Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanity shredding repetition, and a realization

(PSN)Votrae

Overall, the writing and voice acting in WF is excellent.  However, the player's dialogue experience is so totally dominated by unrelenting, unvaried repetition that I've grown to dread several mission types. But I've finally figured out why this game feels like such an outlier on the topic: there are virtually no mission-critical automated warning sounds/tones/beeps. They are spoken. 

Example: survival missions and life support systems. There's one or two phrases Lotus will say at ~50%, two phrases at ~25% and one or two at ~15%. There is no maybe/chance/variety here. She will repeat these phrases over and over and over and over depending on corresponding %. Players just move from one batch of aural spam to the next, and then back to previous batch of spam, depending on life support %.  No maybes.  The whole mission. 

Very similar situation with Excavation missions, with even less variety. 

Tripling (or more) of the available audio cues would help to save brain cells, but that's not a reasonable expectation.  Please consider tolerable automation of relevant in-mission audible alerts. 

I have explored configurations of hints and creator mode on/off with no meaningful improvement. Would love a solution that didn't involve the community's "turn it off lol" proposal. C'est la vie!  Thanks for reading

Archived