Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

AFK affinity/focus leeching in ESO since 30.9.0: it feels like it's gotten worse - is this actually against TOS, and how do we go about reporting it, if applicable?

ninemil

It feels like there's been a massive uptick in AFK leeching in ESO, since 30.9.0. While I noticed this pretty much immediately, I was hoping it might be a short-term thing, as people cleared their backlog of build changes. Sadly, it hasn't.

I get that in the earlier rounds, it can be quite hard to contribute meaningfully if there's a nuke frame, such as Saryn or Mirage. I'm not specifically referring to situations where it's largely impossible to kill anything, because one player has the map on lockdown, since more often than not this isn't the squad makeup when leechers go afk. They go into ESO intending to, and stand around regardless of how the rest of the group is coping.

I had a particularly bad instance of this today that really grated, as the player in question was also griefing by intentionally standing in my line of sight while doing so, trying to trigger a knockback from my AoE weapon. Presumably that was 'amusing' to them. I made certain that the obstacle wasn't the player's Wukong twin, and then asked them to move, only to get a tirade of racism in response. That stung, since I was playing Trin, and clearly feeding the other players in the instance that were contributing.

Wukong seems to be the favourite frame to do this on, as his twin creates the illusion of contribution to the other players in the instance. I don't know if there's a way of limiting the affectiveness of that, the way Excalibur Umbra's health pool does in The Index?

Either way, my question is thus: is AFK leeching actually against TOS, and if so, what category should we be using to report it? And if it isn't currently against TOS, my feedback is thus: can I appeal to support to perhaps reconsider their stance on afking.

In my opinion there has been a noticeable uptick in AFK overall since Prime Resurgence kicked in.

What I would like to see (instead of cryptic "standing still too long"-/"passive"-filter) is some sort of "not contributing"-meter.

After all, Warframe is a co-op game, not a measurement of "forced acrobatics". Players can contribute massively to a mission and to their squad by standing completely still for minutes on end, while actively mining/fishing somewhere else on the map contributes nothing to the mission/squad (just to take PoE/OV/CD as an example).

Putting together an algorithm that measures damage output, healing, cc etc. and balance it with MR level, distance from objective/team mates, working towards the objective etc. can't be too hard. And translating that measurement into a "not contributing"-warning & -meter popping up (when actually "not contributing") can't be too hard either. With suitable consequences for trying to leech ("not contributing"), like removing all drops/resources, affinity, rewards from the actual mission, getting a warning for leeching and then being marked with a "leech"-icon in-game for a time (to warn all other players) after receiving X warnings.

There are all kinds of personalities playing Warframe, but those willing to let/force others to do their work for them without even asking is really a group of their own, existing in the filth down below the lowest rung of any ladder. Just like IRL.

18 hours ago, Graavarg said:

In my opinion there has been a noticeable uptick in AFK overall since Prime Resurgence kicked in.

What I would like to see (instead of cryptic "standing still too long"-/"passive"-filter) is some sort of "not contributing"-meter.

After all, Warframe is a co-op game, not a measurement of "forced acrobatics". Players can contribute massively to a mission and to their squad by standing completely still for minutes on end, while actively mining/fishing somewhere else on the map contributes nothing to the mission/squad (just to take PoE/OV/CD as an example).

Putting together an algorithm that measures damage output, healing, cc etc. and balance it with MR level, distance from objective/team mates, working towards the objective etc. can't be too hard. And translating that measurement into a "not contributing"-warning & -meter popping up (when actually "not contributing") can't be too hard either. With suitable consequences for trying to leech ("not contributing"), like removing all drops/resources, affinity, rewards from the actual mission, getting a warning for leeching and then being marked with a "leech"-icon in-game for a time (to warn all other players) after receiving X warnings.

There are all kinds of personalities playing Warframe, but those willing to let/force others to do their work for them without even asking is really a group of their own, existing in the filth down below the lowest rung of any ladder. Just like IRL.

Sounds good to me

then I'll finally be able to shut down the Wukong Haters.

people are always focusing on the Clone ability to say Wukong is an AFK frame

when in reality its ability2: Cloudwalk, that lets me cover ground fast to rack up kills, plus ability3: Defy that lets me survive charging into suicidal situations.

as Wukong I typically have the best Participation stats: Most Damage Output, + Most Damage !Taken! (yeah wukong is reckless), and Most Kills.

Basically a big selfish kill-hog; certainly annoying to other players, but also certainly Not AFK

On 2021-12-24 at 8:02 AM, Lutesque said:

I thought we were suppose to leech....

I just Got Harrow Prime a Few Days ago and he's been stuck at Rank 10 these past few days because He can't kill using his Abilities.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it's Either Leech or Don't Bother...

If you are rank 10, then you aren't doing ESO. So... just do regular SO and bring some weapons that can actually kill things...???

Archived