Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improve or Remove for new content?

(PSN)Egan_Legion87

So I've been playing Warframe for a few years now. Obviously we all know Conclave is barely to never used by anyone. So If no one uses it what good is it to us? Either its really poorly done or the matches just are not fun. My suggestions would have to be (if DE would consider them) to improve upon what is clearly disliked or change the format of the matches. My alternative suggestion would be to just remove it all together and make room for some new awesome content that we would actively use and enjoy! What do you think? 

What makes this game so good for me is working as a team with real players against enemies that are not real players. You play at your own pace, no worries about people getting upset if they didn't kill you first or you getting upset if they killed you first, etc. I believe this is the main reason this mode has failed. Anyone who plays it now, doesn't enjoy the mode for the sake of the mode. I believe they just play it for the rewards, etc.

honestly, I do not think conclave needs that much work right now.

just let the PVP enjoyers do their own thing. currently conclave is relatively well balanced, its relatively well liked by the people that play it and its not mandatory so we wont get complaints from PVE-only players about how some kind of PVP objective is literally impossible because they aren't good enough.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Egan_Legion87 said:

My alternative suggestion would be to just remove it all together and make room for some new awesome content that we would actively use and enjoy! What do you think? 

I think that DE should instead put one person to work on it again like [DE]Joebuck used to do back in the day, and was keeping conclave well balanced since players concerns were being addressed and even new frames were added to it rather quickly. 

I also think that tying conclave to the PvE economy would be a step in the right direction since that way playing PvP doesn't feel like a loss of time for being unable to get useful rewards from playing it.

Removing content has never fixed anything, if something, it only creates resentment towards the devs; you can still see trial/raids players and even groups that liked Solar Rail Conflicts asking for the return of such content (although i won't deny that DE stating that both, the conflict armistice and removal of trials being temporary doesn't help in this front)

3 hours ago, SDGDen said:

honestly, I do not think conclave needs that much work right now.

You're right, it doesn't need that much work right now, but the work it needs still should be done rather quickly since the worst of it are bugs implemented over 2 years ago (with The Old Blood update) that were reported very quickly but still haven't been addressed by DE in any way.

A deeper balance pass would be much appreciated, but i'd be happy if DE fixed the most blatant bugs like self refreshing electric procs, telos boltace ragdolls, PvE falloff damage bug. Addressing some other points i've read in other threads like reducing TTK (even if it was just by disabling shield gating, which alone is longer than TTK without it unless interrupted by headshots) could also be a good thing.

There's many areas where DE could improve conclave for a wider audience without entirely changing its essence (especially matchmaking, rewards, etc.), but in the end it all boils down to them doing something about the current issues of the mode.

48 minutes ago, Stormdragon said:

You're right, it doesn't need that much work right now, but the work it needs still should be done rather quickly since the worst of it are bugs implemented over 2 years ago (with The Old Blood update) that were reported very quickly but still haven't been addressed by DE in any way.

A deeper balance pass would be much appreciated, but i'd be happy if DE fixed the most blatant bugs like self refreshing electric procs, telos boltace ragdolls, PvE falloff damage bug. Addressing some other points i've read in other threads like reducing TTK (even if it was just by disabling shield gating, which alone is longer than TTK without it unless interrupted by headshots) could also be a good thing.

There's many areas where DE could improve conclave for a wider audience without entirely changing its essence (especially matchmaking, rewards, etc.), but in the end it all boils down to them doing something about the current issues of the mode.

i'm guessing you're an actual PVP player?

nice feedback! sounds like they have their work cut out for them, it'd 100% be a nice move for them to put at least one person on conclave. question is whether that's profitable for DE since the playerbase of conclave is not exactly that significant right now.

27 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

i'm guessing you're an actual PVP player?

Huh, it depends of the actual question, but overall i like competition with others so yeah, i like it and even in warframe. 

If it wasn't because of conclave, its community and the amazing people i've met in there (especially my clan and even some players from other clans and regions as well) i would have dropped warframe entirely around 2015-2016. Can't deny i haven't played conclave in a while, but i've also been barely playing warframe at all lately.

44 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

nice feedback!

Thanks! That post is mostly a summary of the biggest issues i've seen over the years, you can find most -if not all- of the listed issues posted right in this subforum or in the conclave bug report thread (also in the corresponding subforum).

48 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

question is whether that's profitable for DE since the playerbase of conclave is not exactly that significant right now.

At that point it becomes a chicken and egg issue where players don't play pvp because of its current state and devs don't fix ongoing issues due to lack of players, so someone has to take the first step to break the cycle.

Keeping in mind that PvP is a place where players can show off both, skill and "fashionframe" at once and has the potential to keep players engaged even during "content droughts" i'd argue it is worth working on improving the mode, especially since it embraces one of the best and most unique aspects of warframe: its parkour system.

3 hours ago, SDGDen said:

question is whether that's profitable for DE since the playerbase of conclave is not exactly that significant right now.

In a perhaps strange way, it could be - from an internal and a PR perspective.

For one, DE has (jokingly) talked down to Conclave players in the past, to the point it's meme-worthy. It's funny, sure, but it's funny more in an awkward trainwreck than a Wendy's Twitter guy wrecking everything and everyone. It demonstrates a sort of incompetence on DE's part that DE seems to want to laugh off. A covering joke, not one of confidence.

Like, "haha we only have 6 people playing Conclave content we've both kept around yet functionally abandoned". It's an awkward look. The kind of look that makes one think, "you couldn't remove it or improve it? You just left it to laugh at six people?"

For two - and I've pointed it out before - it's a candidate for a pet project. You give somebody a little bit of time to work on something they like and, even if it totally flops, they might do better work with everything else they're assigned, just because they feel that bit more fulfilled. It's not like DE is a stranger to pet projects - Frame Fighter is but one. But those kind of benefits don't need to come just from novel creation: maintenance often procures similar results. You can build something nice from scratch (like the Shawzin) or take something older and make that nice.

Once you're able to recognize those benefits (and odds - neither new things nor revitalized things are guaranteed to succeed) exist in both creation and maintenance, it'd probably make throwing that into a proposition a lot easier. Someone just has to clue in and convince others.

EDIT: Not to mention some people legitimately enter Warframe's PvE content via PvP. I first knew about Warframe when my younger self - who was into F2P PvP games - found about Conclave and decided to give it a shot, only to be hooked into PvE. Had PvP content been so infamous then, or simply nonexistent, Warframe would never have been on my radar. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one, too.

As a pvp enjoyer in most games and fighting game competitor, warframe pvp is really bad, and I quite understand why there 's barely any people playing it. Pvp need a better balance, deeper mechanics, deeper modes, and actually having own special mechanics apart from what we have from pve to be enjoyable and feel like we are actually playing something fun.

feeling how bad pvp is, is actually very palpable. Id be more interested in them checking pve and offering a way better AI and challenges based on gameplay than anything else.

Archived