Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Supra And Gorgon Slightly Better

RedxWings

As many as you know, Supra and Gorgon are really outclassed by the Soma. The Soma's accuracy is pretty dang good not to mention the spin up + the crit rate + 2 v polarity + reload spead + etc. Yeah you get the idea.

Solution? Well, apart from waiting for Damage 2.0, why not give the Supra and Gorgon their own distinct category?

In this LMG category (I'm not sure if Soma should be included because it technically is a machine gun of sorts, only that it feels like an assault rifle):

Standing still gives you +?% of accuracy.

Crouching gives you +?% of fire rate.

Standing still and crouching gives you both benefits.

Have a LMG specific mod that lets you: [has been suggested before]

Have a bottomless magazine. (First level gives you x% of your max ammo, each level increases the amount of max ammo you can carry [effectively giving you a larger magazine])

And change vile precision ( - fire rate / - recoil ) to ( - fire rate / + accuracy), because seriously, the stabilizer/steady hands already makes weapons such as the lex really easy to control when maxed.

Opinions are welcomed as always.

Edited by RedxWings

I got the Day of the Dead skin for the Gorgon to honor a retired weapon that I thought I could get some use out of. So far, sadly, it doesn't stack up too well to other guns. While I think it'd be unlikely for DE to give a retired weapon any sort of rework, I'd greatly hope for an improvement to it.

Personally what really kills the Supra for me is that painfully slow projectile speed. All of the stats, while yes, are outclassed by the Soma, are decent...

And yes, have my +1. I'm a fan of the LMGs, and I'm quite sad as all those little sissy guns are outperforming them! (I.e. suppression and Crowd Control.) 

I've almost given up hope at this point for a reworked Gorgon.

Which, coinsidently, is why I gave it the Day of the Dead skin.

You know... Because it's a dead weapon? yuk yuk yuk yuk yuk

I remember the days when Gorgon was THE gun to get. The pure joy of revving that up to max and spraying bullets everywhere was awesome.

Now it's just revving the gorgon up and:

1. Getting mad that you can't kill much

2. Having to reload

3. Soma is getting all the kills :c

I got a lulzy idea though for MG specific mods.

Anyway Supra and Gorgon are closer to medium or even HMGs due to the sheer size of it.

After all Tenno themselves are already pretty tall as they are nearly 2 heads taller than regular humans and grineer dwarf them.

But dem mods.

Lead storm.

A chance a bullet is fired without ammo consumption.

3 ranks.

15% 30% 45% 60%

Bottomless magazines

What it says on the tin.

3 ranks.

Increases Magazine size.

40% 80% 120% 160%

Dakakakakkakakakakaka

Edited by fatpig84

Personally what really kills the Supra for me is that painfully slow projectile speed. All of the stats, while yes, are outclassed by the Soma, are decent...

And yes, have my +1. I'm a fan of the LMGs, and I'm quite sad as all those little sissy guns are outperforming them! (I.e. suppression and Crowd Control.) 

The Supra, being a death laser gun, should be hitscan. I'm not quite sure if you could uniquely make it hitscan without impinging on the Flux Rifle, but it might be worth a try (a continuous beam gun that has a DPS of 'Lol What' and infinite range, but does bullet damage).

Also, the Gorgon is easy enough to unnerf. If you were around for the early days of the closed beta, you would have known that the Gorgon orginally:

1. Fired nearly 33% faster

2. Did 30.0 damage/shot instead of 24.0

3. Was perfectly accurate on the first shot

4. Magazine size: 100

We could (And totally should) return it to that.

The Supra, being a death laser gun, should be hitscan. I'm not quite sure if you could uniquely make it hitscan without impinging on the Flux Rifle, but it might be worth a try (a continuous beam gun that has a DPS of 'Lol What' and infinite range, but does bullet damage).

Also, the Gorgon is easy enough to unnerf. If you were around for the early days of the closed beta, you would have known that the Gorgon orginally:

1. Fired nearly 33% faster

2. Did 30.0 damage/shot instead of 24.0

3. Was perfectly accurate on the first shot

4. Magazine size: 100

We could (And totally should) return it to that.

Speed up the bolts to 100 m/s like Dera and it's cool really for the Supra.

