Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adjustable Mod Levels

Bones76

DE stated that if implemented it would revert your fusion level permanently. Meaning if you had a Rare 10, and underclocked it to rare 9. You would have to gather a load more fusion cores and credits to get it back up to 10 again....

Lol, That would be total BS.

This is something I have wished could be an option for a long time now. When DE said that it had potential to be implemented in the future I was so very excited. Right up until they said it would require re fusing (with the standard amount of cores/duplicates/junk and credits) to get back up to a higher level.

HOW? HOOWWW?!!?! How no-one thought this? 100000% agree

It has before : https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/38278-underclocking-mods-mentioned-on-livestream/?hl=underclock

It got mentioned in livestream but nothing got done about it.

Thank you for finding that, I remembered this idea from before and DE's take on it and was trying to find it but could not for the life of me remember what it was called. You are my hero of the night.

Just thought about posting the same thing, and here it is.

I would really love to see this implemented. Makes no sense IMO that I gotta keep multiple copies of the same mod, if I don't always need it at max rank. It's even more the case with mods like glaive's Quick Return or Rebound - when the upgraded mod is not just plain better. It's what you try and set to your liking... Shouldn't have to fuse another mod for that.

This is a much needed feature, +1.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to lie:

it is a great idea but I would be &!$$ed about all the credits and mods that I would have wasted fusing multiples of the same mod for various situations. I have multiple value verisons of most of my mods, and indeed, a great many mods for which i have every possible rank (e.g. a version of cryo-rounds un-leveled, plus one at level one, one at level two, etc.).

Getting my bank of mods at multiple values was a huge investment for me. Huge! Much though I would appreciate not having to continue to go though with it with some of my rarer mods (blind rage, narrowminded, rage, etc.), I would be pretty sore about my wasted mod copies and all the time/credits/fusion cores, etc. that went into them.

So...

My basic point is that there are underlying fairness issues here. Not that fairness issues necessarily trump all other issues, or that this fairness issue couldn't be mitigated/resolved through some other mechanism (like, uh, can I get all those credits and fusion cores refunded please, Mr. Derf Anyo?) -- but the basic fairness issue is there and this should definitely carry significant weight. I don't think that it is the simple and obvious win-win that it seems many of you take it to be.

Edited by Toe_ma

<snip>

My basic point is that there are underlying fairness issues here. Not that fairness issues necessarily trump all other issues, or that this fairness issue couldn't be mitigated/resolved through some other mechanism (like, uh, can I get all those credits and fusion cores refunded please, Mr. Derf Anyo?) -- but the basic fairness issue is there and this should definitely carry significant weight. I don't think that it is the simple and obvious win-win that it seems many of you take it to be.

I know personally I was just disappointed that of all the possible options available to help balance this idea the one DE put forward was the one that made the execution of this idea most unappealing. At least that's how it felt like to me.

Here's other ideas that offer a possible solution for making it cost something but not be quite so punishing off the top of my head:

You need to build a mod tuning machine in the foundry, you can't throttle mods until you build this. Make it expensive, make it cost only rare mats to build, make it clan tech. There are lots of options with this suggestion.

Have it just cost credits to raise and lower.

As you yourself suggested return the credits and fusion cores used to rank the mod up when you de-level it.

Have it cost resources to raise and lower.

I'm actually doing the same with my mods while I wait for something like this to be added to the game. That is a risk I took. No ones choice but my own. There is no "fairness issue" here. You chose to do something, the rest of the game population should not be punished for it. (anyone who does this is what? 0.001% of the total population?) You want to punish the 99.999% the players because you _chose_ to do something knowing the game  can and will evolve at any time?

Give me a break.

Mods with selectable variable levels should've been in the game for a while now. And if they implement the "go back, have to lvl again" nonsense then nothing will change since the problem is mods across multiple equipment. Plus, such an option would be best just ignored considering how difficult some of the most common mods are to max.

This idea would make putting together builds so much more convenient, but wouldn't this alter a balance in the game?

I mean wouldn't this affect the cycle of mods in the game? Now I know no one likes grinding for anything, (or maybe just most people) but being able to adjust leveled mods would remove the need to collect more mods once you've collected all the mods you want. 

Isn't part of the fun putting together your arsenal to create some powerful or fun builds? Maybe it's just me. However, if this was implemented, I would definitely appreciate the feature haha. 

Edited by Torhque

This idea would make putting together builds so much more convenient, but wouldn't this alter a balance in the game?

I mean wouldn't this affect the cycle of mods in the game? Now I know no one likes grinding for anything, (or maybe just most people) but being able to adjust leveled mods would remove the need to collect more mods once you've collected all the mods you want. 

Isn't part of the fun putting together your arsenal to create some powerful or fun builds? Maybe it's just me. However, if this was implemented, I would definitely appreciate the feature haha. 

Time played 628 hours.

Mods Collected 263 / 279

I don't think we have anything to worry about.

• 3 weeks later...

Would you be able to raise it again back to the point you had it at before? (Without having to fuse it)

That's the idea, yes. Once you've maxed out a mod, you should be able to alter its level indefinitely (i.e. up or down)

Edited by Bones76

I would love this. It would make it much easier to make more robust builds for weapons that I haven't forma'd the crap out of yet like others. I mean after I spend all the time leveling serration or split barrel it sucks that I can't use it because it takes up so much mod points forcing me to start working on a second version of the mod. I love this idea +1

Edited by Chaz_Darkbane