content and so on). I honestly agree with what you said before ability wise, but I highly doubt DE would do any of those, heck perfect example is loki, all of his abilities are useless other than his invisible and radial disarm, an issue that's been there for a looong time and DE still haven't reworked him.

27 minutes ago, imagemturbo said:

If the DE simply left the third skill as active consuming energy over time without needing to keep reactivating all the time it would be fine for me. I'm tired of having one eye on the mission and the other eye in the lower right corner watching the rest of the skill time.

I think the main issue with that was the rate of which it was consuming abilities, I honestly prefer the countdown over the actively consuming my energy. 

5 minutes ago, (PSN)ITS_TH3GOD said:

I think the main issue with that was the rate of which it was consuming abilities, I honestly prefer the countdown over the actively consuming my energy. 

Agree, or just make the energy rate as low as spectral scream. I can last 5 whole minutes using spectral scream. Countdowns betters though.

Archived