And change vile precision ( - fire rate / - recoil ) to ( - fire rate / + accuracy), because seriously, the stabilizer/steady hands already makes weapons such as the lex really easy to control when maxed.

Im against changing it, since it was made with the intention of giving 100% stabilization at the cost of two mod slots (when combined with Stabilizer), which would be used for increasing damage. So tactically speaking Vile Precision is good the way it is, you sacrifice damage for accuracy. This is left as a option for the player to choose, and choice is what this game more need at the moment.

For the rest I approve the idea of specific mods for LMGs. A mod that gives accuracy when crouching would be good, it will be like the tripods used for stabilization in LMGs. But the devs probably see the Soma as a LMG (since Soma design is based in japanese Type 99 LMG), and would include it in this category. A solution would be to nerf Soma accuracy to be on par with Gorgon and Supra, and then made it be able to use this mod without overpowering it.

Im against changing it, since it was made with the intention of giving 100% stabilization at the cost of two mod slots (when combined with Stabilizer), which would be used for increasing damage. So tactically speaking Vile Precision is good the way it is, you sacrifice damage for accuracy. This is left as a option for the player to choose, and choice is what this game more need at the moment.

For the rest I approve the idea of specific mods for LMGs. A mod that gives accuracy when crouching would be good, it will be like the tripods used for stabilization in LMGs. But the devs probably see the Soma as a LMG (since Soma design is based in japanese Type 99 LMG), and would include it in this category. A solution would be to nerf Soma accuracy to be on par with Gorgon and Supra, and then made it be able to use this mod without overpowering it.

To be honest, I'm not sure anyone would be willing enough to sacrifice 2 mod slots for 100% recoil reduction. :P Maybe only for high zoom sniper rifles, but then really, you'd be forgoing a lot of damage mods for it.

Another idea is to implement prone in Warframe, and have the mod also affect prone, giving even more accuracy then while crouching.

I'm not sure how the community will respond to having prone in the game, but my guess it would be really negative. Crouching already provides decent enough cover.

To be honest, I'm not sure anyone would be willing enough to sacrifice 2 mod slots for 100% recoil reduction. :P Maybe only for high zoom sniper rifles, but then really, you'd be forgoing a lot of damage mods for it.

I am. I use it in my Burston. And you'll not need extra damage when you can headshot with it. 

I used to have a Gorgon back before it received its original nerf, now that it's discontinued, I was able to get a bp for it from the daily login, but won't be crafting it until it ( most likely won't since it's been discontinued ) gets buffed.

As for the Supra, I have 2 forma on it, but I am going to wait until I see it gets some sort of buff, it's fairly weak for the amount of resources and rank requirement it demands.

Edited by __Kanade__

Both my Supra and Gorgon have a catalyst. Supra have one Forma and Gorgon three. I did plan to add more to Supra but the weapon is much underpowered at the moment. If DE buff it, increasing its damage and projectile speed, then I maybe invest more Formas on it.

I prefer the looks of Supra than Gorgon. I would sell the Gorgon if Supra was better than it, but is not, the spread is too much and the projectile speed made it worse.

I used to have a Gorgon back before it received its original nerf, now that it's discontinued, I was able to get a bp for it from the daily login, but won't be crafting it until it ( most likely won't since it's been discontinued ) gets buffed.

As for the Supra, I have 2 forma on it, but I am going to wait until I see it gets some sort of buff, it's fairly weak for the amount of resources and rank requirement it demands.

How powerful was the gorgon before the nerf? I started playing  on June so I might have not been paying attention

Both my Supra and Gorgon have a catalyst. Supra have one Forma and Gorgon three. I did plan to add more to Supra but the weapon is much underpowered at the moment. If DE buff it, increasing its damage and projectile speed, then I maybe invest more Formas on it.

I prefer the looks of Supra than Gorgon. I would sell the Gorgon if Supra was better than it, but is not, the spread is too much and the projectile speed made it worse.

Hence why Supra should be a direct upgrade from Dera. If it was though it would need a mastery rank of 8 or something.

How powerful was the gorgon before the nerf? I started playing  on June so I might have not been paying attention

Before the nerf, Gorgon had much less recoil and it was pinpoint accurate on first shot.

It was basically a Latron with a full-auto mode.

Then it got fixed. Then power creep phased it out of the game because Soma dose the same exact thing it did before being nerfed, but better and scaling harder with mods.