Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prosecutors, Alarms and the Ceres Junction

operator-verona

I am a somewhat new account trying to get to the main questline.
The Ceres-Jupiter junction requires the player to kill a Prosecutor.
Spawning a Prosecutor requires the enemies in a non-endless mission to activate the alarms upon detecting you.
The problem is that enemies don't do that.

I spent around 5 hours trying to get the enemies to activate the alarms on a level on Ceres. About 10 attempts EACH on every non-endless mission node on the planet. Running around shooting my guns (alerting guns, not silent) and alerting everyone.

• Killing them, not killing them.
  • Doing the objectives, failing the objectives.
  • Capturing the target, not capturing the target.
  • Solo or with a team

I have tried to make them activate an alarm and they just do not do it. They run to cover and shoot at me until I either die or kill them. If I flee, they go back into the non-alert state and open to finishers. For hours. It doesn't work. Something is broken in their awareness states. I even intentionally tripped on the alarms in spy nodes. They start countdowns and everything gets alerted but apparently the general alarmed state isn't same as spy vault alert state.

Please give me some kind of a workaround because this is ridiculous.

While it is theoretically possible that it's a PC-only bug, I suspect you're just getting unlucky.

Just went into Kiste (Ceres Mobile Defence) specifically to test this and got a procecutor show up during the 2nd terminal (without doing anything extra).

Mobile defences are probably better for this kinds of things because you are standing in the same spot for extended periods of time and the enemies are coming to you. Also, Hijack might be a decent choice (for similar reasons)

If you want Prosecutor, start Rescue mission on Ceres. There is a chance one of Guardsmen will be Prosecutor. This is much easier. Just start mission, go to rescue target, look for prosecutor - if there is not one, restart.

All this information you could find on Wiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Guardsman

• Prosecutors are most commonly found in the Rescue mission Nuovo on Ceres. The Lotus will warn the Tenno of the Prosecutors appearance. They will then be found patrolling the area, near the prisoner. The Tenno will want to do this for the Jupiter Junction. Note that it is not a guaranteed chance, so you may have to run the mission a couple times.

3 hours ago, parabashka said:

If you want Prosecutor, start Rescue mission on Ceres. There is a chance one of Guardsmen will be Prosecutor. This is much easier. Just start mission, go to rescue target, look for prosecutor - if there is not one, restart.

All this information you could find on Wiki: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Guardsman

• Prosecutors are most commonly found in the Rescue mission Nuovo on Ceres. The Lotus will warn the Tenno of the Prosecutors appearance. They will then be found patrolling the area, near the prisoner. The Tenno will want to do this for the Jupiter Junction. Note that it is not a guaranteed chance, so you may have to run the mission a couple times.

I read the wiki multiple times already and know everything about it. Like I already wrote, I did rescue, capture, md and spy about 10 times each. I already did all that. Also asked around in region for tips, someone from new player help chat came along with me and we couldn't get one to spawn together either. For hours. In the end they gave up.
If this isn't broken and this is really how the game is intended to be, then it's ever worse than if it was broken. Tying the MAINLINE game progression to a spawn so rare that it seems like the game is broken has to be the most frustrating dev decision I've ever seen in a video game.

Yes, you are right. Just checked Nuovo mission couple of times. Some of wardens instead of prosecutors was regular guardsmen and didn't count as wardens at all. I suggest you to create ticket on support with as much information as you could, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to continue further into the game.

From what I know and observed, Prosecutors tend to spawn during Standard Mission (Exterminate, Rescue, Spy, Hijack, Mobile Defense, Sabotage & Capture) - but with Alarm Triggered condition.

