Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People leaching in missions (e.g. just standing in the index, not even whatching their computer)

LelouchSDark

People in the Index just standing there without walking a step, without a kill or point, doing nothing making millions of credits not even watching their computer.

Also people in bounties, just fishing, hunting pets, and doing other things, without participating in the bounties, the worst of all is that when I asked in the global chat how to report them, people in the global chat just were saying that they would want such teammates and that it is a good thing... Such S#&$ty community, really? I was struggling in that bounties with someone that left, another one that just die each 15 seconds and can't do anything and the other one just doing another staff that didn't contribute anything to us (It seems that if he gets those things far away we don't get anything, but he still gets the bounties rewards). I do all the hard work, and they get all the rewards, I can't play like, I want teammates that help me, no teammates that just make more spawns.

That's a tricky one. A lot of times players will be matched with others who can just carry them with a sneeze.

I suspect that when people say they would want such teammates that wander around or are actually at risk of dying, they're referencing (and implying lamentation about) how some teammates are so focused on grinding that they bring God's Own Nuke in order to finish a mission blazingly fast with the most minimal (if it exists) risk of failure, which doesn't leave much room for teamwork.

That said, of course, it means that an expectation of "I don't need your help" is established, so if someone gets matched to you and you do actually need help, they may well not know it because they're so used to the teammate who can carry the entire squad by themselves. And also, sometimes you'll get matched with people who just don't want to help; a risk of PUBs, I'm afraid.

🤔 I wonder what would happen if you mentioned that you aren't a demigod and that you'll need help for a mission. I suspect there's a good chance that someone would respond and try to help (not everyone's a jerk)

8 minutes ago, LelouchSDark said:

Also people in bounties, just fishing, hunting pets, and doing other things, without participating in the bounties, the worst of all is that when I asked in the global chat how to report them, people in the global chat just were saying that they would want such teammates and that it is a good thing... Such S#&$ty community, really?

Most people can solo the index/bounties with a full squad. These people are more than happy to taxi someone because it benefits them by having more enemy spawns. But I guess the people that are unable to solo these get forgotten about - they seem easy to someone that can. You cannot fairly blame the community for this, as the issue is you needing people to help you with it. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing at all wrong with needing help. It is just not fair to blame the community. The majority of the community seem to be pretty helpful when treated properly (in my experience).

• I sometimes end up running around an open world forgetting I have public on. I will be doing my own thing and someone else joins and does a bounty. My assumption is that they are fine to run it unless they ask for help (or I notice them having problems). If they do need help of course I go and help them. We just have different goals.
  • Sometimes I start a bounty to slowly do as I work my way around the locations to look for materials. If I forget to take it off public people join me. Again, we have different goals, but I still stop what I am doing to help if they need me to.

If you feel like you have to report someone make sure it is a fair report. Someone may have had to AFK unexpectedly and not have time to mention it. Phone calls and people at the door are good examples. So at least make sure you ask them to help, or see if they give a reason they are not helping. It is polite and would help your report - if they state they do not want to help it is good to have for your report.

1. Screenshot/record the problematic person(s). Do make sure you provide sufficient evidence. A timestamped chat may help as it can quickly show how long they have been a problem. Because you are asking them what is going on the time will be there. Also make sure to get an image of the mission complete/summary screen.
  2. Go to the Support site: here
  3. Login and submit a report. You want the "Report User or Hack" option.
  4. Add an appropriate subject.
  5. Thoroughly explain the issue. Do include times and such (your evidence should have these).
  6. Attach the screenshots/video(s). Make sure they have logical names - that makes it easy to refer to them in your explanation. IMG155609 is not helpful. But LelouchSDark AFK 1, LelouchSDark AFK 2, LelouchSDark AFK 3 etc. could be helpful.
  7. Submit the report to DE. Remember you have to be polite. Coming across as abusing towards the player will not help.

your description of the index players means they get no credits as they are afk timer'd losing out on any rewards.

the players doing nightwave objectives in bounties. hit leave squad before your to far into the bounty and you will get new players match in. 

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I know what you are talking about OP. They join The Index and avoid all fighting by standing in corners far from fights never picking up a single Token. Cuz tokens give you aggro and lower your life.  Y staying on opposite sides of where the fivhts are happening they are safer. I actually just got out of a run where someone whom not be named cuz we cant call players out did this. We all had high kills and moderate turn ins but he had zero and zero. I asked why he wasnt doing anything he didnt respond. I rant to him and watched and he just kind moved around like a bot. When I messaged him after and asked if he “enjoyed getting carried” he sent a message back saying “I got paid didnt I, deal with it.” And it is this very attitude and leeching I dislike. Should I have said that? No. But I wanted to know if he was there or a bot or just couldnt do anything due to weapons being low level. For the record when I inspected him he had decent get to do some damage and at least coulda stuck nearby to help out to some degree instead of bouncing from dark corner to dark corner doing Nothing.

Archived