Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode Needs To Be Optional.

Xylia

Seriously.

What resource are most players the most dry on?

Neurodes.

What boss is commonly farmed for Neurodes?

Vay Hek.

Where is Vay Hek located?

Earth, Everest.

What mission is currently on Nightmare?

Everest.

*sigh*

I remember it used to be you could avoid Nightmare Mode if you had a friend who did not have all the nodes cleared. But noooo now it throws you in that stupid lame nightmare mode even if someone in the group does not have it unlocked.

Are we ever going to get OPTIONAL nightmare modes?

Well they are optional. Just don't go there.

Nightmare mode currently acts the way it does precisely to keep players from camping one site or another too much. Sounds selfish, but if there's a high concentration of players on a few nodes then that means that there will be several nodes with zero active squads where other players could use the help.

Nightmare mode currently acts the way it does precisely to keep players from camping one site or another too much. Sounds selfish, but if there's a high concentration of players on a few nodes then that means that there will be several nodes with zero active squads where other players could use the help.

There are a few game types that always have players on them. Defense, Mobile Defense, Survival and Assassination. Say players want to only play a specific node for any reason they may choose. Nightmare mode comes on that node, and what do they do? Log off, wait for nightmare mode to pass. 

Farming a boss mission to get the bueprints to build a frame? Hey how about we turn on nightmare mode for 2 hours... Seriously what the fu...

A non optional nightmare mode is nothing but an inconvenience. That being said, people have been asking for this for MONTHS so I don't think DE will ever implement the well overdue idea.  

Edited by KingKeif

I'm not fond of this, really. "Keeping players from camping one site or another too much" is doing nothing to help us, really.

I remember when I had to wait for three days in a row for Nightmare Mode to leave Themisto so I could safely farm for Volt. This really isn't something that should ever be happening in a game.

I prefer not to play in nightmare mode most of the time. When I log in and decide all I want to do is farm up a resource and see the nightmare mode skull squatting on the mission I want to play I generally just sigh and log off. Sometimes I can go elsewhere for what I want, but often I don't really want to, so I just go play a different game.

Nightmare mode can be fun if you are in the mood for it. When you are not It would be nice if you could avoid it all together. My current workaround is to just not completely unlock any more planets.

Even if we had to play the nightmare mission once to be able to skip it for the rest of it's duration would be better. 

I agree with the topic as there is currently no incentive to completing all of the missions on the solar map as it is more of a burden in most cases when nightmare mode puts a cramp in my grind. It feels more penalizing than rewarding.

@SortaRandom, Yeah that would be the logical thing to do.

For now all we can do is regret completing the planets in their entirety as we are penalized--meanwhile those who take shortcuts still have choices and no nightmare cramps.

• 2 weeks later...