Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FREE ROAM HOSTING

polibsielipsy

Why if host disconect all others will lost all items, but 1 player can´t use extraction in free roam?

I had many items,40-46 dioxite, 4 thyst 12 fishes and much more, I wrote them to go, tried to wait on extraction point, wait for others, (orb valis - fortuna) and nothing, after host disconected and I lost everything, 1,5 hour of searching, next 1 hour waiting for squad

This wasn´t first time when I lost rare resources

Because the game is Shoehorning archaic Squad-based networking into Open World Public scenarios which are not as conducive to team based coordinated activities

thus the conflict of players leaving as they are apt to, causing disruptive host migrations.

In a Closed Objective mission, such a migration is no problem since it is only likely to occur once the shared objective is complete

Open World being less organized, needs a different networking paradigm. Suggested: Dynamic P2P instead of Host based. -see Destiny2 Open Worlds for example.

if you open the Menu and select 'Leave Squad', you will Host Migrate to your own Session and you can then leave a Landscape anytime you wish.

additionally a Host leaving won't disrupt your own Rewards unless your connection to the Host is unreliable enough that the Host Migration fails.

On 2021-12-25 at 5:02 AM, Syrethyst said:

Pretty sure you can "esc>leave squad" and then extract on your own as per normal. (don't quote me on this, i've only done it in POE 2 years ago)

On 2021-12-25 at 5:16 AM, taiiat said:

if you open the Menu and select 'Leave Squad', you will Host Migrate to your own Session and you can then leave a Landscape anytime you wish.

additionally a Host leaving won't disrupt your own Rewards unless your connection to the Host is unreliable enough that the Host Migration fails.

This....

In my case if I Initiate the Host Migration myself then I've always managed to keep my rewards so far.

Infact if I ever get the sense that the group I'm in even hints at having different goals I just leave Squad immediately....

If by some unfortunate twist of fate I ended hosting a bunch of other players.... I always give them a chance to leave first.... If they don't listen then I shall force Host Migration on them....

Sorry but I never wanted to host in the first place... DE made me do it... Blame them 👀

9 hours ago, Lutesque said:

If by some unfortunate twist of fate I ended hosting a bunch of other players.... I always give them a chance to leave first.... If they don't listen then I shall force Host Migration on them....

my angle is that i'll stand around and wait if i want to Host Migrate a Landscape Session - it should only fail to Migrate from me if i try to leave the Landscape before their Migration is done.
so i stand around for a little bit while i wait long enough to ensure that their Migration would have successfully transitioned before i try to leave myself.

Archived