Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Vault For Weapons & Warframes (Vault Slots)

Casardis

This is an idea that went through after reading several topics, including this one: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/128779-dojo-too-boring-give-me-a-reason-to-stay-there-for-more-than-2mins/?p=1538611

This is an idea of having additional interactions in the Barracks (will need a special one for Ghost Clans) that allow for more weapon and warframe slots. Examples given here will focus on weapon slots.

In the Barracks you'll have both a Warframe and weapons "vault". From there, you have the option to donate platinum in order to buy more slots, which will differ a bit from your regular, personal slots. All details are below the image.

The arsenal will look like this if you have one weapon vault slot in the dojo:

1. The vault slot will be highlighted differently (here I just put a blue border and the [VAULT] text besides the weapon's name)

2. You will have the option to move your weapons in the vault to your main inventory (if you want to use it), or move a weapon in your inventory to a vault slot.

eGsObM4.jpg

How the (weapon) vault will work

- When a vault weapon slot is unlocked, it will give it to all clan members, so everyone has their personal vault slot (I know I know, stay with me here!)

--- You will keep the vault weapon slots only if you're still in the clan; migrating from clan to clan will make you lose their respective vault slots, avoiding such obvious exploit.

--- If you decide to leave your clan, and still have weapons in your vault slot, you'll have a prompt about your weapons in the vault. It will last for a final confirmation if:

1) we want to sell those vaulted weapons and leave the clan.

2) we want to bring those weapons into our inventory (only available if you have personal slots left).

3) we want to refuse, thus canceling the process of leaving the clan.

- To unlock more slots, you need to pay with platinum. They cost more than the 12P for 2 slots, and will depend on your clan tier to balance costs. However, everyone in the clan can contribute in the platinum, much like resources for building rooms

--- For example, a Ghost Clan will requires 20 platinum for a single weapon slot. If you have 4 clan mates, everyone can put 5 plat in, which means they technically save 2 platinum if they buy two vault slots together. Additionally, someone who is more generous can donate more platinum for their clan, if someone is out of platinum.

---- This will encourage further clan contribution since it directly benefits everyone in some ways.

Issues and Exploits

- Someone can create a ghost clan and create several accounts in order to contribute for free slots probably, similarly to Formas (though I'm sure creating several accounts like that is not a good idea and you're legible to get banned). Not sure how DE addresses the latter issue yet, but this system will suffer in the same way if not careful.

- Reasonable balancing must be made with the platinum costs for each tier, since a Mountain Clan of 110 members won't benefit as much as a 300-members Mountain Clan.

--- This may encourage "strength in numbers" even more, which can be both a good and bad thing.

- There will always be leechers, people who will join a clan with many slots unlocked just to get the free ones for themselves, and not actually contributing to clan activity. The importance of this aspect depends from player to player, clan to clan.

--- A sort-of solution to that is a fixed number of vault slots you can get so people aren't lured into clans with huge number of slots. Whether the limit should depend on clan tier or not, I don't have an opinion on it yet.

- (Credits to Lumi) If a higher-ranked clan member wants to kick out another one, then there will be issues in how the slots will be removed. I currently don't have good solutions to deal with that.

--- Suggestions by Lumi:

~ DE/Darvo could seize them and sell them back to you for credits once you buy slots.
"Oh hey, look what I stumbled upon while I was exploring the system... What? It's yours? Well... I'll tell you what, for the price of 100k credits, you can have it back."

~ Hm, they could always just make Darvo say that, then say, "Hm, you know what... you're a great business partner. You generate looots of profit. I'll tell you what, you make some room in your inventory and I'll let you have it for free."

Edited by Casardis

Then there would be no point of buying slots themselves

Except having slots.

Vault slots could be limited so that a large enough arsenal would require a person to buy their own. This would mostly just help new players who aren't fully committed to the idea of paying to hoard.

Then there would be no point of buying slots themselves

That's why I talked about the cost. It's technically more costly to buy clan slots unless the whole clan put their resources together (Ghost Clan would be 20P for 1 slot, as opposed to 12P for 2 slots). Therefore, if your clan doesn't want/have the platinum to spare, you're better off buying personal slots like we do right now.

It will give more reasons to have an active clan that contributes, and you won't have to buy personal slots only if the rest of the people are willing to put their Plat in with you (if you're the only one who needs a slot, others may not see worthwhile to contribute, depending on your clan relations, and in that sense you should just use the 12P for 2 slots).

• 2 weeks later...

This is a fantastic idea. The slots would need to be quite a bit more expensive than the standard ones to balance it out though.

Sorry I didn't notice this reply! XD Yeah I agree on that, which is why there needs to be certain balancing so that it's not expensive to the point of being non-profitable.

This is harder to pull though, at least for me since I'm not good with maths and economics. I used the 20P for Ghost Clan with the idea of 4 members as a relatively reasonable count (so that a single-man Ghost Clan can't profit from it as an exploit, while a very small tightly-knit clan will).