But the concern now is that enemies are having bug and not trigger alarm in standard missions, and I have raised this months ago.

and Megan replied that they're looking into this issue:-

Before the bug being resolved, all I can say that try use any Grineer Fraction based mission -> Grineer Shipyard tileset in Ceres (i.e. basically on-land mission in Ceres):-

1. Mobile Defense missions (i.e. enemies defaulted to Alarm Triggered states when defending terminal);

2. Capture (i.e. enemies auto turn into Alarm Trigger states when Target aware of you nearby and start to run, after target being capture enemies will stay around 2-3 minutes in Alarm Trigger states before enemies alerting state regress back to Alert, Cautious or Unalerted); or

3. Hijack (i.e. When mission starts, enemies will set to Alarm Triggered states)

Additional Tips/Tricks to increase the chances of Prosecutor spawn (i.e. works with/without bug), concepts as below:-

1. Get more players in squad while doing the mission (i.e. number of enemies spawn in game are affected by number of players, more enemies spawn = more chances in getting Prosecutor out)

2. When in Alarm Triggered states kill enemies around to trigger new enemies to spawn, kill more enemies = more enemies spawn, more enemies spawn = more chances in getting Prosecutor out.

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Nope, that is not how Prosecutors are spawned.

So do you mind to share how does Prosecutors spawn as you know?

At least that's what I can recall how they used to spawn before alarm having issue triggering now, and as Warframe Wiki pointed.

• Prosecutors are likely to spawn after alarms have been triggered.

1 hour ago, YouDontCB_87 said:

So do you mind to share how does Prosecutors spawn as you know?

At least that's what I can recall how they used to spawn before alarm having issue triggering now, and as Warframe Wiki pointed.

• Prosecutors are likely to spawn after alarms have been triggered.

Prosecutors are an RNG spawn. They have never been dependent on the enemies activating the alarms. The line you quoted from the wiki, the key word to take away from that is "likely". It means that whoever typed that doesn't actually know if alarms bring Prosecutors or increases the chance of one spawning. I'm speaking from my personal experience playing on Ceres. The main frame I tend to play is Ivara Prime, so I'm in stealth for most of the missions. The enemies can't trigger an alarm if they don't see me and I've had Prosecutors spawn quite frequently, sometimes even had two Prosecutors spawn in the same mission.

Possible point out which mission type you got them spawn frequently? 'Cause what you experienced can be very subjective and vague if you can't point out which mission type and the condition on how you encounter Prosecutor frequently.

On top of this, the alarm trigger condition I suggested was to make Prosecutor spawn more frequently by making the spawning of Prosecutor become actively (i.e. become a more controllable factor) instead of just running any missions and hope Prosecutor spawned by mission passively.

Interestingly, from my experience, I was spamming Loki in every mission back then and rarely encounter Prosecutors spawn regularly in mission in Ceres Grineer Shipyard tileset that without alarm triggered conditions.

Grineer Shipyard tileset mission with Alarm Triggered Condition:

1. Lex - Capture (during capture and after capture 2-3 minutes) 

2. Kiste - Mobile Defense (defaulted to alarm trigger when objective active)

3. Casta - Defense (Endless, which defaulted to alarm trigger when objective active)

4. Bode - Spy (alarm triggered by enemies, before having issue trigger alarm issue existing now)

5. Ludi - Hijack - (enemies defaulted to alarm trigger when objective active)

6. Ker - Sabotage (alarm triggered by enemies, before having issue trigger alarm issue existing now)

7. Cinxia - Interception (Endless, which defaulted to alarm trigger when objective active)

8. Pallas - Exterminate (alarm triggered by enemies, before having issue trigger alarm issue existing now)

9. Nuovo - Rescue (Possibility to encounter inside Prison; or alarm triggered by enemies, before having issue trigger alarm issue existing now)

10. Exta - Assassination (surprisingly boss fight aren't defaulted to alarm triggered; or alarm triggered by enemies, before having issue trigger alarm issue existing now)

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

I'm speaking from my personal experience playing on Ceres. The main frame I tend to play is Ivara Prime, so I'm in stealth for most of the missions. The enemies can't trigger an alarm if they don't see me and I've had Prosecutors spawn quite frequently, sometimes even had two Prosecutors spawn in the same mission.

Hence, the missions you were playing with Ivara Prime that can't trigger an alarm are restricted and listed as below:

1. Exterminate (with no alarm trigger)

2. Sabotage (with no alarm trigger)

3. Rescue (the only highest chance in getting Prosecutor is in Prison area)

4. Spy (with no alarm trigger)

5. Assassination (with no alarm trigger)

Archived