Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Area to defend/draw enemy out is too large in Cetus bounties

Berzerkules

The area to defend or draw enemies out is entirely to large IMO. Enemy radar can't possibly cover that much area so you're left wandering around aimlessly looking for a few random enemies. I could gimp my build and slot 4/10 mod slots on frame for enemy radar and primed animal instinct on companion for 141m radius or 282m diameter and it wouldn't cover the outer ~50m of the circle we have to defend.

The mini map in the top corner doesn't even cover half of the area to defend so modding for enemy radar is pointless if you can't see the map anyways. Sure, I could swap to overlay but then it's difficult to see enemies and I'm stuck switching back and forth from mini map to overlay. 

I could form a group or join pubs but that's a crap shoot too. It's not uncommon that some random in your squad does something to fail the bonus or just afk to get rewards without contributing. 

This is one of the many reasons I despise running bounties. I run one bounty and don't get the bonus not because the content is too difficult but because I waste time just searching for enemies. It's just luck on where enemies spawn in and if I happen to go in the right direction and see them. I'm done for the day, I want to farm Caliban but it's not worth my time getting frustrated missing out on drop chances when there is nothing I can do to effect the outcome. 

Poor design when your success or failure isn't decided by your ability to preform in a mission but your luck of finding enemies or getting them to spawn at all. 

Here are a couple screen shots from the one Narmer bounty I ran before logging off for the day. After I failed the bonus I dropped a waypoint on the edge of the circle and went straight across to screenshot.

320 m diameter is about 80,000 square meters or about 20 acres of area to find enemies.

GqBRX2i.png

340m diameter is about 90,000 square meters or 22 acres to defend. 

Rn6FkpB.png

I must be a masochists because I took an almost 2 hour break and came back for more.

This is a good one here. There is a cave that enemies spawn in so you are defending above and below ground. Pretty sure there are dozens of threads dating back years documenting this. 

Just keep throwing new frames into bounties without fixing long standing problems...

Only 313m diameter this time.

f4MJKEC.png

3 bounties today, failed bonus on 2 and game crashed on the 3rd. 

2 hours ago, HiddenKazuma said:

+1 to this. The variant on Deimos is actually fun because the area is small enough to guard effectively. The one for Cetus is just obnoxiously large.

It almost like they realized it was a problem and adjusted for deimos but never fixed cetus. 

8 hours ago, Berzerkules said:

I give up. I'll throw plat at every single item locked behind bounties from now on. I'm not wasting my time in open worlds ever again

I started doing this Aswell...

Pay To Not Play....

I feel might be Taking another Break Soon.... I just have to Stick Pile some more Forma Blueprints 👍 !!!

Archived