Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exiting Open world via menu does not appear to retain your bonus XP

Oreades

Quick Summation, had an arcgun that was almost capped to the point that I didn't feel like going through an additional Arcwing mission to finish it. So slapped it on a voidrig and picked some fights on the plains of eidolon. Racked up enough XP (including bonus XP) to reach max level and exited the plains via the menu system as apposed to heading all the way back to the gate. 

That resulted in the game incorrectly treating the freeroam extraction as a mission failure and not honoring the bonus XP resulting in the gun being lvl 29 when I loaded back to my orbiter. 

I repeated that exactly to cap the arcgun at 30 (with bonus XP) again and exited through the gate instead of exiting through the menu and that resulted in the game honoring the bonus XP. 

Exiting freeroam through the menu is not the same as mission failure and should be retaining the accumulated bonus XP. 

8 hours ago, (PSN)TrueDeMoN100 said:

As far as I know I believe that is correct what had happened when you leave through the menu that should actually count as a abort since you did not head to extraction to complete the mission therefore you forfeit the xp you've obtained.

Yes that's how it functions now, I tested it but I would like you to ask yourself why and what purpose does that serve? 

For normal missions it makes sense because you have abandoned the mission BUT the open world content != normal missions.

You are simply wondering around doing whatever, even if you where to take up a bounty and fail/abandon it the game would still reward you your bonus XP if you leave through the gate. So why are players punished for exiting via the menu to travel directly to their orbiter? 

When the only difference is the travel time to get to the gate and sitting through two loading screens instead of one? 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

You answered your own question incorrectly so I corrected it for you in Bold.

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

It's a statement, not a question but an attempt was made (I guess?) so have a gold star for participation. 

Wanted to test out and see because the last holdout scenario I could come up with that I wanted to see how the game handled it. 

Since the game allows you to leave your squad at any time in open world for your own instance and then exit the plains solo I wanted to see how the game handled that scenario with regards to bonus XP and unsurprisingly since the game does not count host migration as a failure it honored the bonus XP IF you exited through the gate.

So the only scenario where the player is punished for their method of extraction is if they wish to go directly to their orbiter and skip an extra loading screen. 

Again exiting freeroam through the menu is not the same as mission failure and should be retaining the accumulated bonus XP. 

10 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Why does the game even have to go through a Loading Screen for Host Migrations 🤔 ?

Unfortunately with Warframe being Peer to Peer, that's the nature of the beast. One client needs to be converted into hosting mode and the rest reconnected to them. 

2 hours ago, Oreades said:

Unfortunately with Warframe being Peer to Peer, that's the nature of the beast. One client needs to be converted into hosting mode and the rest reconnected to them. 

Here's the thing though....

Why doesn't this Happen when you change Hosts in a Relay ? 🤔

32 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Then what's stopping them from running the rest of the game that way ? 🤔

Server/bandwidth cost,

tho that isn't what this is about this is about how the menu based extraction in openworld content is treating it as a mission failure when it isn't. 

I think they should make it work like railjack mission. If they somehow turn bounty into mission it would be good enough. So after each bounty success, the previous progress should be saved if we exit out. only thing that need to be rly worked on would be the gathering and stuff. 

The best solution for us if its possible though is dynamic kind of mission where it only end after we extract as it is. But also work when we exit out. But this seems to require host migration in the process which would make it feel so terrible to wait that long. If they can develop a workaround for this open world would feel so much better. 

At the very least maybe they can put multiple extract zones within the open world instead of just the one. maybe the rest being extracts that send you straight to orbiter

Archived