Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ergo Glast's merchandise rotation

Zrima

I finally got enough corrupted holokeys to buy a Tenet melee weapon, and now I have to ask : is there any reason why Ergo's merchandise tab takes a whooping 4 whole days to change?

The last selection was not very good, but I was close to the weapon rotation, so I waited. The new rotation is absolutely atrotious, both in damage type and numbers...

But that wouldn't be too bad I knew that tomorrow a new batch would be there, instead of 4 days of nothing and waiting.

There's no intentive to get more keys if my reward is waiting.

I guess DE Overestimated just how much 'fun' RJ for holokeys was going to be.

they assumed we would be playing it continuously anyway just because RJ is SO Awesome! Steve's baby after all!

thus the Merchandise Rotation was going to be the Bottleneck to keep us from maxing out our Tenet weapons all in the first week.

Didn't work out that way tho,

turns out RJ and holokey grind is hated,

so instead of having millions of holokeys, we only grind Just Enough to buy one weapon each and sit on them waiting for a perfect roll, cause I'll be damned if I'm going to buy multiples and Fusion them.

7 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

so instead of having millions of holokeys, we only grind Just Enough to buy one weapon each and sit on them waiting for a perfect roll, cause I'll be damned if I'm going to buy multiples and Fusion them.

Hek I didn't even do that.
I just bought the weapons and am planning on not using them or fusing them up.

Sure I might pull out the heavy blade every once in a while because of its slam attacks, but hek no am I going to spend -any- time at all trying to make the weapon better.  Especially since it has taken me 8ish hours per weapon (and yes I actually timed myself going through fairly efficient missions in a squad and to earn the last weapon I needed for mastery it took me 8 hours to get 40 holokeys) to earn the holokeys needed to just buy them so I can have the mastery.

And it's not like I hate RJ, I actually have a little fun in that mode.  Its the time vs reward (or lack there-of) of holokeys that is utterly atrocious.
If every void storm guaranteed holokeys upon completion, with a chance to earn some extra if you were lucky, maybe grinding out the melees wouldn't be so bad....but that's just not the case.  DE wanted some BS combination of RNG and token system.

On 2021-09-14 at 12:40 AM, Zrima said:

is there any reason why Ergo's merchandise tab takes a whooping 4 whole days to change?

DE's own words on the reason was that: "We don't want players maxing out their melee weapons in one week"
That's the entire reason.  And its just not a very good one.

Archived